Chapter 6 Week #2 was a good example of decent assignments/tasks

Hawxxeye
6723 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited February 14
The weekly tasks this week were particularly well thought compared to past weeks.
The tasks would more or less get completed naturally by playing on the weekly rotation without  any annoying tasks like katana kills.
I hope that this is a sign of an improved design for the weekly tasks going forward.

Comments

• ninjapenquinuk
    2071 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The TOW tasks do seem to swing wildy from the waaaaaaay to easy and pointless, like1 kill with the FG42 - why not make it 5 or 10? to the really frustrating and specific ones like katana kills. Though to be fair, those ones are usually optional. 
  • jroggs
    1113 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In my opinion it's just the opposite: a boring set of pointless assignments that reflects how gunshy DICE has become about asking players to do anything even a little bit outside their extremely narrow preferences.

Every week it's 7-8 of the same 12 things: play one round of the weekly mode, shoot some people, build some fortifications, capture some objectives, damage some tanks, repair some tanks, throw some bandages or ammo, shoot some more people, done. Sometimes you can knock out the reward in under an hour, and you rarely need much more than two.

And people still complain. "How dare you make me play a round of Firestorm or use an FG-42? How can you look at yourselves in the mirror, DICE devs?"

I'd suggest they just get rid of the whole progression system entirely, but I know a lot players would stop playing the game entirely if they didn't have "things to work on."
  • ElliotLH
    8918 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They were decent indeed. I especially liked the one for repairing vehicles.
  • Hawxxeye
    6723 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 14
    jroggs said:
    In my opinion it's just the opposite: a boring set of pointless assignments that reflects how gunshy DICE has become about asking players to do anything even a little bit outside their extremely narrow preferences.

Every week it's 7-8 of the same 12 things: play one round of the weekly mode, shoot some people, build some fortifications, capture some objectives, damage some tanks, repair some tanks, throw some bandages or ammo, shoot some more people, done. Sometimes you can knock out the reward in under an hour, and you rarely need much more than two.

And people still complain. "How dare you make me play a round of Firestorm or use an FG-42? How can you look at yourselves in the mirror, DICE devs?"

I'd suggest they just get rid of the whole progression system entirely, but I know a lot players would stop playing the game entirely if they didn't have "things to work on."
    I will be honest and admit that I would be really displeased if there was anything requiring firestorm in there. I am doing my best to pretend that DumpsterFireStorm never existed.
    Personally I would not enjoy spending more than one evening on the weekly burst of chapter XP either. If I am in the mood of playing more BFV that week I can do it without a carrot on a stick the rest of the week.
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • talhaONE
    542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The TOW tasks do seem to swing wildy from the waaaaaaay to easy and pointless, like1 kill with the FG42 - why not make it 5 or 10? to the really frustrating and specific ones like katana kills. Though to be fair, those ones are usually optional. 

Because Fg42 is trash thats why.
  • Hawxxeye
    talhaONE said:

Because Fg42 is trash thats why.
    Sometimes I wish we could just do extra damage by throwing the weapon itself at the enemy like in Breath of the Wild.