What do you want the next BF to be?

CT1924
1309 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I think Star Wars could be neat, but, well, grittier than usual. And rather cool change of pace.

Comments

• CT1924
    1309 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Also could have more development resources.
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Don't take this the wrong way buddy, this is just how I feel. I'm personally sick of star wars period. The whole thing. I had zero interest in those battlefront games or those turds they released on film, in fact I blame them for a lot of the problems we have now in this so called BF. Not just the games, but the whole notion of pumping out crap that debases something once awesome for bucks. Total sellouts.  

I'm hoping for a BF game like 2142, so they can make a game how ever they like. Make it balanced without any worry about it representing real life or whatever their excuses at present. I want a fun game above all else. Even better one free from all this micro transaction BS with a clear focus on creating a quality product that will attract people because of that very fact, not because there is no real competition. A good anti cheat and attention to dealing with bugs. I'd like rented servers back so we can enjoy the maps and modes we like and list our favourite ones so we can play them 24/7. I want an engineer class back. I want to remove/seriously reduce most of the stuff they did to vehicles since bf1, go with a Bf3 blueprint instead.

If they put the work in, I'd pay three times the cost of what they wanted for bfv on launch. Might even buy a new rig for it.        
  • Vespervin
    1368 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 23
    Battlefield: Korea
    We have not had a Korean War Battlefield game yet. We've had pretty much everything else so it's time for something new. And not just new to Battlefield, but new to video-games in general. I have never played a game set during this period before.
    Then the game after that should be Vietnam again. A game set in the wet jungles of Vietnam with the then current graphics would be awesome.
  • M_Rat13
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If BFV went back to BF1942, I want BF6 to go 'back to' BF2142. I know people want a BF4 reskin, but modern warfare is sort of boring. It CAN work, but there's so many other war periods I'd rather be in.
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1743 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 23
    A new engine / reboot of the franchise at this point.
  • Dakkadocious
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just take me back to modern times. I miss my m240b with actual suppression and all kinds of explosive, laser-guided fun stuff to put the fear of God back into these pilot f-bois.
  • BlazrOne
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF 2143
  • CSO7777
    1791 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 23
    M_Rat13 said:
    If BFV went back to BF1942, I want BF6 to go 'back to' BF2142. I know people want a BF4 reskin, but modern warfare is sort of boring. It CAN work, but there's so many other war periods I'd rather be in.
    I would like a modern BF for the next title. BFV has a lot of problems, but still has made good progression in many areas, compared to BF4 (which is still a better game though).

BF4 has totally overpowered vehicles (10 times worse than BFV) and excessive spotting, make a new title without these issues and it could be really fun.

And remove rockets/arty this makes the game awful and introduces a lot of balance-issues in many game-modes, we don't need these 'kill-streak-mechanics' from COD in BF.

On the other hand, I could live with a sci-fi version of BF, but without the Star Wars theme. Battlefront is not BF.
  • talhaONE
    969 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really couldnt care when or where. All I want is a balanced gameplay with all guns are viable. Im seriously tired from Stg44 and Type 2A spam.
  • Noodlesocks
    3607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Modern era under a different developer but more than just USA vs the commies.

Some themed games would be cool too like Star Wars without all the hero junk of Battlefront. A Command and Conquer FPS/RTS hybrid would be cool too.
  • VOLBANKER
    1712 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I want the next Battlefield to be fun :smile:
  • M_Rat13
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 said:
    M_Rat13 said:
    I would like a modern BF for the next title. BFV has a lot of problems, but still has made good progression in many areas, compared to BF4 (which is still a better game though).

BF4 has totally overpowered vehicles (10 times worse than BFV) and excessive spotting, make a new title without these issues and it could be really fun.

And remove rockets/arty this makes the game awful and introduces a lot of balance-issues in many game-modes, we don't need these 'kill-streak-mechanics' from COD in BF.

On the other hand, I could live with a sci-fi version of BF, but without the Star Wars theme. Battlefront is not BF.

You do realize modern setting means more rockets, right? At least in a futuristic setting, countermeasures would exist against rockets. And yes, I know one existed in BF4, but who really used it? In the future, countermeasures would be much more useful.
  • CT1924
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    Don't take this the wrong way buddy, this is just how I feel. I'm personally sick of star wars period. The whole thing. I had zero interest in those battlefront games or those turds they released on film, in fact I blame them for a lot of the problems we have now in this so called BF. Not just the games, but the whole notion of pumping out crap that debases something once awesome for bucks. Total sellouts.  

