Settle an argument. Bad Company 3

KaiO7
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited February 21
What is Bad Company's identity?

A. How many of us think a Bad Company 3 HAS TO follow up the setting and story line of BC2, that Its campaign and the setting was its identity.

B. Or a Bad Company 3 doesnt necessarily mean the sequel to BC2, it could be a prequel cold war setting, gulf war, vietnam, near future or any setting with a hint of connection to the 2 campaigns or no connection. Its identity was its open world destruction and shorter/tight gameplay than the main battlefield games.

A or B
Post edited by KaiO7 on

Comments

• mesterKG
    88 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 21
    It's A for me.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What does this have to do with bfv though?
  • mesterKG
    88 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Not much, except this is the place to find a lot of the players of BC..
  • KaiO7
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mesterKG said:

Yeah, since all bf players are here.
  • ragnarok013
    3654 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    mesterKG said:

KaiO7 I've moved the post to off topic but I think this is an important question as when asked many players don't have a solid idea. To me Bad company is the single story line and that's it. Bad Company wasn't very popular back on PC because even on that platform it lacked the normal 64 player count, it only had choppers and not jets, it had much smaller maps, and the classes were bizarre compared to earlier iterations of the game where the medic had an LMG and assault gave out ammo. Rush debuted under BC1 (which was not available on PC) under the name "Gold Rush".  I have a feeling that without a clear understanding of what makes a Bad Company that most people will just say "Hey that's just Battlefield 6" if a BC3 is ever made.

• MarauderFox
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Option A, you can't have BC without the single player characters and the unique elements BC brought to the franchise.
    It doesn't have to follow the story (but it should) but it has to maintain the narrative tone, NPC personalities and fundamental design
    I support a 16v16 BC3 focusing on infantry as BC and 2 despite BF3, 4, 1 and V being combined arms 32v32