Play bf5 with hotspot smartphone

SenzaNick95
3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
Hi guys, I wanted to ask you one thing, do you know how many MB are consumed playing bf5, using the data connection of the smartphone? is it a feasible thing? in an hour for example how many MB are consumed? thank you

Comments

• SenzaNick95
    Weong forum, this is BF1.

Ive played Bf1 on a 4G dongle, which is almost equvalent when I was tralleing while working - I used t stay in hotels 3-4 nights per week. 

It is patchy - as those dongles and phones are  are not really made to have the same stability or speed compared with fixed line, so one can get packet loss and rubber banding. However, if you are getting decent 4G signal, its can be quite playable. 

It uses surprisingly little data - a few megabytes for an hour of gaming. I was also in party concurrently, so it may be  pretty decent of you don't use VOIP/Parties. 

I would say overall, its OK - but expect to be booted out of a few games and expect some lag and a few hit reg issues along the way. 

Weong forum, this is BF1.

Ive played Bf1 on a 4G dongle, which is almost equvalent when I was tralleing while working - I used t stay in hotels 3-4 nights per week.

It is patchy - as those dongles and phones are are not really made to have the same stability or speed compared with fixed line, so one can get packet loss and rubber banding. However, if you are getting decent 4G signal, its can be quite playable.

It uses surprisingly little data - a few megabytes for an hour of gaming. I was also in party concurrently, so it may be pretty decent of you don't use VOIP/Parties.

I would say overall, its OK - but expect to be booted out of a few games and expect some lag and a few hit reg issues along the way.
  • OskooI_007
    1272 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 7
    BFV averages 300 kilobits per second download and 150 kilobits upload. You can check this with the in-game network graph.

That equals around 200 megabytes per hour.
    Post edited by OskooI_007 on
  • SenzaNick95
    Thanks bro
  • WetFishDB
    2308 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 7
    BFV averages 300 kilobits per second download and 150 kilobits upload. You can check this with the in-game network graph.

That equals around 200 megabytes per hour.
    This is why I find it hilarious when people say, whilst complaining about netcode, "I have great internet, I have 50Mb internet - it can't be the problem."  People really don't understand bandwidth is something entirely different from latency - and how much more important the latter is for online gaming (as well as packet loss etc).

And I think both latency and packet loss will make gaming on a dongle a bit... well... hit/miss.
  • SenzaNick95
    My ping is always around 60ms, with other games I have never had problems
  • 4343radnar
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Best provider for hotspot on bf4

• Titan_Awaken
    1181 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I hear that Don'tNecroDeadThreads is a good provider for hotspots on BF4. Might want to check them out.

/necro
  • The_BERG_366
    2723 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I hear that Don'tNecroDeadThreads is a good provider for hotspots on BF4. Might want to check them out.

/necro
    do you have a good reason as to why this thread shouldn't be revived? (fyi: it is 4 months old is NOT a good reason)
  • TheGM86
    871 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 6
    *Sees topic title*

• TheGM86
    871 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    *sees topic title*