So called balancing

BadWellzy89
26 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Why in the last stages of a game in that I'm winning on Argonne. Score 940-700 odd do I get switched teams. I was on the Germans from the very start. Up top of leaderboard (even with ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ lag for some reason) enjoying the game and BOOM!! Dice in their wisdom have some daft algarythm that switches me. Not at the beginning or middle but at the virtual end of the game. Another pad nearly got bounced off the wall from this stupidity.

Comments

• Ronin9572
    1054 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited February 21
    Yeah it's F'd, and not exact science to say the least. Been there plenty of times before. Try switching back right after it happens, sometimes you might just get lucky!
  • BadWellzy89
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yh I know right. Normally when they switch me is at the beginning of the game. After my first death. (Which I understand) I just switch straight back and think cheeky ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. But this time it proper pissed me off. Because there was no need for it right before the end of the game. Got be something do with the levels. Too many of us lvl 150 against lesser lvls. 
  • WetFishDB
    2238 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 21
    There is an auto-balance that I believe kicks in at any point if the number of players on each side is 'moderately' imbalanced - even right at the last moment (which I think is unfair really).  I can't find the release notes, but IIRC it focused on swapping players who:

- Are not in a squad
    - Have contributed the least to the win (I can't remember how this was determined, e.g. if this is objective score and/or time played etc)

I've never been swapped when I'm in a squad (also in a party normally) regardless of whether I'm top of the leaderboard or not  I've only ever been swapped at the beginning of a round if I happen to be the first death or if I've joined late just as balance is about to happen etc.  I'm not dismissing your experience, there are so many bugs that anything is possible really.