I don't know who feels the same way, but I find it a little odd how in a game with all these classes and distinct roles seemingly all the strongest weapons and gadgets reside in one class. You would think the power would be spread out evenly right? Assault is overpowered. Give me a chance to see if I can convince you -
- First off Assault class weapons dominate close and even medium range fights, hilariously. To reinforce this first point I'll inform you that out of the 50+ guns in the other classes only 3 guns have a chance of holding their own, just 3. The BAR, Burton LMR, and Federov. If you aren't using one of those, you will get DPS'd down almost every fight and you better hope you're not in close quarters too often all game. This isn't helped by the fact that almost every map (we're talking about Conquest the main game mode here) has the majority of flags and thereby player/vehicle traffic resonate around buildings and other close quarter areas. I can't even think of more than a few maps that an Assault player would have a hard time on, Empires Edge, Giants Shadow, Rupture, and like Monte Grappa maybe? On top of all of it all the Assault weapons are easy as hell to use; Shotgun spreads are so wide you'd have to be literally facing 180 to miss, SMG recoil if it even exists on some guns takes minimal effort to control, Hellreigal lol, the average reloading time among all guns is shorter than the other classes, thereby making you safer. Not that many players are dumb enough to push as assault anyways. If it's a straight fight between just two players, it's almost to the point where the only thing that can kill an Assault player is...... another Assault player. I know the game isn't always in a vacuum but c'mon. Why do all the other classes get such bad guns compared to Assault?
- Assaults are the ONLY class that can fight or truly finish off ground vehicles. HE grenades from both the Medic and Support classes do laughable damage (like 8-13 per grenade lol) compared to AT-Grenades, AT-Rockets, AT-Mines, and Dynamite. Speaking of which, let's go into some simple reasoning why Assault gadgets are definitely overpowered and make the other classes look awful. Also forgot to mention K bullets, LUL.
1. On top of having a regular grenade of your choice. You can have not one but TWO extra grenades that have the 3 times the power and nearly 3 times the blast radius of a frag grenade. Sure you can't throw them quite as far but whatever. They do ridiculous damage to vehicles, only 4 will destroy almost anything in the game. Which is 2 players worth of AT grenades on a map of a possible 32 players.......... yep.
2. AT-Rockets are better than grenade launchers in every possible way. Projectiles shoot straight instead of being lobbed. So they are more accurate, and also explode on impact instead of a timer. So no chance of dodging damage from the enemy. AT-Rockets F***CKING 1 shot Cavalry and Elite classes. SOMEBODY want to explain to me how that is balanced in any way? Oh yea on top of all that you get 4 of the damn things, so 1 more than Support or Medic Grenades............
3. AT-Mines I don't really have anything to say about. They are good against bad tank players but honestly a waste of a slot with the other 3 gadgets being way better.
4. Dynamite is absurd. You get 3 explosives that are 3 times stronger than a frag and can be detonated whenever you want.
Because of said OP equipment Assault players get access to abilities and parts of the map that aren't possible for other classes;
- You can blast your way into locked fortified bunkers.
- You can completely demo buildings with enemy campers in them without risking anything.
- You can set traps on the map with Mines and Dynamite (better and less visible than trip wires).
I know this is supposed to be their role and all, some class has to be able to be aggro and be able to damage vehicles. It's just insane to me. You can have an Assault load-out with 6-8 explosives....... 1 Frag or light-tank grenade, 2 AT-Grenades, 4 Rockets, and or 3 Dynamite and stupidly strong and easy guns like the Automatico. Sorry for my whiny language it's just hard not to get carried away thinking about this stuff.
It just feels really boring and nearly every top fragger on every server is an Assault player or Tank/Plane user. It's such a strong and easy class that it encourages selfish players to hunt for kills instead of playing objectives and takes away from a few more. Every server just feels like half Assault monkeys and half Snipers who just hide. Feels like there is barely any teamwork.