The Chat filter is out of control

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    7511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)

So we can expect a future where people will not be able to taunt others with "ez" at the end of the round?That would be appreciated..In these games it is not an f word or another cuss word that will get people the most riled up but things that question or belittle their skill and efforts

Hmm unsure... I see people declaring ez and they lost the round lok
    They usually do that to humiliate their own teammates and claim that their team was really bad and didn't resist at all.
    Or they're just that thick they see others saying it and also say it. 
    There was that guy a new weeks ago who thought it was as a casual and polite thing to say as gg
  • iQuercus
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Appreciate the constructive feedback dropped here and there in this thread.

Reality is - this is a learning filter that is being rolled out through more EA titles. 

-Braddock512

If it's the same kind of learning filter that FairFight is supposed to use I can see where it goes wrong.
    Statistics aren't everything. And at this point, machine learning is mostly about statistics and patterns. (for example a day 1 cheater going 100-0 every match is considered normal since he doesn't deviate from his pattern)

I do wonder what kind of checks are in place for the chat filter though.
    I mean "Sniper" is not an offensive word. No matter how you turn it. So what makes the chat filter pick it up as offensive in the first place?

• xxxThug1xxx
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @EA_Tom @Braddock512 why has the chat filter starter blocking people from using chat with a gamertag that has been in use sing BF1942 ? My gamertag -1xThugx1- does not let me use in game chat.
  • Netranger9
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lOL,IT WONT EVEN LET ME SAY gg ALL WP
  • Hawxxeye
    7511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)

So we can expect a future where people will not be able to taunt others with "ez" at the end of the round?That would be appreciated..In these games it is not an f word or another cuss word that will get people the most riled up but things that question or belittle their skill and efforts

Hmm unsure... I see people declaring ez and they lost the round lok
    They usually do that to humiliate their own teammates and claim that their team was really bad and didn't resist at all.
    Or they're just that thick they see others saying it and also say it. 
    There was that guy a new weeks ago who thought it was as a casual and polite thing to say as gg
    Think your avatar sums it up  :D
    This is the reason behind the avatar afterall. I feel that I am constantly facepalming at things related to BFV

• Foxassassin
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So. From the looks of it, we're just going to be SoL until the next patch shows up? And thats if the filter is even fixed?
  • xxxThug1xxx
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    And they got a broken chat filter working before they even worried about and anticheat software to work for the game. Got to love their hard work.
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    307 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, it should be optional, automatically activated. And anyway like mentioned, some basic non swore words cannot be even written and i'm sorry, also when chatting in other languages, filter goes insane. I can do 4 languages and only i see is *********. Swearing and anger... Forced to be polite is also not option imo, in some case might be even worse to hold that anger. And voice chat has no filter so...
  • EA_Tom
    124 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    Hey all,

Thanks for your constructive feedback so far. 

We've already fixed some of the words that you've told us about; e.g. sniper. Please keep your feedback coming as it's proven extremely helpful so we can make adjustments to the filter where necessary.

Thank you,

-Tom
  • Foxassassin
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA_Tom said:
    Hey all,

We've already fixed some of the words that you've told us about; e.g. sniper. Please keep your feedback coming as it's proven extremely helpful so we can make adjustments to the filter where necessary.

Thank you,

-Tom

Unless there was another change after the 29th. I'm still completely unable to type in chat.
  • JCap334
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wow, I'm amazed at the amount of attention this thread has received since it has been revived. I'm glad that it is being noticed now. The chat filter is worse than it has ever been. I understand the need for it, however, it's no longer functioning as a profanity filter. It is literally censorship for political correctness. It's also filtering words that you'd hear in a Disney rated G movie, such as "stupid" or "idiot". The game is rated M for mature, so I think the audience should be treated as such.

We should also have an option to disable this filter. Some of us know how to hang in the locker room lol
  • Foxassassin
    EA_Tom said:
    Hey all,

Thank you,

-Tom

So. With the advent of the 7.0 patch notes. Is anything going to be done about the filter by then? Or does this not wraped in major updates. Not being able to communicate at -all- is not exactly an exciting reason to come back to the game...
  • WebsterHyperion
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    JCap334 said:
    Wow, I'm amazed at the amount of attention this thread has received since it has been revived. I'm glad that it is being noticed now. The chat filter is worse than it has ever been. I understand the need for it, however, it's no longer functioning as a profanity filter. It is literally censorship for political correctness. It's also filtering words that you'd hear in a Disney rated G movie, such as "stupid" or "idiot". The game is rated M for mature, so I think the audience should be treated as such.

We should also have an option to disable this filter. Some of us know how to hang in the locker room lol
    I revived it, instead of creating another thread about the issue I used the search function.
  • VOLBANKER
    1710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    JCap334 said:
    The chat filter is worse than it has ever been.
    No, it’s not. As Tom said above, they are correcting the chat filter based on our feedback. I have personally noticed they fixed it so the word mate is no longer censored for example.
  • WebsterHyperion
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    JCap334 said:

I revived it, instead of creating another thread about the issue I used the search function.

Lucky you didn't get witchhunted for "necroing". Because people hate using pre-existing forum threads talking about the same issues which haven't changed
    The thread was 2 months old, I think they only get mad when if it's 6 months but I'm unsure. 

• JCap334
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    JCap334 said:
    The chat filter is worse than it has ever been.
    No, it’s not. As Tom said above, they are correcting the chat filter based on our feedback. I have personally noticed they fixed it so the word mate is no longer censored for example.
    We'll see I guess. I was playing the other day and the word "hell" got censored. I mean come on. Are we in preschool or something?
  • SgtStav
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Akward, i live in hell.
    (no bs)
  • Pimp_SWE
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    pls uncensor my gaming nick used since bf1942