What do you want the next BF to be?

Comments

• 4evaBattlefield2
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Cold War or BF2 remake

• HANSGRUBER30
    3065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Me and my clan have been playing BF4 and BF1 a lot more and having fun so I don’t mind where they set the next one. Only thing I want is a game that doesn’t make me want to throw my Xbox out the window.
  • Art3misJinx
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Any historic event. I've never much been into modern or futuristic shooters.
  • normzzzzzy
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’m seriously down for Vietnam. Or.... (pi**ing in the wind for suggesting this) the bad company series remastered.

However... if it feels or plays anything like BFV then I’m not interested
  • Jagick
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I want them to go back to their roots. BIG maps, vehicles spawn on the maps, mod support, more than four cookie-cutter classes etc. I don't care where / when the game it set I just want them to stop down-scaling and removing features from older games. If I wanted to play Call of Duty, I'd play that. Give me back my big combined-arms teamwork oriented FPS that we had in 1942, Vietnam, 2, 2142, and 3.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

What do you want the next BF to be?

Fun, not frustrating.  
  • gantinxxx
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Something with a better anticheat on pc. If it won't have that, I'm not buying.
  • Vespervin
    1368 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Whatever it is, I hope the building mechanic returns. I love building trenches, sandbags, weapons, etc. I build fortifications and then look at them the same way a man looks at his lawn after mowing it. Also, hopefully the main Support class weapons don't require a deployed bi-pod to aim. That is really annoying.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4745 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Go back to basics. No gimmicky animations. No super soldiers running about all over the place. Balanced weapons for all kits. Better infantry/vehicle balance than the last two BF games. Maps designed to work well for specific gamemodes rather than maps designed to look nice with no thought about how they would play out.
  • Lotusninja_Akira
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield Heroes 2 [Entirely fictional and cartoonish gameplay and story, three faction mayhem gamemodes, special abilities and characteristics on classes etc.]

or

Battlefield 2143 [Continuing story of 2142, bodyarmor and weight system introduced, versatile vertical-horizontal movement system with vehicles, launch pods, grappling hooks, ziplines, jet packs and drones, fuel and energy system introduced, Commander and home base utilies and supplies reintroduced]
  • Turbo_Nozomix
    405 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited April 19
    The sequel to Battlefield 2 that has been keenly awaited for over a decade. Pillars of that game should include:

Physical team bases
    No mid-air aircraft spawning
    No 3D spotting or make it a server-side option
    No arcadey gimmicks or power-ups
    A well-developed Commander mode, and proper squad-leader controls
    A server-admin option for limited sprint stamina, and squad-leader-only spawning
    Vehicles that are effective and also are challenging to use and to defeat when they're used well
    Lots of varied maps that are rich with conceptual detail
    No overly symmetrical arena-style mapping and flag placements, and rather a de-emphasis on such
    A variety of map styles, including maps without any uncappable bases and asymmetrical objectives and tickets / ticket-count speed
  • mojoeuk
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The old faithful Batllefield series no firestorm! Only want large maps guns customisation 5 in a squad or even 6 but let wait a modern day or remaster of BF3
  • CrazyGI1998
    284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I want it to be Vietnam. It’s a perfect compromise for people who want a historical and modern setting. That, and I miss hearing people blast ‘60s tunes from their tanks and choppers.
  • Tostone
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The biggest problem with the most recent games is the limiting of the Sandbox feeling. At first it started with limiting the destruction seen in Bad Company 2 due to concerns of map-leveling(which didn’t even happen enough to be so concerned about, and when it did it was awesome). Then they went and added tailored vehicle soldier classes in BF1/5 which prevented vehicle waste BUT also decreased those “ONLY IN BATTLEFIELD” moments. It’s great to be able to nab a helicopter without consequence to your class and rain hell fire then jump out when you deem fit and shoot an RPG at a jet or lay some C4 on a tank while in parachute. Before you had a CHOICE to PTFO or Sandbox or a bit of both. But recently it’s felt like you’ve been forcing PTFO down our throats in a very rigid way. I miss the freedom of the old battlefields. I want to see freedom in Battlefield 2021. It’s what made Bad company 2 great. Freedom.
  • Tostone
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The biggest problem with the most recent games is the limiting of the Sandbox feeling. At first it started with limiting the destruction seen in Bad Company 2 due to concerns of map-leveling(which didn’t even happen enough to be so concerned about, and when it did it was awesome). Then they went and added tailored vehicle soldier classes in BF1/5 which prevented vehicle waste BUT also decreased those “ONLY IN BATTLEFIELD” moments. It’s great to be able to nab a helicopter without consequence to your class and rain hell fire then jump out when you deem fit and shoot an RPG at a jet or lay some C4 on a tank while in parachute. Before you had a CHOICE to PTFO or Sandbox or a bit of both. But recently it’s felt like you’ve been forcing PTFO down our throats in a very rigid way. I miss the freedom of the old battlefields. I want to see freedom in Battlefield 2021. It’s what made Bad company 2 great. Freedom.
  • UltraMG42CamPeR
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF3 remastered
  • BARAN_OBAMA14
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited May 6
    BF5 should be a sequel to BF3 and 4 with many map remasters from previose games. It should be a WW between US&EU vs Russia  & China. We should see maps return even from BC2 in South America and BF H in the US, so the war this time is not only in Europe, Russia and China but also the US.
    Me loving the old maps from BF3 and also BF4 we still need new one so why not add a Map set in Berlin, London , New York, Moscow or Tokyo.
    The should reuse all weapons from BF3 and 4 but also some from BF H and BC 2 like the Classic Gangster weapons AKM, Scorpion, UZi and XM8.
    Another Idea would be for BF 2023 a Cold War Gone Hot set in the late 80s with  Maps  on Kuba, West,Middle and Easteurope with most Classic Weapons returning like the As Val, Fa Mas, G3A3 or M16.
    The last game i want in 2025 a good WW2 BF as a sequel to BF1942 and 43, called BF1944 (like BF V should have named). This should reuse most of the BF V Weapons and Maps and add Maps in Europe were the war took place. Normandy , Austria and Italy on the Westfront and Berling, Warsaw, Jugoslavia, Odessa, Kursk, Moscow and Stalingrad on the Eastfront. New factions should the The USSR and smaller once like Free France, Italian Kingdom or Finnland and Jugoslavia. What i also want if they cant do good Lifeservice just bring back Premium.
  • BARAN_OBAMA14
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    BF3 remastered
    I want that too just add some more camos and weapons from other BF games that are not newer then 2011. They should also remove the 3variants of pistols and just add secundary customazation. If you love the MG42 they should also give us a MG3 which is the modern version from the 50s or 60s.
  • normzzzzzy
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF3 remastered

Yeah I’ll be down for that
  • DevilsBathtub
    853 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Back to modern warfare setting. BF1 and V were a nice wee change but BF has always been at it's best with a modern setting.

80s cold war gone hot would be cool too though.