So whats the verdict on Solomon Islands map ?

RayD_O1
1144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
What do you guys think of the new map. It may be too early for feedback but it will be good to collect your views after you play it for a while.

I played it a bit on Conquest on a Community server that only had about 20 players per side. The graphics as always look good IMHO and playing with
lower player count made things a bit less hectic, but early days.

Comments

• IGrievous
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 4
    Is bad very bad imo, in breakthrough is not posible to defend becuase the amount of tanks on the US, and the map is very open, holding the sectors is a nightmare, the tanks can snipe everyone very easily because the houses and the vegetation just get destroyed quickly, so the japaneses run out of cover. In Conquest is a bit better but i dont like the design of the map is like Argonne Forest with Vietnam atmosphere.
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    556 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I enjoyed it, but I was on American team on breakthrough.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    One big bush camping party ... lots of frustrating deaths by hiding invisible campers ...

Most players hide in the bushes just outside of the very open objective areas and never move in.
  • DrPocky
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Way too many tanks for the usa !      FIVE tanks in a small area..  
  • TheMossChoppers
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just played a game on breakthrough as the Japanese....USA only were able to take the 1st A flag....then next game played as USA and we steamrolled the Japanese....I'm really enjoying this map...lots of flanking down by the beach and along the river on farther flags..makes a difference with no planes though!
  • OskooI_007
    1354 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jungle map plays great on conquest. One of the best maps in BFV. I rank it right up there with Pacific Storm.
  • DrPocky
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What kind of play testing did Adam  Freeman  do when the usa team spawns directly in front of the Japanese team on the final point in breakthrough!!!!!!   They literally call down artilleray strikes in our spawn !

YOU LIED TO US AGAIN !

• dandop_oq7r7ppf
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So far my favorite of the pacific maps. Yes even Iwo Jima.
    I’m mainly an infantry player, and I like maps with choke points and lots of cover.
    I mainly play breakthrough, but this map plays very well on conquest.

We’ll see how this map holds up after a couple days. Once the prone bipodders find their favorite bush to camp.

• RayD_O1
    1144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 4
    Jungle map plays great on conquest. One of the best maps in BFV. I rank it right up there with Pacific Storm.
    Played another couple of rounds and I think I agree with you, Solomon and Pacific Storm are definitely 
    my favs of the Pacific maps and right up there with any of the other maps too.
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Eh, I'm hitting nothing and get insta killed all the time by the new carbine. No fun for me.
    Map is bad imo.
  • aquadude79
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    initial impression is a thumbs up
    only played BT cause no CQ servers running, and i don't like BT mode
    that said...seems like a solid map to me. a lot of area to flank on attack. i played two games, won as attacker, won as defender (attackers didn't flank). interested to play it on CQ, seems like the best of the pacific maps, by quite a bit, from my limited play.
    people complaining about campers are bad players who don't know how to move in the game, don't know how to flank, don't know how to read a minimap, and have bad to no situational awarness. yes, campers are an issue if you're terrible at the game
  • TheMossChoppers
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    initial impression is a thumbs up
    only played BT cause no CQ servers running, and i don't like BT mode
    that said...seems like a solid map to me. a lot of area to flank on attack. i played two games, won as attacker, won as defender (attackers didn't flank). interested to play it on CQ, seems like the best of the pacific maps, by quite a bit, from my limited play.
    people complaining about campers are bad players who don't know how to move in the game, don't know how to flank, don't know how to read a minimap, and have bad to no situational awarness. yes, campers are an issue if you're terrible at the game
    Totally agree mate, I don't like playing breakthrough either but really enjoyed this map and I also won as attacker and defender which doesn't always happen especially on Iwo Jima...played as support with KE7 chucking ammo packs left right and centre 
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit said:
    Eh, I'm hitting nothing and get insta killed all the time by the new carbine. No fun for me.
    Map is bad imo.
    Patchday the servers are always trash.

Lots of console servers with more than 23ms srv tick, while 12ms is the limit for good server performance ...
  • smiggyg
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tank camping on Breakthrough is terrible! Getting spawn killed by camping tanks half a dozen times isn't a great 1st impression.
  • G-Gnu
    1529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Meeeh and more clutter F  , but that is nothing new from DICE. 
  • TheMossChoppers
    smiggyg said:
    Tank camping on Breakthrough is terrible! Getting spawn killed by camping tanks half a dozen times isn't a great 1st impression.
    Can't you and some others go assault and get those pesky tankers?