So whats the verdict on Solomon Islands map ?

Comments

• BosundaveE6
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love this game and all of its maps, I have stated before because of my age has depleted my reaction time.  I am always down in the low numbers on the scoreboard, and I don't mind that a bit.  the game is just plain fun.  but I have to disagree with the claim that the game is realistic.  from my military experience you don't spray bullets into a mans chest and he is still shooting back and sometimes gets the kill.  I think that the bullet damage needs to be raised quite a bit.  because of my age I play mostly support and sniper.  when I am pouring bullets from the mg 42 into people and they are still running for cover is a little hard to take.  sniping, hit a man anywhere on his body and it doesn't faze him, it has to be a headshot to kill with one bullet. really?  if you get hit anywhere on your body, from a high powered rifle, your going down.  rant over, I still love and will continue to play the game
  • mf_shro0m
    2353 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like the aesthetics but the objectives are a bit too open and the balancing in breakthrough needs tweaking. In the first sector the Japanese need an extra stationary gun and after that they need an extra tank
  • PeaceWeaver
    210 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I enjoy the map, but man, some of the guys playing at the moment... :#
  • mesterKG
    174 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Love the map so far.

As normal, only thing that bugs me is other players not agree with me on how to play. Not so bad though.

I had a blast defending on BT with mg42. Say what you want about btk and what not. The gun still shreds. Even downed a sniper or two at range.

glhf
  • Zozeberry
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RayD_O1 wrote: »
    What do you guys think of the new map. It may be too early for feedback but it will be good to collect your views after you play it for a while.

I played it a bit on Conquest on a Community server that only had about 20 players per side. The graphics as always look good IMHO and playing with
    lower player count made things a bit less hectic, but early days.

I like it. Feels sort of like a map from BFBC2 Vietnam
  • MintySSD
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I will say in breakthrough during the last sector i tried to call in the hitachi tank but it wouldnt allow me too (As defender) and had plenty of coin.

Its quite easy to storm through on breakthrough as an attacker if you initial landing LVTs are not destroyed, i played one round 5 tanks on the US v our 2 which was really 0 and i say 0 because you dont stand a chance 5 tanks against any single tank.

If you have a squad of assaults its quite easy to over run one tank just saying ;)
  • PeaceWeaver
    210 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MintySSD wrote: »
    I will say in breakthrough during the last sector i tried to call in the hitachi tank but it wouldnt allow me too (As defender) and had plenty of coin.

Someone else probably had the tank active. You can’t call in multiple reinforcements of the same type at the same time; it would be incredibly broken if every squad on the team could have reinforcement tanks active simultaneously, or if they could all launch an arty strike in unison.
  • IDazzlerazzle
    541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Breakthrough on this map is pure tank farming 
  • jroggs
    1227 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This would be a far better and more interesting map with only transports and no tanks.
  • CT1924
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Love the map, and it feels open and restricted enough. Great map. But... current ttk means that this map's 2 engagement distance outcomes rely on your gun. Would have been great in 5.0, when I could 5 shot at 600rpm(LS26, headshots here and there). But now you pick one distance, and don't shoot during other engagements. Really resitricts the map.
  • CT1924
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    smiggyg wrote: »
    Tank camping on Breakthrough is terrible! Getting spawn killed by camping tanks half a dozen times isn't a great 1st impression.

Wait for people to learn the map. Many hidden routes to get tanks from, and verticality too. You have to look for it, though. No walkways, have to climb.
  • Foxassassin
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CT1924 said:
    smiggyg wrote: »
    Tank camping on Breakthrough is terrible! Getting spawn killed by camping tanks half a dozen times isn't a great 1st impression.

Wait for people to learn the map. Many hidden routes to get tanks from, and verticality too. You have to look for it, though. No walkways, have to climb.
    Wonder how long before invisible walls start going up, Like on several other maps?
  • RayD_O1
    1144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs said:
    This would be a far better and more interesting map with only transports and no tanks.
    I had actually thought the same.
  • RayD_O1
    1144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zozeberry said:
    RayD_O1 wrote: »
    What do you guys think of the new map. It may be too early for feedback but it will be good to collect your views after you play it for a while.

I played it a bit on Conquest on a Community server that only had about 20 players per side. The graphics as always look good IMHO and playing with
    lower player count made things a bit less hectic, but early days.

I like it. Feels sort of like a map from BFBC2 Vietnam
    Yep I agree and I loved that.
  • UltraMG42CamPeR
    351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    First round I entered, I went 0-17 :D, half of it was tank kills. Then I got used to it. Some parts of the maps reminded me of Argonne Forest. I played Breakthru and Conquest, and there was chaos in both which is cool in my book;).   
  • FatherDed
    292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 6
    Some parts of the maps reminded me of Argonne Forest. 
    Yeah me too. There are certain places where you are presented with the illusion of being in an open jungle but in reality you're being funneled down tightly-defined green corridors. There are other more open, free-roaming wide areas too though.

In general, I love it. It looks great, a nice mix of dense and more open areas, it's got some atmosphere and there's lots to learn and explore in it.

That's 5 great maps in a row (well 4 if you're not that fussed about underground). I'm a happy bunny.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I love destroying tanks with AT rifles on this map, they have no idea in which bush I am and where to go and I can keep on shooting  :D 
    It is so easy to destroy lots of tanks on this map.
  • RayD_O1
    First round I entered, I went 0-17 :D, half of it was tank kills. Then I got used to it. Some parts of the maps reminded me of Argonne Forest. I played Breakthru and Conquest, and there was chaos in both which is cool in my book;).   
    Yeah its quite easy to get slaughtered in the early rounds when  they launch a new map   :)
  • luky31
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bad map