Modern Warfare's free Battle royale drops tonight....EA missed the boat with Firestorm!

TheMossChoppers
28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Anybody else gonna give it a go?....it's got crossplay too!

Comments

• A_al_K_pacino_A
    867 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agree it was a mistake with Firestorm but I'm another one that really isn't interested in Battle Royale.

This free mode will sell games. I'm sure there will be plenty of in-game advertising, you will already have downloaded the full product, all you need to do is like it.
  • NLBartmaN
    4337 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I am going to give it a try.

I really liked FS before all the bugs and high pingers joined that mode.
    That last part I think was caused by too few players and putting everyone together.
    Making FS free could have fixed that.

I also liked the CoD Beta crossplay, so I am curious what 150 players in one game is like.
  • RayD_O1
    1126 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    Nope. Never going to play BR
    Me neither :)
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    534 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nah I really dont enjoy battle royale games.
  • TheMossChoppers
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    I am going to give it a try.

I really liked FS before all the bugs and high pingers joined that mode.
    That last part I think was caused by too few players and putting everyone together.
    Making FS free could have fixed that.

I also liked the CoD Beta crossplay, so I am curious what 150 players in one game is like.

Same here mate...I'll download at 7pm and maybe have a quick burn on it...got a couple of mates on xbone so will be nice to play against them with the crossplayfeature.I love Battlefield but nice to have a bit of variety.....it's the spice of life!

• normzzzzzy
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Who careeees? If you want to play BR go and try Apex. It's fun and free.
    I'm here to play battlefield and had 0 desire to try memestorm. It failed not because of it's questionable flaws but because community showed no interest to play something that was so agressively pushed down our thoats.
    Let this abomination finally die and be forgotten.

This.

It’s like how rest of the game feels really. Gimmicky and tacked on. (I understand people enjoy this game and I won’t take that away from anyone)

I gave BFV benefit of the doubt for over a year now and this game just literally feels like a mish mash of different ideas and concepts to try and make sales.
  • dayglowfroggy
    622 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I will be playing it because so many people I play with will be, but I don't really like br games good that it's free to play ea will get to see what firestorm could have been.
    It was thanks to 5.2 that I play cod and lots of other players I know.
  • dariarty
    100 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I detest BR's but I thought Firestorm was very well done. 

It's CoD so I'd rather tie my tongue to a car exhaust and be driven naked across a field of broken glass. 

But Dice missed a trick, whether you like it or not BR is huge. This was all extra players and their lovely money that could have been funnelled into V, paying for the resources to give us maybe an another Assault gadget and at least 3 more different TTK's.

How do you own goal a BR?

It does show just how bad the management level is at EA/Dice
  • NLBartmaN
    4337 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    After some BF V rounds with multiple players with ping above 100ms and 2 even above 200ms ping, I was so pleased to just read CoD Warzone has ping based matchmaking  :)
    That was already perfect in the CoD Beta and I have no doubt it will be great in Warzone.

It is something EVERY online shooter game should have.
  • LeesSummit09
    472 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The number of times I die, I would be spending my whole night in loading screens. No thanks.
  • xKusagamix
    1106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Firestorm would be more successful if DICE announce it after a year of BFV official launch.

But BR was never my cup of tea.
  • jroggs
    1155 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The demand for a BR with Battlefield flavor was always there and even remains to this day. Firestorm failed not because the community didn't want it but because it was half-baked, deeply flawed, and undersupported on baffling levels.

Apex survived its early shortcomings and continues to thrive because Respawn innovated, adapted, and actually gave a damn. Warzone will be a success because IW took lessons from Blackout and other work in the genre and actually gave a damn. Firestorm flopped against the will of the community because DICE and EA took the wrong lessons and didn't give even the smallest damn about Criterion's hard (though imagination-lacking) work.

When DICE recovers from this creative dysentery they have, I hope they make a proper BR(-like) that's worth our time. But for now I guess they're still busy doing things like buffing fighter planes so they can one-shot three tanks at a time.
  • Tosasan_HUN
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    yesterday night i try the CoD battleroyal mode whit 2 friend and i think personaly better to Ring of elysium pubg apex firestorm. the gulag system is good 1/round and if you loose not lose the whole mach if your squadmate  got 4.5k money can buy back 1 squad mate. the ending screen not only a V or a chicken dinner. nicely animated rescue and a list a fallen players name. i think if you got 2 friend give them a shot its deserve it.
  • dayglowfroggy
    622 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Highly recommend it feels like a better firestorm.OK graphics not as good but that's it.
    They have sorted out the loot system from firestorm copied the armour system.
    Played three rounds last night and it's the most fun I have had in a br and that s coming from someone who doesn't like br.
    BTW this cod is almost designed to appeal to battlefield players and I don't mean ground war I don't like that.
    It has a bf4 feel about it.
  • CloneTrooperCT
    283 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I hope firestorm will be a f2p for everyone and crossplay. It was a fun mode.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i think what you meant to say is DICE missed the boat for BFV at large. this game has been a slow-mo train-wreck from start until now and i doubt it will ever get a status like BF4 as an underdog story. BFV is just a meh BF game at best even hardline had more ring to it and that was developed by our old friends at "visercal games" may they rest in peace
  • StormSaxon
    696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I downloaded it. But thought it was just a shooting game. If it’s some parachute battle royal crap... instant delete.
This discussion has been closed.