“Necro/ reviving” old threads

creepNpeep
770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
How can you be accused of reviving old threads that contain issues or concerns that are still ongoing/ current?

I just saw a thread about hardcore mode that was closed because someone recently contributes to it.
It seems to be a thread that was opened a while ago that questioned why hardcore still wasn’t available.
It had a good number of responses and is obviously still a current concern.
Then it was closed because it was responded to again.

I don’t get this forum, or maybe it’s the moderators.

Comments

• llPhantom_Limbll
    6041 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Forums rules are the same for everyone and we have to follow. And the rules say "no necroing is allowed".
  • Foxassassin
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How can you be accused of reviving old threads that contain issues or concerns that are still ongoing/ current?

I just saw a thread about hardcore mode that was closed because someone recently contributes to it.
    It seems to be a thread that was opened a while ago that questioned why hardcore still wasn’t available.

Better yet when DICE employes and CM's close threads and point to megathreads, which have now been unpinned and burried in the forums...
  • EA_Tom
    59 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V

If a thread is old but active, it's fine to keep posting in it. 

If the thread is old but still relevant and hasn't received new comments in a while, try opening a new topic instead.

Better yet when DICE employes and CM's close threads and point to megathreads, which have now been unpinned and burried in the forums...

It can also happen that a megathread isn't relevant anymore.

We very rarely "sink" threads, which prevents them from being bumped. So in this case if the thread is now buried it seems discussion in it wasn't active enough to merit a sticky.
  • Foxassassin
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA_Tom said:

If a thread is old but active, it's fine to keep posting in it. 

If the thread is old but still relevant and hasn't received new comments in a while, try opening a new topic instead.

It can also happen that a megathread isn't relevant anymore.

We very rarely "sink" threads, which prevents them from being bumped. So in this case if the thread is now buried it seems discussion in it wasn't active enough to merit a sticky.
    With all respect.  That was the case for both the Cheating megathread, and the 5.0/2 megathread. There was a steady stream of comments until it was un-stickied. That's when both of them have fallen off. Both are still severe issues
    -
    So,with megathreads gone,are people going to be linked back to them again,or will there just be a bunch of small posts again? Will they be closed because of the burried mega?