Battlefield V - Update 6.0

PartWelsh
65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
edited February 3

‏‏‎ ‎

Hey folks,

For our first update of the New Year, we’re bringing plenty of brand new content to Battlefield V, all of which will be available for you to unlock and play with this Thursday at the start of Chapter 6: Into the Jungle.

First, there’s a brand new map to play with - Solomon Islands. Deploy in this brand new Jungle environment that’s made by the original creators of Argonne Forest, and Operation Locker. Solomon Islands features plenty of intense choke points and deep flanking routes, all seamlessly connected by a winding river that runs throughout the length of the map.

We’re also adding new toys to the Battlefield Sandbox. Three new Weapons are available to Unlock -  the Type 11 LMG, the Model 37 Shotgun, and the M2 Carbine. There’s also 2 new gadgets to play with - the M1A1 Bazooka and the long awaited Lunge Mine.

For this chapter, all of these new Weapons and Gadgets will be available to unlock via Chapter Rank Rewards, making them accessible throughout Chapter 6 for players who work their way up the ranks. Make it all the way to Rank 40, and you’ll unlock a brand new Elite - Misaki Yamashiro.

Later this chapter, we’ll also have more news on two brand new elites - Steve Fisher, and Akira Sakamoto.

Below I’ve detailed out some additional changes, and fixes that are also delivered in this update, with many more to follow in Update 6.2, including a substantive revision on our current Weapon Balance.

Welcome to the Jungle.

Freeman
Battlefield Community Manager
Twitter: @PartWelsh

‏‏‎ ‎

What’s New?

• New Map: Solomon Islands, available on Conquest, Breakthrough, Squad Conquest, and Team Deathmatch
  • New Weapons: Type 11 LMG, Model 37, M2 Carbine (available via Chapter Rank Rewards)
  • New Gadgets: Lunge Mine, M1A1 Bazooka, (available via Chapter Rank Rewards)
‏‏‎ ‎

Vehicles

• Removed the impact of track disable on initial acceleration. This allows for tanks with disabled tracks to escape; however, medium and high speed performance are still heavily impacted.
  • Increased the critical angle from 10 to 20 degrees to better match the visual feedback of having a good angle on an opponent. It was too difficult to tell if you were going to get a critical hit, this increases the margin.
  • Increased the range of the AA and AT HMGs to match the coax.
  • Fixed Panzer 4 AT round only having 4 shells.
‏‏‎ ‎

Maps and modes

• Mercury - Players spawning on tanks will no longer unintentionally end up on foot.
  • Operation Underground - Fixed a rare bug that could stop the attacking team from spawning on Breakthrough.
  • Outpost - The player no longer remains stuck if the tower is destroyed while the player plants it.
  • Wake Island - Decreased the number of tanks to improve map balance on Breakthrough.
  • Wake Island - Players will now be able to deploy even if their squad gets wiped during the last sector on Breakthrough, while playing as the US.
‏‏‎ ‎

Weapons & Gadgets

• Grease gun - We’ve made some subtle tweaks to the Suppressor audio to better separate it from the experience when firing the weapon unsuppressed. 
  • AP Mine - Fixed an issue that was causing the AP mine to not do damage to infantry in Firestorm.
‏‏‎ ‎

Weapon Balance

The following changes have been applied to the bolt action rifles muzzle velocity on the Recon class:

• Ross Rifle: From 600 to 750
  • Type 99: From 600 to 750

We’ll be performing a more substantive pass on our Weapon Balance in our next update for Assault, Medic, and Support. Thank you for all of your feedback on this topic.

‏‏‎ ‎

UI & Others

• Spotted enemies are no longer represented as arrows on the minimap and do not show the direction (they're now back to diamond shapes).
  • An option to modify the strength of snap zoom has been added for players on Console.
  • Fixed a bug that was causing the “Vehicle Buster” combat role to not unlock for some players.
  • Fixed a bug that would show the Deploy screen visible on squad screen after leaving pre-round.
  • Fixed the incorrect wording in the Type 2A Mastery IV assignment.
‏‏‎ ‎

Stability

• Online server connectivity improvements that in some rare cases could drop a player from a server 30 seconds after joining it.
‏‏‎ ‎

‏‏‎ ‎

Player feedback

As always, we value your input, and we want you to reach out to us with feedback. For general feedback, please use our Battlefield V section on the Battlefield forums or join us on the Battlefield V subreddit and Discord.

Should you encounter any issues or bugs we recommend that you report them on our Battlefield V – Answers HQ forum.

