So whats the verdict on Solomon Islands map ?

123457»

Comments

• RayD_O1
    1144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dice should just keep making more pacific maps/vehicles/weaps. Its so much better than euro theatre, just run with it
    You have my vote on that one, the pacific maps are a breath of fresh air.
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Great map but poorly balanced again. Just give defenders some tanks too.
  • Loony
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    *didnt read the whole thread* conquest is not bad, breakthough is again horrible.... over all i wouldn't mind it if it was just thrown into the rotation over having it just by itself? - 1 map???? with 2 modes.... really? so sick of it now.
    I dont care about the chapter rewards and sometimes its the only map you can join on. The few that are regular maps stay overfull (suggesting its not just me lol)
  • mackpapi
    174 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    breakthrough is dependent on the skill level & competence of both teams

1st sector: pockets of gorilla warfare and hard flanks are required to stop tanks and quickly diminish ticket count.
    2nd sector: B cap is impossible to hold in my opinion way too open for a jungle map, A is easier to hold! draw the enemies away from B and it will be yours shortly. 
    3rd sector: A cap is easy to hold with the help of armor, along the canals, yielding tank traffic across the river. B is a free for all imo
    last sector: gorilla warfare, counterattacks, and flanks are essential here! it is pretty easy to hold if you have 1 or 2 competent tankers dealing with theirs and enemy breakthroughs. 

conquest is just fun plain and simple not complaints!
  • BeastofBourbon84
    754 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Man gorilla warfare sounds awesome - I'd buy that for a dollar ;)
  • RayD_O1
    1144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Man gorilla warfare sounds awesome - I'd buy that for a dollar ;)
    hahaha me too.
  • Celsi_GER
    923 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pro:
    - Nice jungle design and no planes.

Con:
    - Too many tanks and teethless antitank tools (Panzerfaust causes average 12 HP, this is ridiculous)
    - Attackers always win in Breakthrough (they seem to have more tanks than defenders?)
    - Campers Paradise: People sit in bushes and camp, tanks keep safe distance and farm kills instead of PTFO
    - Permanently being spotted ruins flanking actions

I know that the last 2 cons are not a problem of the map, but they ruin it anyway.

Dice, do something about the broken spotting!!!
  • RayD_O1
    Celsi_GER said:
    Pro:
    - Nice jungle design and no planes.

Con:
    - Too many tanks and teethless antitank tools (Panzerfaust causes average 12 HP, this is ridiculous)
    - Attackers always win in Breakthrough (they seem to have more tanks than defenders?)
    - Campers Paradise: People sit in bushes and camp, tanks keep safe distance and farm kills instead of PTFO
    - Permanently being spotted ruins flanking actions

I know that the last 2 cons are not a problem of the map, but they ruin it anyway.

Dice, do something about the broken spotting!!!
    Yep its a decent looking map which needs issues sorted.
  • FatherDed
    292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dice should just keep making more pacific maps/vehicles/weaps. Its so much better than euro theatre, just run with it
    They're definitely better than what went before (well least some of what went before anyway). I do like the pacific vibe but think it's also down to them evolving and getting better at making maps in this iteration of the engine - they were clearly struggling and didn't have enough time when it first launched. I bet if they did more euro maps now, they'd be of as high quality and as enjoyable as the pacific maps.
  • RayD_O1
    edited February 13
    FatherDed said:
    They're definitely better than what went before (well least some of what went before anyway). I do like the pacific vibe but think it's also down to them evolving and getting better at making maps in this iteration of the engine - they were clearly struggling and didn't have enough time when it first launched. I bet if they did more euro maps now, they'd be of as high quality and as enjoyable as the pacific maps.
    Very true. I feel Al Sundan, Underground, and all the Pacific maps are of a high standard quality wise.
  • FatherDed
    292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RayD_O1 said:
    FatherDed said:
    Very true. I feel Al Sundan, Underground, and all the Pacific maps are of a high standard quality wise.
    If they keep giving us a steady feed of that quality of map through to autumn 2021 when the next one releases, I'll quite happily play through to then. I've not put this many hours into a game since BF2.
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    More I play it more I enjoy it. All Pacific maps are amazing. On Conquest at least where there's balance.