Make Firestorm free to play to bring players?

Menphuesss
0 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Hi Team,

Just super quick really, why not make firestorm free to play and maybe that might help bring players in and see how fun the game is?

It's hard to game matches in firestorm due to the low players in there.

Comments

• mesterKG
    92 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think this would be a great idea. Also it's in this alternate reality setting that a lot of the weird cosmetics can shine. Free to play and pay to look cool or weird. Would be awesome!
  • CosmicStriker
    763 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    battlefield has had a free to play game before.
    they should pull firestorm out of the base game, and make it a standalone free to play , i bet it would be more popular than pubg.
    "Battlefield HeroesBattlefield Play4Free"
  • ZhongChuDaShi
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i like this mode very much。 free is the only way save this game。 but not standalone。 just only this mode ,it can bring more players by click not free traditional mode button。
  • Ceph777
    253 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Firestorm will be totally dead come Tuesday or whenver they plan to release warzone for COD:MW.

Maybe this EA's plan/wish.
  • ShevermiN
    397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    battlefield has had a free to play game before.
    they should pull firestorm out of the base game, and make it a standalone free to play , i bet it would be more popular than pubg.
    "Battlefield HeroesBattlefield Play4Free"
    PUBG which is still $29.95  and was never free.   Look origin access basic gives you BFV and that's how EA wants it. Subscription is the future so get over it the game will never be free to play. 
    And do you think you will be able to keep up with Warzone without paying for season passes your fooling yourself, game is going to pay to win 100%

• smiggyg
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've played Warzone for about 3-4 hrs now and they've got  a lot of cool new dynamics I really like. I just really dislike the player movement.  Feels slow and clunky compared to BFV and Firestorm. It's just such a shame they wasted the time, money, and hard work on Firestorm just to let it rot. So much wasted potential! Not only that but it's such a failure we'll probably never see a 2nd attempt from EA/DICE with a Frostbite BR game. At this point they'll never make it free to play. Cross-play would be another way to help. That said I would guess making it free 2 play or cross-play isn't just flipping a switch. They would have to monetize it some way. So they'd have to have battle passes, events, cosmetics, etc. With all the problems that still persists in the main game they'll never waste the resources and do that now. Criterion moved on and DICE/ LA is gone. I'd love for them to prove me wrong and salvage something out of it.

It's obvious not being free-to-play was and is a huge mistake. The other thing EA and DICE should have seen coming is they had to know Firestorm was never going to be accepted by the hardcore community. They dumped on Hardline because it deviated from what "Battlefield is supposed to be." Not looking at it as spin off or just something different with the Battlefield formula. Oh well what do I know. I'm obviously in the minority because both Hardline and Firestorm flopped.