Skins?

Tip_the_Cap
373 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited January 23
Are there only a certain # of skins available at any time? Meaning, does Dice periodically change the inventory that is available to us?

If so does anyone know how often they switch, and is there way to tell when a new inventory is made available?

Comments

• disposalist
    8748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    They used to change every week, but BF1 is no longer supported...

Now you get a huge box with everything in it so if you want a specific thing you've got next-to-no chance of getting it.

Would be nice if they just made it so you could trade scraps for any skin now, but no, that would take a few minutes coding...

I've got 170,000 scraps and, even if I wanted certain skins, I can't face the hours of box opening it would take to get them.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    373 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They used to change every week, but BF1 is no longer supported...

Now you get a huge box with everything in it so if you want a specific thing you've got next-to-no chance of getting it.

Would be nice if they just made it so you could trade scraps for any skin now, but no, that would take a few minutes coding...

I've got 170,000 scraps and, even if I wanted certain skins, I can't face the hours of box opening it would take to get them.

What about the exchange? Something has to pop up there eventually.
  • disposalist
    8748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I haven't really been checking on the exchange. I'm not sure that changes either.
  • chasebarley
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The exchange was down for a couple of weeks but it’s been up and working again with rotation of skins.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    The exchange was down for a couple of weeks but it’s been up and working again with rotation of skins.

Yes I have seen that. I'm just going to focus on waiting on skins to pop up on there, as long as that may be.
  • disposalist
    If you're an obsessive completionist prepare to be frustrated though. There's at least one skin (and Codex entry) you can only get by getting Russian Operations mode battlepacks (the Russian Axe). With normal drop rates it would take many dozens of games, 100+, a real lot and that would be frustrating to do even when Russian Ops were popular and you could just repeat and repeat them.

I'm not sure you can even get a game now.

I will always have one melee weapon (and one Codex entry) missing. Have had several Tweets from devs saying they won't be changing the way it is obtained.
  • Ronin9572
    1012 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If you're an obsessive completionist prepare to be frustrated though. There's at least one skin (and Codex entry) you can only get by getting Russian Operations mode battlepacks (the Russian Axe). With normal drop rates it would take many dozens of games, 100+, a real lot and that would be frustrating to do even when Russian Ops were popular and you could just repeat and repeat them.

I will always have one melee weapon (and one Codex entry) missing. Have had several Tweets from devs saying they won't be changing the way it is obtained.

Which ones are you missing? The only melee weapon I'm missing is the Arditi knife, can't remember if I'm missing any Codex's on my main account.
  • disposalist
    Ronin9572 said:

Which ones are you missing? The only melee weapon I'm missing is the Arditi knife, can't remember if I'm missing any Codex's on my main account.
    Russian Axe
  • RossP317
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'll always be two Codex short as I'm too lazy to unlock the Peacekeeper.
  • Ronin9572
    (Quote)
    Russian Axe

Only Codex I'm missing is the Elite 1911, and the Kolibri(suck at that damn thing!). Weapon unlocks I just need the Arditi, plus I don't have Lawrence of Arabia's SMLE. I do know for a long time if you played any Operations campaign you only got the Dud Club, Russian award knife, French butcher knife and the Russian Axe(which was odd because that's a TUTI weapon). I still need tons of weapon skins though. For the 1st year and I half I only kept gold and cool looking blue skins, now I need all the rest now!
  • Tip_the_Cap
    Ronin9572 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Russian Axe

Only Codex I'm missing is the Elite 1911, and the Kolibri(suck at that damn thing!). Weapon unlocks I just need the Arditi, plus I don't have Lawrence of Arabia's SMLE. I do know for a long time if you played any Operations campaign you only got the Dud Club, Russian award knife, French butcher knife and the Russian Axe(which was odd because that's a TUTI weapon). I still need tons of weapon skins though. For the 1st year and I half I only kept gold and cool looking blue skins, now I need all the rest now!

I really want some of those blueish skins bad.
  • Ronin9572
    (Quote)
    Russian Axe

They're just distinguished skins, blue on opening battlepacks is all.
  • chasebarley
    I played Operations Campaign yesterday and got a Russian Axe puzzle piece in my battle pack . It is defiantly doable for the codex.  The Lawrence of Arabia SMLE needs to be bought with the weapons pack upgrade.
  • chasebarley
    I got the Arditi when it was originally offered as a challenge (luckily) but unless it comes up for sale for scraps on the exchange I don’t think it’s doable now.
  • MarxistDictator
    5055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It would be cool if the exchange would focus on the skins that aren’t in the drop system for battlepacks. There’s so many at this point it could run for a couple months straight just cycling through them all.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    (Quote)
    Russian Axe

They're just distinguished skins, blue on opening battlepacks is all.

We're not talking about the same skins.
  • disposalist
    edited February 13
    With all the weird battlepack giveaways lately (I think I've received about 100 in the last 24 hours) I'm up to nearly 200,000 scraps... and still nothing I want to spend them on... Yay...
    Post edited by disposalist on
  • Tip_the_Cap
    With all the weird battlepack giveaways lately (I think I've received about 100 in the last 24 hours) I'm up to nearly 200,000 scraps... and still nothing I want to spend them on... Yay...

Are the giveaways still happening?
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3027 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Haven’t received that amount but the last two night I’ve gotten 30 or so battle packs. Is it a bug (not complaining) or have dice opened the floodgates so people have a chance to obtain them all?
  • Tip_the_Cap

Haven’t received that amount but the last two night I’ve gotten 30 or so battle packs. Is it a bug (not complaining) or have dice opened the floodgates so people have a chance to obtain them all?

I dont think it's them trying to let us get them all, because I keep getting the same ones over, and over.