So whats the verdict on Solomon Islands map ?

Comments

• RayD_O1
    1145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Love the map but like every bf map if the balancing is off then Breakthrough is hell. Had some great games and other unbalanced games where we can't even get near the first flag. My view is that virtually every bf map can be good or bad depending on the team you have. The team balance completely dictates how the match will play out.

But on topic, its a belter of a map imo.
    I agree it is a belter of a map, and I think graphically speaking it is possibly the best map in BFV. 

• Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Haven't played since the 2nd week of Wake Island. I was a bit disappointed at the balancing of that map. I played the first game a bit earlier as US and it was over in like 10mins. Didn't even have a chance to see the whole map, first impression though, I like it. But is this another Wake Island? I thought so until the very next round with roles reversed, US couldn't even take the beach.

Now, was I in a lucky team or is this another Wake Island? I had no idea what was going on outside of my bunker lol but I saw a lot of US tanks at one point coming straight at me. Somehow our team destroyed them all? Not sure really...
  • BURGERKRIEG
    1065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Having played a few hours it’s definitely a good map. Lots of interesting areas.

Pity the game itself still sucks.

• TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's bad. Looks beautiful though. But plays awful, especially in BT.
    So agreed on the graphics part, very good looking. For the rest I dislike it.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Meh, I spend a whole round of Conquest and had three engagements. Typical BFV map. Too large, too long paths between flags, half the maps is simply unplayed and the flow is generally just two zergs avoiding each other.
    And on Breakthrough it is just like Wake. You can not attack, so DICE gives you 6 tanks. So 6 guys go 50-4 and 58 have little fun, because of that. Mind you, without the tanks, all attacks are futile, since map design is not DICE's forte.
    Also doesn't play anything like a close quarters map, if one expected that. I had hoped for a green version of Devastation, or a Zavod Style map, or even a Guilin Peaks. Not the case.
    Looks good though, which is all that counts in BFV.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2020
    Wow, you really see how bad some tankers are on this map, some literately in CQ park outside the home base and have awful scores and kills all match. And only having one actual tank with a setup you spawn into, is a major loss to the side that has a crap tanker. 
  • Player_rs688is9
    93 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    To much dead space. Attack on BT is ok But Yeah way to many cancertanks. And conquest is way to big. But i understand many of the bushcamping noobs love it.
  • BeastofBourbon84
    763 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I hope the bazooka is good cause my piat doesn't cut it on those long ranges.

Haven't unlocked it yet.
  • aseveredfoot
    2467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's decent. I need to put in more time to really get a better feel for it. Getting pushed back in breakthrough had me all turned around and confused here and there.

I didn't really have the visibility issues I've seen some complain about. Just one guy camping in some brush once that I missed.
  • Funkcrush
    10 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Decent map, however as someone said, I don't feel I am in the jungle at all, more like a huge garden. Biggest positive is definitely lack of little jimmies in their airplanes.

I do feel like I have never played a WW2 game that would feel less like WW2. Considering this is a day one and most of the servers I played on PS4 today were half empty, I am a bit worried.

New guns and gadgets are disappointing, don't have the bazooka yet so maybe something to look forward to.
  • BtheReaper49
    426 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Having played a few hours it’s definitely a good map. Lots of interesting areas.

Agree entirely...map looks nice but the gameplay is still just garbage. Twitchy, Instadeath kills all over AND got stuck in a perma death animation near a fortification. Also had one teammate with 600 + ping and one opponent with 700+ ping. I mean, really Dice?
    Unfortunately the bugs and crappy gameplay are here to stay for the next 2 years. Yup, that's right, 2 more years. Ugh....
    I really just sample the new maps and weapons. I just don't have that "can't wait to play" feeling at all due to the aforementioned problems. Sad really...
  • RayD_O1
    1145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Agree entirely...map looks nice but the gameplay is still just garbage. Twitchy, Instadeath kills all over AND got stuck in a perma death animation near a fortification. Also had one teammate with 600 + ping and one opponent with 700+ ping. I mean, really Dice?
    Unfortunately the bugs and crappy gameplay are here to stay for the next 2 years. Yup, that's right, 2 more years. Ugh....
    I really just sample the new maps and weapons. I just don't have that "can't wait to play" feeling at all due to the aforementioned problems. Sad really...
    Indeed gameplay needs a massive overhaul.
  • Hercules728
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No planes .. I like it . I think the map plays well . There are a lot of tanks but plenty of room to flank them . Best pacific map by far , my opinion . 
  • SirBobdk
    5334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I had actually decided to stop playing, but tried the map yesterday. It is quite good like the other pacific maps.
  • RayD_O1
    SirBobdk said:
    I had actually decided to stop playing, but tried the map yesterday. It is quite good like the other pacific maps.
    Yeah I agree all the pacific maps are all pretty decent.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1181 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I like it but defending on breakthrough can be difficult. The first and last sectors can be nearly impossible if the attackers aren't bordering on idiocy.

Related as it's happening on this map but I really don't think tanks should be quite so effective when they're in the water, what's the best way to combat them?
  • SirBobdk
    5334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2020
     but I really don't think tanks should be quite so effective when they're in the water, what's the best way to combat them?
    Water pistols. Included in next tow. They will fil the tank and make it sink. If you manage you will be rewarded with a stuffed teddy bear.
  • Woodlbrad
    744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Conquest was fun but just like every other map breakthrough is trash. A conquest only playlist for the new map would be nice.
  • RayD_O1
    Woodlbrad said:
    Conquest was fun but just like every other map breakthrough is trash. A conquest only playlist for the new map would be nice.
    Exactly what I have been asking for on this thread - https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/199635/pacific-war-playlist-separate-modes-when-jungle-map-added-please#latest
  • BURGERKRIEG
    1065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Map design in general has certainly improved with the Pacific content. 

Wasn’t it underground and al Sudan before that? Those are well designed too.

Map design had definitely been better recently.