The Chat filter is out of control

Comments

• JCap334
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Blackidus said:
    I don´t really use profanity when I type but when I can´t type "Tea bag" in the chat i´m mad.
    Whats wrong with a tea bag? I drink tea all the time while playing.
    That's exactly my point. Most of this sentence would be censored: "I used my vacuum cleaner to suck up the tea bag and poop on the floor"
  • DocCuda418
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Discord with your mates, chat off. Setup Discord to mute when you press Alt for in game VOIP. Leave annoying squads. 
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    JCap334 said:
    Blackidus said:
    I don´t really use profanity when I type but when I can´t type "Tea bag" in the chat i´m mad.
    That's exactly my point. Most of this sentence would be censored: "I used my vacuum cleaner to suck up the tea bag and poop on the floor"
    "I put a mine on the stairs," gets filtered.

• LOLGotYerTags
    14177 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    JCap334 said:
    Blackidus said:

Regex filter is used in bfv i think,   it would explain random non offensive words or a string of specific words triggering it
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    JCap334 said:
    Blackidus said:

Regex filter is used in bfv i think,   it would explain random non offensive words or a string of specific words triggering it
    In this case, I'm pretty sure it is trying to filter, "¯\_(ツ)_/¯," a profanity term in Spanish.
  • WebsterHyperion
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 20
    The words sniper and but is censored.......
    Post edited by WebsterHyperion on
  • VOLBANKER
    1705 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The word “mate” is censored after the latest update.
    So you can’t say: What’s up mate.
  • SirBobdk
    5223 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 20
    VOLBANKER said:
    What's up m8  :smile:
  • VOLBANKER
    1705 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    EA/DICE wants a profanity filter, fair enough. But then stick to filtering offensive words. Getting stars when typing “but”, “sniper”, “mate” and other ordinary words is taking censorship too far IMO.

(but is probably censored to prevent ppl from typing butt, and mate has a double meaning. But still)
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    EA/DICE wants a profanity filter, fair enough. But then stick to filtering offensive words. Getting stars when typing “but”, “sniper”, “mate” and other ordinary words is taking censorship too far IMO.

(but is probably censored to prevent ppl from typing butt, and mate has a double meaning. But still)
    At this point they should just completely remove chat from the game. Because filteting every third word is dumb and makes people question the sanity of those who's in charge of this filter.
  • NuttysKunKs
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    At this point they should just completely remove chat from the game. Because filteting every third word is dumb and makes people question the sanity of those who's in charge of this filter.

Can’t even type Jig. When there is Jig squad.

It’s mental
  • OskooI_007
    1273 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AI is in charge of the chat filter. We're being ruled by Skynet.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    AI is in charge of the chat filter. We're being ruled by Skynet.
    I doubt it's completely controlled by AI. Someone is putting the key words for AI to follow and that person isn't smart at all.
  • GrizzGolf
    1376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Chat is 90% hes cheating on PC
  • VOLBANKER
    @PartWelsh replied to a threat on Reddit about this. He says they changed the filtering code this last update but that they never meant for ordinary words such as do, but, mean etc. to get filtered. He will talk to the devs about it.
  • Hawxxeye
    7478 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 21
    "shine" is also filtered cause apparently it the same as "go die" in Japanese if one uses latin letters...
    The chat filter needs to be binned to the thrash. People can still swear just fine by misspelling on purpose anyway.
    Meanwhile the most disrespectful thing one can say after winning a round is not filtered anyway.
    I have no use for  such a filter.
    PS:

VOLBANKER said:
    Let me guess, it is because the filter associates it with mating
  • xxxThug1xxx
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I cant even type in the chat, my name is offensive to the chat filter now.

• iigloo
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't use the chat anymore, sadly. People are so rude and spend more time to mock people in the chat instead of playing.
  • SirBobdk
    5223 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    iigloo wrote: »
    I don't use the chat anymore, sadly. People are so rude and spend more time to mock people in the chat instead of playing.

Agree. Its rare you see any being friendly
  • Hawxxeye
    7478 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    iigloo wrote: »

Agree. Its rare you see any being friendly

I still cannot turn it off cause I would miss the few times someone has something important to say