Left BF5 to go back to BF1

2»

Comments

• urban2544
    364 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No one cares....bYE
  • ddarn37
    117 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Did you really have to post then? If you don't care about it or are not interested in it, don't post.
  • firemsn
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, I feel ya man.  The horrible weapons imbalance, constant one side faceraping goatscrew of a server balance system, broken level rewards and broken items have made me decide that deleting BFV is the best option.  It freed up wasted space on my HD anyway.  I just wish I could get a refund on my DL.  At least I didnt waste any money on stupid microtransactions.  lol
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1908 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How is the current playerbase of BF4 on PS4?
    I am currently re-downloading the game from the library in order to get my cravings for RUSH satisfied...
    Anyone knows if there are any active servers atm?
    If not rush I´ll take the 24/7 Locker 400% ticket count...
  • DigitalClarity10
    27 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just bought BF 1 cheap. Reviews were better than BF 5. Going to give it a try.
  • DigitalClarity10
    firemsn said:
    Yeah, I feel ya man.  The horrible weapons imbalance, constant one side faceraping goatscrew of a server balance system, broken level rewards and broken items have made me decide that deleting BFV is the best option.  It freed up wasted space on my HD anyway.  I just wish I could get a refund on my DL.  At least I didnt waste any money on stupid microtransactions.  lol

So you're deleting BF 5 to free up hard drive space? Then you are on the path to being truly enlightened.
  • LeesSummit09
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    First, I don’t think BFV is a bad as many say. I find servers by ping and game plays fine. Funny how BF1 is now gold standard to many. I enjoyed it, but I adjust to the game style. BF1 was hated at beginning, no one wanted WW1. Add the camping artillery trucks, spamming gas nades, elites, behemoths (why does bad team get all theses chances), Why are the horses stronger than a tank . I could go on and on, but complaints were widespread. The one thing I do think about BF1 is, it had more BF moments. Especially, wtf moments where all hell breaks loose. Players battling and things blowing up all around you, whether it was behemoths (which I enjoyed) getting destroyed or whatever. BFV doesn’t have enough of those big moments.
  • LeesSummit09
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Guess what I am trying to say is, there is more chaos in BF1, so, even with its faults (and there are many) , it adds another level that is not in BFV.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1908 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How is the current playerbase of BF4 on PS4?
    I am currently re-downloading the game from the library in order to get my cravings for RUSH satisfied...
    Anyone knows if there are any active servers atm?
    If not rush I´ll take the 24/7 Locker 400% ticket count...
    Had a couple of hours on BF4 yesterday... Was surprised there were maybe 20-25 active servers running various gamemodes (even Gunmaster) - Had a bit of a hard time adjusting but ended the evening with a 60kill game on Lockers... (on a 200% ticket-server).
    But... must also admit had a few rage-moments but it seems like that is just a part of the Battlefeel-experience... 
  • Forkbeard84
    1848 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    First, I don’t think BFV is a bad as many say. I find servers by ping and game plays fine. Funny how BF1 is now gold standard to many. I enjoyed it, but I adjust to the game style. BF1 was hated at beginning, no one wanted WW1. Add the camping artillery trucks, spamming gas nades, elites, behemoths (why does bad team get all theses chances), Why are the horses stronger than a tank . I could go on and on, but complaints were widespread. The one thing I do think about BF1 is, it had more BF moments. Especially, wtf moments where all hell breaks loose. Players battling and things blowing up all around you, whether it was behemoths (which I enjoyed) getting destroyed or whatever. BFV doesn’t have enough of those big moments.

Haha like being involved in a hard fight and having a burning airship fall on you! I love BF1 for that kind of spectacle.

Horses really are op these days with auto heal on the fly and endless grenades. I love it! Not sure how they would be stronger than a tank? One direct hit with a tank cannon will take them out.
  • Cr4zyR3dFr0g
    238 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I left BF ages ago, downloaded today to try and play and first game is on shizerstorm. Now I've always hated that hill humping tank ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ show of a map anyways but my god. I am now leaving BF again it's the same horrible boring game it has been since launch
  • LeesSummit09
    By the way, team. balancing in BF1 no better than BFV. Just played game, Argonne Forest, 10 players well over 100 on one team, other team had 2. I know, not always indicator of good players, but in this case they steamrolled. Add the team jumping and forced team switching and it was, still is, a mess.
  • LeesSummit09
    Another by the way. Next game, FAO Fortress, our team 29 players, 17 sniping. Quick guess on outcome, maybe the quickest loss I ever played on any BF. Sometimes the good old days aren’t all that perfect.
  • Forkbeard84
    1848 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Balance is terrible in both games. But ar least you can still switch teams in BF1. I like having the option.
  • BodyBag
    32 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree with op, many times I get killed while being behind direct cover, also battlefield doesn't really care about their community, you can see just by the way their only responses on this forum are to close threads and give warnings. Assignments are horrible, how are you meant to headshot 5 ppl in one life over 50 metres with assault rifles or lmgs, ridiculous and insanely hard. No wonder you're community is pissed off with you guys.
  • Borg_QC
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The worst things of BFV, bad servers, abusive and easily headshots (Worse than Battlefield Hardline, 0 skill needed), broken netcode, WW2 immersion = 0+0. 
  • Borg_QC
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 23
    BFV = Star Wars Battlefront WW2    :tired_face:
  • DigitalClarity10

If BF 1 is chaos with explosions and gas everywhere, I think it's my cup of tea. Ever since the Killzone 2 server was shut down, I've been trying to find an FPS with some kind of soul close to KZ 2. I thought it would be BF 5. But I don't like the pace of BF 5 and there's too much wasted space. BF 1 is World War I, and I agree no one is fond of that time period. But it's not really the time period that matters, but the things that make a game fun. For example, I like Star Wars BF 2015 more than SW BF II  because you could customize your solider and choose any weapon you wanted. You could also purchase contracts for new weapons and abilities similar to BF 1. SW BF to streamlined the classes. Weapons and abilities were limited to classes and heroes dominated the game.
  • DigitalClarity10
    I also liked the nitty gritty and darker theme of Killzone 2 which seems to be there in BF 1. BF V is too vibrant. Some noob dev at EA didn't realize people enjoyed that and decided to change something again.
  • Aldor27
    117 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bopper7629 wrote: »
    I really can't believe i am saying this but, i left bf5 to go back to bf1....I hated bf1, but at least i can see where i am getting shot from and I don't die in 3 hits from a SMG...Dice you really messed up BF5, but i am glad to say that i deleted it off of my hard drive, so now i have about 100GB free to download better games and put bf1 back on...I had it last night with BF5 when I hit someone with a LMG 5 times and they still killed me with a SMG as they were running up on me, after i hit them 5 times!!! WTF DICE, That is just pure crap, a smg fires handgun bullets, while a lmg uses a long gun bullet...WTH were you thinking? You nerfed LMG & MMG because people were seriously dominating with those classes...Thats what happens when you run up to LMG or MMG, you die, not get killed by a smg...Also, i won't pre order the next bf that does come out due to all of this crap that was totally messed up!!! Weapons balancing, really? I will not spend $60 or more dollars on a game from a company that totally disregards their customer fan base, sorry....I am done with BF5 and I am going to wait about a month before i purchase the new bf that comes out in 2022...

Maybe you should look your ps4 and TV. I play ps4 pro and I have LG O-led TV and no problems.