Never seen a game worst then this.

FACCIA
postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
The title is quite autoexplicative.I've been playing since bad company, thousands of hours on every battlefield. I never did a single post on Battlefield forums, i'm not going to check this post again, i don't know who's gonna read it, i don't care, honestly, i just wanna let you know, DICE, as a customer, as an affectionate customer, that this is the worst AAA game ever seen, on every platform. That's all, i'm not going to spend other words describing the issues, you already know all of them. 

Comments

• disposalist
    8748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    To be fair, I have seen many games a lot worse than BF5.  It is, however, worse than BF1 and even BF4 and even earlier and dated BFs, which is a massive disappointment.

It does fall short of what you would expect of a triple-A game in many respects also, but if you've "never seen a worse game" you've been very lucky or not played many games.
  • Ronin9572
    1012 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Im sure they must be another unsatisfied BFV customer. It's funny how BFV doesn't show up on ppl's name as being played. I think with the games terrible release they just threw in the towel on so many things having to do with that game.
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4243 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think the servers have improved on BF1 this week. I'm wrecking US players with my lovely ping advantage better than ever. Anyone else seen an improvement in BF1 server performance? 
  • WetFishDB
    2192 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the servers have improved on BF1 this week. I'm wrecking US players with my lovely ping advantage better than ever. Anyone else seen an improvement in BF1 server performance? 
    I think servers are just as poor as they were after the 'maintenance' the other day frankly.  Perhaps it's the quality of players that's declining rather than server performance improving?
  • RossP317
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The biggest gripe remains high ping players. I joined a server with someone at 450 ping last night. Game played like treacle but I had to stick with the map for a medal.
  • WetFishDB
    2192 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RossP317 said:
    The biggest gripe remains high ping players. I joined a server with someone at 450 ping last night. Game played like treacle but I had to stick with the map for a medal.
    I doubt someone with that necessarily that much of an issue. Pings that high are over the ping limit and don't benefit from client side hit detection (but you do when shooting them), which I suspect means the simulations are easier, as the server only uses its own perspective of events.  They might sponge a little bit of course.  But the server, I think, does less for them than it does for someone with a ping around 150ms.  For me, its players with more jitter that cause the problems with server performance.

Players with a ping of 450ms also have an absolutely terrible gameplay experience generally, as they have to guess where the server sees people (as opposed to where they see them on their screen).  I really doubt they have a ping that high for fun or to exploit anything.  Maybe they don't have servers in their region, or maybe they have potato internet.

All that said, whilst the netcode is generally pretty good, in my experience it seems to value a moderately high ping (~80ms) for accuracy and ranged combat, and a lower ping (~20ms) for closer combat - which feels wrong.  It should be set up in a way that those with the better (lower) ping have the best experience - period.
  • disposalist
    8748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The worst thing for me in BF4, BF1, BF5 (and probably will be in BF6, because they don't seem to want to do anything gutsy to tackle it) is team balance.  Probably in earlier versions, too, but it's so long ago... I don't remember.

Doesn't matter how technically good the game is, a badly balanced match is awful. If the skill balancing is bad and the lobby join/quit system is unhinged then the games will too regularly be a one-sided boring win or painful loss.

The worrying thing is EA/DICE seem to have given up trying for fair/challenging matches and appear to be looking at techniques like psychologically ensuring player retention by engineering pleasing win-loss sequences instead.
  • creepNpeep
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    autoexplicative 🤔

That’s a new one 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • -Antares65z
    1700 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The worst thing for me in BF4, BF1, BF5 (and probably will be in BF6, because they don't seem to want to do anything gutsy to tackle it) is team balance.  Probably in earlier versions, too, but it's so long ago... I don't remember.

Doesn't matter how technically good the game is, a badly balanced match is awful. If the skill balancing is bad and the lobby join/quit system is unhinged then the games will too regularly be a one-sided boring win or painful loss.

The worrying thing is EA/DICE seem to have given up trying for fair/challenging matches and appear to be looking at techniques like psychologically ensuring player retention by engineering pleasing win-loss sequences instead.
    Hard to balance a round when you have a bunch of low rank players running cheats and playing like they're Pro's. 
  • PSJackman4
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 15
    Uhhh...I'm guessing that you are a man that only likes modern Bf games and nothing else. Either that, or you are supposed to be in the BFV forums. I wish you would have gave more of a reason why BF1 is bad. You just called it trash and nothing else. You don't give yourself a good argument with this post. If you are a hardcore modern shooter guy and aren't open to other time periods, then go play Call of Duty Modern Warfare. And by the way, what issues? The only main problems I think that is wrong with BF1 is team balancing and high ping players. Other than that, BF1 is solid. Since there had been 10 modern bf games in a row before BF1, you are probably inclined to them. Open your surroundings for once and try different eras instead of going apes*t over the fact that BF1 is a WW1 shooter instead of the overused modern combat shooters. 
    Post edited by PSJackman4 on
  • PackersDK
    803 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    He can’t possibly mean BF1! 

I just got 41 Battlepacks from playing 1 1/2 games of Operations! On this game the bugs are a blessing. Dice truely made unicorns fart leprechaun gold dust over this game.
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4243 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    PackersDK wrote: »
    I just got 41 Battlepacks from playing 1 1/2 games of Operations! On this game the bugs are a blessing. Dice truely made unicorns fart leprechaun gold dust over this game.

Lol. That’s nothing mate. I’ve had over 300 battle packs in 2 days!
  • WetFishDB
    PackersDK wrote: »

Lol. That’s nothing mate. I’ve had over 300 battle packs in 2 days!
    That's because you are a sweaty tryhard who spends WAAAAAY too much time playing BF1.  ps, see ya tonight lol
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    Let’s get a dedicated medic train going on a US server so we can play OOR and wreck the experience for some US scrubs.

Might force a few into vehicles and make a new generation of muromets pilots.