You can also reach out to our Battlefield Community Managers on Twitter if you have any further topics that you would like us to write about in future blog posts.

You can reach them on Twitter @PartWelsh and @Braddock512.

Post edited by PartWelsh on

Comments

• DancesWthMice
    119 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The nerf of the type 2a? I didn't see that mentioned???
  • Gedalja
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dear Dice,

The gamemode Squad Conquest is broken, i can't play it because it will not load the server. I puts you back in menu with black screens and a loading symbol. What is happening!?
  • Goztow
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same problem with squad conquest: please fix it.
  • iamwiener
    259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Squad conquest broken. Fix it DICE muppets or rather reset the game to patch 5 and quit your jobs.
  • mesterKG
    64 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The nerf of the type 2a? I didn't see that mentioned???

You obviously missed that they fixed the type 2A:
    Fixed the incorrect wording in the Type 2A Mastery IV assignment.

Seriously tgough, I don't have a big gripe against the 2A...
  • JamieCurnock
    702 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This map is awesome, love it. It has an almost bc2 vibe the way the map winds through different areas. More maps like this please dice!!

• Jinko_itx
    764 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I can't enjoy these updates until the real problem is being taken care of, you can add 100 maps and its pointless if there are cheaters rampantly taken over every or every other game
  • PvtJohnTowle
    1034 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GG DICE you never cease to amaze me with your lack of QC with your updates 

• -1xThugx1-
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So basically this was just the release of the map and nothing more. The main issues that needed fixed in the game were ignored. I.E. weapon balance, TTK, anti-cheat, vehicle balance, phantom reload, stuck in death screen, exit map to set assignments and so on. I saw a mention of 6.2 patch but when does that come to us and what does it fix ? This that have been broken since release that are still not fix this is so much more bs from EA/Dice.
  • TedStrykr
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Did they release new walls and aimbots with this release?  After usually 2 hours or so I can find a server that isn't too awful bad, but now, it seems like all of them. Oh well.  I get an "A" for playing for two years... now onto something else
  • Bopper7629
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Did they nerf the grease gun? I shot someone 6-7 times and they didnt die. I am on a ps4
  • jroggs
    1113 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why does my game keep turning into a John Madden play diagram that locks me out of the deployment screen and teleports me randomly around the map?

• Matty101yttam
    1332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs said:
    Why does my game keep turning into a John Madden play diagram that locks me out of the deployment screen and teleports me randomly around the map?

Not going to mention what i said when this happens to me but this isn't specific to this patch, had it happen twice before.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    979 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs said:

This happened to me tonight on ps4. Was able to finally spawn on my squad after about a minute.
  • Hawkins266
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Stupid little nitpick, but would it possible to stop putting foregrips on weapons that we all know shouldn't have them (Sturmgewehr 1-5, M2 Carbine) and be allowed the choice to cosmetically apply them to weapons that would historically have them? (M1928 Thompson, it was in your reveal trailer and concept art)
  • GUNHERDOWN
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The type 2a. You lowered all the other weapons then put this one out with it not being balanced against the other weapons. If you try to play squad conquest and the other team is running 8 medics within gun you can’t get on a objective and becomes a one sided fight. This is happening a lot, enough where I don’t even play squad conquest. I tried to counter with a shotgun but they still get the distance, and you nerfed the shotguns so much that nobody really wants to use them just to counter the type 2a. In short do something about this please either bring it down to the level of the other guns or raise the other guns up.
  • ElliotLH
    8918 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

They also seem to have buried an attackers health station in a rock on Breakthrough: https://gameclips.io/ElliotCW/6f94acbd-f4c0-44ee-9b3f-917b1dfd79e0

Enjoying the map as a whole so far though. Visually it reminds me a bit of Argonne and Operation Outbreak.
  • RayD_O1
    1020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:

They also seem to have buried an attackers health station in a rock on Breakthrough: https://gameclips.io/ElliotCW/6f94acbd-f4c0-44ee-9b3f-917b1dfd79e0

Enjoying the map as a whole so far though. Visually it reminds me a bit of Argonne and Operation Outbreak.
    Yep it does and also reminds me of Crysis, don't know if you ever played that one. Someone else mentioned Far Cry which was similar too.
  • ElliotLH
    8918 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    RayD_O1 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Yep it does and also reminds me of Crysis, don't know if you ever played that one. Someone else mentioned Far Cry which was similar too.

Never played it myself unfortunately but do know it - I can see the Far Cry similarities though.