I'm hoping for a BF game like 2142, so they can make a game how ever they like. Make it balanced without any worry about it representing real life or whatever their excuses at present. I want a fun game above all else. Even better one free from all this micro transaction BS with a clear focus on creating a quality product that will attract people because of that very fact, not because there is no real competition. A good anti cheat and attention to dealing with bugs. I'd like rented servers back so we can enjoy the maps and modes we like and list our favourite ones so we can play them 24/7. I want an engineer class back. I want to remove/seriously reduce most of the stuff they did to vehicles since bf1, go with a Bf3 blueprint instead.

If they put the work in, I'd pay three times the cost of what they wanted for bfv on launch. Might even buy a new rig for it.        

I honestly just want something futuristic, but doubt we will have the resources. But yeah, I agree with ya on a bit.
  • Killerplautze5XL
    166 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, the most important thing for me is simply the fun factor which unfortunately is quite low in Battlefield 5 compared to previous titles. Moreover I hope that they will drop the "hardcore light" approach again, especially attrition has been a bad thing in my opinion since it encourages players to play very passively. In terms of spotting, I hope they will return to a system like in previous games where you could spot enemies actively, the current solution does not feel right in my opinion. On top of that I would of course wish for an effective anti-cheat and some working game balancing.

Since I mainly play as a scout I would like to see a return of the aggressive bolt-action rifle play-style where you could at least stand a chance against other types of weapons. In Battlefield 5 bolt-action rifles are quite unattractive to use since you could play way more effective with almost every other type of gun, especially if you want to play the role agressively. I mean is of course realistic that a bolt-action rifle is more of a long-range option, but playing that passively in order to play out the weapon's stregths is simply not fun. I would rather quit on a lot of the realism (which is not there anyways) in order to have a fun experience. 

In terms of movement I would like to see the Battlefield 1 movement returning. It was slower but in my opinion way better, it felt like things had weight. Moreover character movement was more predictable whereas in Battlefield 5 soldiers can instantly change directions at full speed which is impossible to predict. Also you see many players spamming ADAD or just bunny-hopping which in my opinion is not a good thing. 

There are way more things I would wish for, however those were those coming to my mind spontaneously. I definitely do not want to see another title like Battlefield 5, that is for sure. 

• Noodlesocks
    3607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 said:
    CSO7777 said:
    M_Rat13 said:

You do realize modern setting means more rockets, right? At least in a futuristic setting, countermeasures would exist against rockets. And yes, I know one existed in BF4, but who really used it? In the future, countermeasures would be much more useful.

Pretty sure he means the point and click call ins. I agree with him. Everything like that should be the result of players actions. No automated or 'on rails' stuff.
  • M_Rat13
    M_Rat13 said:
    CSO7777 said:
    M_Rat13 said:

Pretty sure he means the point and click call ins. I agree with him. Everything like that should be the result of players actions. No automated or 'on rails' stuff.

Oh, the squad call ins? Kind of like them, actually. It promotes squad team work to get them. About the only thing that promotes team work in this game, lol....
  • WetFishDB
    2324 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CT1924 said:
    I think Star Wars could be neat, but, well, grittier than usual. And rather cool change of pace.
    Dice already make a FPS Star Wars game, it's called Star Wars Battlefront.  And from what I understand it's had some good investment and is an enjoyable game (although I haven't played since the beta).

What I want from the next BF game is for them to focus on making the game fun.  Cut out the boring, monotonous stuff - the cheap deaths, and the gimmicks.  If they got that right, I wouldn't care what setting the game was... but if I had a preference I would say something set nearer to present day would be a welcome change. 

• MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Without cheating. But not gonna happen, as long they make money on cheats.
  • OskooI_007
    1292 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 24
    I'd like the next Battlefield to have:

- Weight added to player movement
    - Enter/exit animations for vehicles removed
    - Better visibility (Bigger player models, no temporal anti-aliasing, scale everything bigger)
    - Better positional audio
    - Netcode fixes for bundled bullet damage. Also known as "Super Bullets".