So whats the verdict on Solomon Islands map ?

Comments

• MintySSD
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It’s a M2 Carbine and tank heaven honestly I like it, very few medics/snipers/support mainly assault on the games I played today.

we only had one server up on oceanic for an hour full server with 9 in Q, now last time I checked 3 Solomon map servers. 

• GrizzGolf
    1439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I like it. I havent had many issues playing it
  • StormSaxon
    696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It’s ok.

It much better than Argonne, Locker, Subway and Metro— the trash grenade spam choke point mess maps.

It’s also better than all the other pacific maps.

But it’s not brilliant.
    I’ve played it as US and Japanese on breakthrough, US will usually steam roll with 4-5 tanks. The 1-2 Japanese tanks if they have any are overwhelmed.. Japanese could do with 2-4 cannon emplacements and some type 37 AT guns in key positions. I’d have had less inaccessible areas as well as narrowing the roads and rivers... jungle fighting was much closer range than this.
  • RayD_O1
    1144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It’s ok.

It much better than Argonne, Locker, Subway and Metro— the trash grenade spam choke point mess maps.

It’s also better than all the other pacific maps.

But it’s not brilliant.
    I’ve played it as US and Japanese on breakthrough, US will usually steam roll with 4-5 tanks. The 1-2 Japanese tanks if they have any are overwhelmed.. Japanese could do with 2-4 cannon emplacements and some type 37 AT guns in key positions. I’d have had less inaccessible areas as well as narrowing the roads and rivers... jungle fighting was much closer range than this.
    Yeah I have suffered from quite a few Tank deaths but overall I mostly enjoy the map.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Only played a couple conquest rounds and quite liked it.
  • SirBobdk
    5321 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    soobs58 said:
    at least there is no farming pilots,maybe tanks should have some sort of time penalty for staying too long in one spot,at least it would make them move.
    Tanks have 3 back gear and 1 forward in case the enemy comes from behind
  • BURGERKRIEG
    1065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 5
    The draw distance for those LODS popping in is unacceptable IMO. It must be set to 10-20 meters for some of those foliage assets.

Its always been an issue but I suppose this map’s environment just highlights it even more. Maybe that’s just on console.

After playing a few hours the map is probably on par with the rest of the Pacific content which is an improvement from what came before.

Post edited by BURGERKRIEG on
  • dayglowfroggy
    623 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Played it for an hour or so and I like it partly because it's going to take a while to learn.
    I was in a party with my ex bf players who now play cod telling them they would like this one.
    I didn't like wake very much especially bt too many farming tanks and planes so this is half better.
  • rorypreston
    240 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Great map, or it will be when 6.2 drops at the moment this game is more stressful than it is fun
  • RayD_O1
    1144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Great map, or it will be when 6.2 drops at the moment this game is more stressful than it is fun
    Yep it is, and I hope 6.2 is not too far away.
  • ElliotLH
    9652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Like the map, dislike the teams I've played it with so far.
  • RayD_O1
    ElliotLH said:
    Like the map, dislike the teams I've played it with so far.
    Yeah the teams make or break the enjoyment factor that's for sure.
  • RayD_O1
    Mediocre.

The draw distance for those LODS popping in is unacceptable IMO. It must be set to 10-20 meters for some of those foliage assets.

Its always been an issue but I suppose this map’s environment just highlights it even more. Maybe that’s just on console.

Have not really noticed the pop up graphics so far on PC, are you on PC. ?
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    RayD_O1 said:
    Mediocre.

On PS4 the pop ups make it look like you are playing a lego game at times. You see a player over yonder plain as day, ADS in and theres a blooming great rock/wall/sandbag in the way!
  • Imadis64
    141 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like it a lot, though I am not very good at the CQC this map seems to require. . . . In fact, bad at CQC, especially each time I got on, I had a ping over 100 instead of my usual 50 or so. 
  • ElliotLH
    9652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    RayD_O1 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Yeah the teams make or break the enjoyment factor that's for sure.

They sure do. I guess it's natural since it's a new map so people need to get used to it.
  • tabes94
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Map could be really good.... but on breakthrough especially on the defending side its really not fun, i dont think its really due to map design (although more cover might be better) but tanks in general,  in most maps are a bit too strong, seems like a couple of good tank drivers can steam roll an entire team 
  • BURGERKRIEG
    1065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RayD_O1 said:
    Mediocre.

I’m on PS4 pro. 

I notice it a lot in spawn when I have more of a chance to just walk around.
  • Imadis64
    141 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I almost ALWAYS play Breakthrough, seems a bit more realistic from a strategy standpoint.

Just played Conquest and had an ABSOLUTE BLAST!! The layout of the map lends itself to an organized version of Conquest Chaos. Plenty of boats to get around, Plenty of flanking, Plenty open spaces, Plenty of jungles. . . tanks not as important in Conquest
  • TectonicGuns
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    One of the best maps ever.