Enough with the flares!!!

DAXDELTA20
39 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Is it my imagination, or has BFV become one giant flare festival? Sniper flares I can live with.... kinda. At least u can shoot them down. Everything else is a joke. It’s WW2, right?? But planes shoot flares 12,000 feet in the air like Baby Drones. Can’t shoot them down and they last like an hour. Tank shoots at u, you’re spotted. Doesn’t matter that it didn’t even hit you. Sniper nicks u, spotted, even if u heal yourself. Pull a nice flank, never mind, the flares will give it away. Not sure if it was designed to stop the campers, but in my opinion, it’s negatively hurting players playing objectives. Really ruining what fun was left in the game.

Comments

• m1k3ol
    839 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Moderator
    Plane flares can be destroyed

I guess altitude doesn't help to shoot them down
  • dcs500
    1485 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly they should just scap Breakthrough, most objectives are borderline impossible to defend anyway with the BS 360 degree flanks, now the whole battlefield can be lit up by a single aircraft batch dropping flares all over the place, at high altitude, with a huge spotting radius.

• CT1924
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    m1k3ol wrote: »
    Plane flares can be destroyed

I guess altitude doesn't help to shoot them down

Just use a sidearm qnd save your ammo. Works for me.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    962 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I always preferred the spotting a player manually. You've seen them, you've spotted them. It's been part of the game forever. It was pretty much accepted as part of the title

This.
  • MrCamp121
    896 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In another thread someone suggested getting rid of all spotting except the recon flare and scope. No more plane flares, sniper and mmg role spotting, tank spotting or any others I've missed. I wouldn't mind seeing that.

Youve just exposed yourself to the "i cant see therefore we all need flares and ez spotting" crowd. Good luck lol
  • Grandnightchamp
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tried to play again lasted 10 min spotted the whole time and spent it shooting down flares. Back to #4 hardcore for me.
  • DigitalHype
    794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Flares = plausible deniability.
  • InS_Hypno
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They need to remove the minimap spotting

Fixes the problem while not having anything massive to tweak
  • talhaONE
    542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can medic noobs stop crying about recon please?
  • MrCamp121
    896 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE wrote: »

Learn to read
  • talhaONE
    542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MrCamp121 wrote: »

Learn to read

I have read. Another whining thread about flares. Nothing new.
  • InS_Hypno
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE said:
    MrCamp121 wrote: »

Learn to read

I have read. Another whining thread about flares. Nothing new.
    Should people who mainly spend their time prone in deathmatch even talk?
  • talhaONE
    InS_Hypno wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Should people who mainly spend their time prone in deathmatch even talk?
    Should Assault tryhards judge support mains?