So whats the verdict on Solomon Islands map ?

Comments

• RayD_O1
    1144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Map design in general has certainly improved with the Pacific content. 

Wasn’t it underground and al Sudan before that? Those are well designed too.

Map design had definitely been better recently.
    I feel the same about the last 6 maps, certainly they are streets ahead graphically.
  • RayD_O1
    1144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really like it, in both CQ and BT. Its very beautiful and bigger/more complex than it looks.

I do wish it was in sequence with the other Pac maps in the VA rotation, or even better pacific only.

The Pacific maps are heads and shoulders better than the nilla maps.
    They are indeed and I would love to have a dedicated Pacific server rotation for each mode so all players can enjoy without server hopping.
  • fs2097
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Teammates who sit and camp while they need to attack. People who can't play don't know how to flank etc. It's a beautiful map but it sucks when you get stuck with a bad team while the opposite team is camping. The worst part is when you rush to an objective and none of your lame teammates are spawning on you. These idiots are ruining the game. I wonder why these pacific maps don't have an Grand Operations gameplay. Seems like DICE doesn't give a crap about Operations anymore.
  • RealAshWilliams
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 8
    Need servers conquest 32 players. Balancing is bad with tanks. 
    The developers really play their game ?
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wish they would either lose the generic map spawned tanks or allow us like most of BF games to use our setups when we jump in them. But the map itself is sound.
  • Woodlbrad
    744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It’s over at 3rd sector in breakthrough it’s a gimme for defense. The chokes before B are terrible I’ve never seen the 4th sector.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I haven't played any BF5 since the Chapter 5 ended.  Last time I fired up BF5 for XBOX1. I ended up on a map losing by like 300 tickets and left seconds after joining then signed off for dinner.
  • Squad_Cohesion
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Map needs planes to counter the tankaces that cant be beaten by inf.
  • RealAshWilliams
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Wish they would either lose the generic map spawned tanks or allow us like most of BF games to use our setups when we jump in them. But the map itself is sound.
    Yes the map is very good for my as maps Pacific, wake is great map good job.
    But on Solomon Island the balancing is bad and for me, the map on conquest 32 players it would be very good.
  • karcyon
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you like 5 minutes of running and then getting sniped instantly you probably like it....
  • RayD_O1
    karcyon said:
    If you like 5 minutes of running and then getting sniped instantly you probably like it....
    Don't really find it much different in that respect to many of the other maps but everyone has their own experiences.
  • RayD_O1
    Map needs planes to counter the tankaces that cant be beaten by inf.
    The tanks can be a problem for infantry but I think planes on this map would be mayhem.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11605 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Overall, I like the map a lot.

I noticed that the opposing team usually had more tonks than ours though...
  • RayD_O1
    It seems to be pretty popular with most players, a decent addition to the other Pacific maps.
  • fs2097
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    But on Solomon Island the balancing is bad and for me, the map on conquest 32 players it would be very good.
    Often it gets so ridiculous, 20 vs 30 and when you join you'll join the team that has the most players in it so it's 20 vs 31. It would be great if they added the switch team option back.
  • RayD_O1
    fs2097 said:
    Often it gets so ridiculous, 20 vs 30 and when you join you'll join the team that has the most players in it so it's 20 vs 31. It would be great if they added the switch team option back.
    It defies logic that a AAA game can run without any form of balancing in 2020.
  • Nic727_1
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Way too many tanks on US side and objectives not well placed to really have a chance to defend.
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    994 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dice should just keep making more pacific maps/vehicles/weaps. Its so much better than euro theatre, just run with it
  • RayD_O1
    Nic727_1 said:
    Way too many tanks on US side and objectives not well placed to really have a chance to defend.
    Hopefully that is something they address in update 6.2.