A normal day in European Servers

PrOdyh
45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited February 6
A picture is worth a thousand words.

¿Why dont have region lock or ping restriction EA/DICE?

Comments

• iamwiener
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I see the issue: you should have been kicked for low ping!
  • Violent_Rumble
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Because EA/DICE are stingy and don't pay for servers in all regions. Gone is the day when local ISP's hosted the game.
  • Odds1979
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah anno 2020 there are hardly any DC's available around the world and Amazon only hosts in the US/EU ... right. https://aws.amazon.com/about-aws/global-infrastructure/
    -
    Not implementing a ping limit is strange and also their method of putting people on servers that are way OOR makes just no sense.
    --
    If money is an issues for DICE/EA when it comes to hosting why not do it like Blizzard does.
    Pay a small fee every month which they can use to maintain the servers and open more high quality nodes if needed spread around the globe, DCs enough around the world.

• SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER said:
    PrOdyh wrote: »

(Image)

That's not a normal round. Where is the cheater with 100:0 KDR?
    hahahaha, true.
  • I9sixty2
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Oh man....first thing I looked for also. The sad truth. 
  • ragnarok013
    3891 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

(Image)

There’s never been an official region or ping lock in Battlefield that was accomplished in previous games via procon/rcon. You also posted this when most people in the EU are at work so the likelihood of out of region players increases.
  • ackers75
    2651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I bet that server was a treat to play on.
    I would of instantly quit that game
  • Carbonic
    1947 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited February 7
    @PrOdyh
     I'm sorry but that's not an EU server - if you look into the people with low ping they seem to be from the US. Most likely the server finder began filling a US server with people from the wrong continent, it has happened before.
    Post edited by Carbonic on
  • CaptainHardware
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A decent number of people are reporting problems with out of region matchmaking on twitter and reddit. DICE broke the matchmaking with 6.0.... again. This is easily the fifth or sixth time this has happened in BFV. On the plus side DICE is usually able to fix this with backend changes.
  • Sp3ckledJ1m
    195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    A decent number of people are reporting problems with out of region matchmaking on twitter and reddit. DICE broke the matchmaking with 6.0.... again. This is easily the fifth or sixth time this has happened in BFV. On the plus side DICE is usually able to fix this with backend changes.
    What do you mean they broke it? It was already broken.
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 7
    Carbonic said:
    @PrOdyh
     I'm sorry but that's not an EU server - if you look into the people with low ping they seem to be from the US. Most likely the server finder began filling a US server with people from the wrong continent, it has happened before.

This actually happened a lot to me when I used auto play. But early in the morning most eu servers will be gone, so logically if you want to play you end up in a us server. Which isn't too bad imo. While unwanted for other players, ping 150 is reasonably smooth in this game on the client side.
  • PrOdyh
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 8
    @Carbonic 

Excuse me but it is. I always get through the advanced server search engine and always enter the first ones that are the ones that give me the best ping (I am from Spain).

It's not trolling, it happened just that morning where I put the image
  • Carbonic
    1947 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    You need to press escape once you are into such a server and go into the server info to see the location of the server you actually got into. If we have learned one thing it is that mistakes can happen while getting into a server.
  • PrOdyh
    @Carbonic

If I had 45 ms, how could I go wrong as a server? I understand that your job is to throw balls out as a moderator. But the server was 100% German.
  • Carbonic
    @Carbonic

If I had 45 ms, how could I go wrong as a server? I understand that your job is to throw balls out as a moderator. But the server was 100% German.
    From looking at the people with low ping that's what it looks like to me. A US server. If it's not i don't know what's happening - never seen an EU server with even close to that many high ping players, ever.
    PS. Nothing is my "job" on here. I'm just discussing like everyone else.
  • sendjes
    618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 9
    Last night, I saw a bunch of 200+ on a German server, never seen this before.
    *EDIT* And I was around my usual 15-25ms.
  • VonReisler
    572 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

(Image)

There’s never been an official region or ping lock in Battlefield that was accomplished in previous games via procon/rcon. You also posted this when most people in the EU are at work so the likelihood of out of region players increases.

Not sure what you're trying to argue here, but I remember playing on a local BF4 server for years (and it's still going) that has a ping kicker at 120ms. You also gave no answer to the question as to why EA/Dice do not have ping restrictions on their servers.
  • Dougherthy
    38 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dont ignore this problem play the game and find out yourself its real
  • SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 11

I had a day off work yesterday and I saw the same in EU servers before 11 a clock. Less than 10 out of 64 had a ping under 130. Mine was 20.
    Post edited by SirBobdk on