"DICE leadership changes as studio prepares for next Battlefield"

vcm0x
217 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
https://www.vg247.com/2020/01/31/dice-stockholm-leadership-change-next-battlefield/

did not realize the hierarchy has been changed. this could either be a good thing or a bad one (hope the former).

Comments

• misisipiRivrRat
    993 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    vcm0x said:
    https://www.vg247.com/2020/01/31/dice-stockholm-leadership-change-next-battlefield/

did not realize the hierarchy has been changed. this could either be a good thing or a bad one (hope the former).
    Yeah I saw some posts over on reddit from tiggr, David Sirland I think? He is leaving Dice in March and had a few interesting things to say. One of the things he said was things would be different with bfv if he was in charge. And when asked if he could give some insights as to who is making decisions at Dice he replied , In due time.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    993 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think it's a good thing. I'm not happy with how Battlefield V turned out. I can only play it for about an hour before I get bored/frustrated and end up firing up an older Battlefield title which is much more fun to play.
    Same. Have really tried to like bfv, but only seem to get through one match before I've had enough. Still get into bf4 for a few hours at a time and been thinking about downloading bf1 again.
  • TamKingski
    1785 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    vcm0x said:

Yeah I saw some posts over on reddit from tiggr, David Sirland I think? He is leaving Dice in March and had a few interesting things to say. One of the things he said was things would be different with bfv if he was in charge. And when asked if he could give some insights as to who is making decisions at Dice he replied , In due time.
    Im betting he will use the it was big bad EAs fault to try and shift the blame. The bfv mess and mistrust and the cause of gamers goodwill to evaporate is 90% dices doing,we all saw their after launch party where dice doubled down on labelling anyone who criticized the bfv launch trailer wether that criticism was valid or not dice labelled everyone sexist women haters.

Jumping ships and moving studios is not going to change the poor attitude and contemp him and his ilk show towards the customers who put money in their pockets.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13843 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
  • Tactical_wizzzeR
    334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    "FIFA's former boss"

that's all you need to know, expect the microtransactions for Battlefield 2021/2 to look like card packs openings, with "legendary" and "epic" rare weapons that will be locked under a paywall without any serious look into balance and depth.

expect Battlefield to get worse.