Alternative to BFV

ferrelscent
4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited February 8
I was away from PC gaming for many years. I bought a decent PC recently and dug out my copy of BF4 and was enjoying that. Then I thought I'd try out my PC's specs on BF5. But I have pretty much given up on it, every game is a storm of confusion ending with me being shot by somebody a thousand miles away. BF4 is simply more fun. So, still wanting a bit of variety I don't know which other BF game to go for. Is there any site I can go to to find out which of the older BF games still has plenty of players on it ?

Comments

• CrashCA
    1209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In addition to BF4, BFBC2 and BF3 both servers running and players 
  • BrianLocal1
    571 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 is still going strong.
  • RyleyMA61
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hell let Loose on PC is where I've jumped ship to - but it doesn't have the graphics/sound of BFV so it's still not a perfect fit for me

• misisipiRivrRat
    979 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Plenty of bf4 servers on ps4 for any console players looking to change it up. 
  • MogwaiWarrior
    962 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 is still going strong.

And is head and shoulders above BFV if “fun” is what you are looking for.
  • ferrelscent
    OK thanks for the replies

• ferrelscent
    Update - I've just downloaded BF1 and played for 20 mins. It is thousand time better to play than BF5. More atmosphere, more chance of playing a bit before being shot by a far off invisible enemy. Less bits of crap flying aroung confusing your vision. That is a shame to say as there has obviuously been a very large amount of effort put into BF5. Hope they fix it. Meanwhile I will be at BF1.
  • ferrelscent
    OH...and thanks for moving this to 'off topic' by the way (?)
  • Tactical_wizzzeR
    334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If I have to be honest, there isn't really a true competition in the very specific place Battlefield is, most alternatives are indie games that although very good, like Post Scriptum and Hell Let Loose, those are more hardcore experiences.
    the closet thing is Planetside 2, but that game is a whole other bag of cats...
  • ferrelscent
    If I have to be honest, there isn't really a true competition in the very specific place Battlefield is, most alternatives are indie games that although very good, like Post Scriptum and Hell Let Loose, those are more hardcore experiences.
    the closet thing is Planetside 2, but that game is a whole other bag of cats...

Thank...but there is and alternative to BFV in my circumstances, and it is called 'Battlefield 1' which I am now happily playing thanks to somebodies suggestion.
  • Fritz_Der_Kaiser
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I recommend escape from Tarkov