Is COD Warzone the end for BF Firestorm?

DeadstickTTV
0 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Been waiting for WZ to come out and finally got to play it last night. Seems like a good alternative to Firestorm. In the United States, on any good evening you'll find the regulars playing FS. Including those who have been repeatedly reported for hax many times over. (I've reported and sent video clips etc) Has anyone take'n this into their own consideration with sticking with the BF series games and moving to another franchise because of the lack of support on addressing this issue?

I personally have enjoyed FS more than playing conquest rounds as of late. The graphics and game play has always been incredible. But do others feel like we are being ignored with our legitimate complaints? From a players perspective, and others who has sunk much time and money in to this series, should we stick this out or is it time to move on? Opinions matter....

Comments

• MrCamp121
    1000 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fire storm should never have happend,the time they wasted on firestorm should have gone into the standard mp.

Dice didnt waste any time on it. Wasnt even made by them
  • BlackRabbit9090
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They should had never wasted their time on firestorm, most boring gamemode in the world, doesnt belong in a Battlefield game. They just tried to get more people and money from battleroyale fans! It failed.... :D
  • dayglowfroggy
    622 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In answer to your question yes wz is the death of firestorm,its a better version of firestorm.
  • Imadis64
    114 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MrCamp121 said:
    Fire storm should never have happend,the time they wasted on firestorm should have gone into the standard mp.

I didn't waste any time on Firestorm either, except for typing this response
  • rorypreston
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Warzone makes Firestorm look like a bad joke just played one round - insanely cool map - really intense 
  • MrCamp121
    1000 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 11
    Imadis64 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I didn't waste any time on Firestorm either, except for typing this response

Ok. And? Whats your point? Are you denying dice did not make firestorm? Because if you are then youre simply wrong.

If youre not..then..idk what your point is. What an utterly garbage reply
  • jroggs
    1155 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly, Warzone isn't even that much like Firestorm (within the BR genre, I mean). Warzone is out to challenge Apex, Fortnite, and PUBG, which shows in the map design and gameplay.

If Firestorm had been launched and supported better, it still really wouldn't be threatened directly by a game like Warzone. Firestorm is much slower and quieter than most popular BRs, which gives it a more tactical identity than the ultra-skill twitchiness of faster BRs. But EA and DICE killed Firestorm by making terrible decisions and then abandoning it, which is absolutely insane because it was (and still is) very close to being a solid mode in its own right.
  • Noodlesocks
    3452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MrCamp121 said:

It didn't magic into existence either. A lot of time and effort was put into it that could have been utilised on the core game and content for such.
  • S1n31ra
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Couldn't even get a game to start, so no.
  • bran1986
    5874 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Waste of time and a waste of resources that could have been better spent making new maps, vehicles, and weapons for the core game when we sat around for months with nothing but a half ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and broken game devoid of any real content.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6064 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Why do you even care?? This is like the 3rd thread about br meme here recently. Can't you just let it go already?
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    534 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm gonna give war zone a go today, mainly because the combat looks fun, and that prison face off when you die looks interesting, and the playercount too.
  • doctorrocktor
    1900 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MrCamp121 said:

Don't matter if it wasn't made by dice,the fact is they wasted time on it.
  • dhaviper
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    WZ just kicked every BR in the teeth. I bet Dice are kicking themselves for not making Firestorm free to play. In the end it would not have mattered with the clunky loot system.....Dice happens.  I still shake my head in disbelief that after a brilliant BF1 we have the game that we have right now.  With all that being said WZ is a beast. It does not play out like the regular COD game. Its super fun and intense. Im betting the PUBG and APEX servers will be ghost towns this weekend.  
  • sendjes
    616 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Firestorm never had a begining.
  • jroggs
    1155 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Don't matter if it wasn't made by dice,the fact is they wasted time on it.
    One: no, DICE neither spent (or "wasted") a significant amount of time on Firestorm. Go back through the patch notes since the mode was handed over from Crit to DICE. They've done pretty much nothing.

Two: It's not lost on me that the people who complain the loudest about DICE "wasting their time" on things like Firestorm only play about 5% max of the content in any given BF game. These self-professed "real Battlefield fans" typically play just one mode and one class, rarely deviate a very small pool of kits/ vehicles, and often avoid a large amount of the available maps. Everything outside their extremely narrow view of what Battlefield is "supposed to be" is a distraction at best or even a betrayal of the franchise in their eyes. They are the worst members of the community and I'm not sympathetic to their complaints.
  • CT1924
    1010 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kinda wish Firestorm was revamped as a F2P title, that gaining xp would award a discount on BFV for new players and bouns for old ones.