Why is there a cheater in every game i get in, and admins do absolute nothing?

jordanov95
4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Well it's like I get into different games and there is a cheater in one of the two teams always. Like i try different game mods, different time of the day so i can play a normal game, and there is always a cheater? I can't even enjoy the game anymore... Such a great game, ruined by incompetent people who can't do their ONLY JOB TO BAN HACKERS! This is a dying game so far... And it will die off very soon of admins doesn't do anything about the cheaters...

Comments

• SnoopTrooper187
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 13
    [comment removed by moderator]

Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • Ronin9572
    1056 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    EA/Dice isn't going to do anything about these issues. That would take too much time and resources. It's all about selling their broken half finished products and than your just going to have to deal with it or stop buying their rubbish!
  • -Antares65z
    1728 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well it's like I get into different games and there is a cheater in one of the two teams always. Like i try different game mods, different time of the day so i can play a normal game, and there is always a cheater? I can't even enjoy the game anymore... Such a great game, ruined by incompetent people who can't do their ONLY JOB TO BAN HACKERS! This is a dying game so far... And it will die off very soon of admins doesn't do anything about the cheaters...
    I recommend that you start your own server so you can show us how to properly admin it. 
  • Titan_Awaken
    947 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I recommend that you start your own server so you can show us how to properly admin it. 
    Players should not have to start their own servers to have a cheat free experience. That's EA's job. They created the ToS which dictates what is or isn't allowed in their games and thus the onus is on EA to enforce their own ToS. I refuse to believe how an industry leader like EA that rakes in billions in profits year after year cannot afford to enforce their own ToS and provide players with a cheat-free experience.

It is that simple. 
  • -Antares65z
    1728 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Players should not have to start their own servers to have a cheat free experience. That's EA's job. They created the ToS which dictates what is or isn't allowed in their games and thus the onus is on EA to enforce their own ToS. I refuse to believe how an industry leader like EA that rakes in billions in profits year after year cannot afford to enforce their own ToS and provide players with a cheat-free experience.

It is that simple. 
    But it isn't that simple.  Does the ToS state that EA promises to provide a cheat free gaming experience?  It doesn't. It just states that using cheats violates the ToS.  The game is no longer supported.  
  • PackersDK
    821 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thanks to the ongoing virus thing and me being send home from work for 14 days I‘ve gone down a bit of a Youtube rabbit hole and watched quite a lot of BF commentators and gameplay. 

The amount of hackusations on PC are completely insane! All you need to do is be a slightly above average player, and you risk being reported.

Now I would never say there are no hackers. And I’ve more than once expressed my sympathy for the PC community on this forum. But this has quite frankly been a bit of an eyeopener to me. 

I saw a YTer flanking and using a shotty going 60-15. Around 5-6 in the lobby, including own teammates, said they would report him. That is just one example. 

My point is, the PC community, bedeviled as they for sure are by hackers, also need to look inwards and get a grip. 

It’s literally the folktale of The Boy Who Cried Wolf...
  • disposalist
    8768 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited March 19
    PackersDK said:
    Thanks to the ongoing virus thing and me being send home from work for 14 days I‘ve gone down a bit of a Youtube rabbit hole and watched quite a lot of BF commentators and gameplay. 

The amount of hackusations on PC are completely insane! All you need to do is be a slightly above average player, and you risk being reported.

Now I would never say there are no hackers. And I’ve more than once expressed my sympathy for the PC community on this forum. But this has quite frankly been a bit of an eyeopener to me. 

I saw a YTer flanking and using a shotty going 60-15. Around 5-6 in the lobby, including own teammates, said they would report him. That is just one example. 

My point is, the PC community, bedeviled as they for sure are by hackers, also need to look inwards and get a grip. 

You're not wrong, I've always said the number of hackusations to actually hackers is about 100 to 1, *but* there certainly are more hackers/cheaters in the last few weeks and months on the EU servers where there used to be very few indeed.  I've seen more cheats in the last 100 hours than in the previous 2500.

Also, apparently, Asian servers have always had lots more cheaters and, these days, is utterly ruined by them.
  • Titan_Awaken
    947 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    PackersDK said:

It's one of the side effects of giving players a chat feature and a keyboard; people are free to say whatever dumb s___ they can think of. 

I'm sure given the opportunity, console players would behave the same way if given a keyboard and a chat feature. It's no different from that one idiot that sends you hate mail or God forbid *death threats* on PSN or Xbox Live for simply playing the game to your own leisure and minding your own business.

Luckily, most players aren't sour apples incapable of accepting that someone could possibly be better than them.
  • gantinxxx
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    yesterday was nothing but cheaters, it got to the point that both sides in a game had cheaters on it twice.  We'll more than likely see a bigger rise in cheaters if people feel that is the only way to compete. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people are walling at this point.
  • wombatjake
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Because EA/Bioware is far too busy worrying about peoples' hurt feelings from mean words and catering to identity politics ideologies to do any thing else.
  • FFinster
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Their sale numbers on BF V show what you get if you dont care about cheater in your game
  • 0AAJ
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    any games you play on PC 70% you will find a cheater in this is PC and if you want to play a normal games go play on CONSOLE 
  • Titan_Awaken
    0AAJ said:
    any games you play on PC 70% you will find a cheater in this is PC and if you want to play a normal games go play on CONSOLE 
    The PC Community can never come to a consensus on this figure; First it's 50% then it's 70% then it's 90% then it's 95% and then finally there's that one guy who says there's a cheater in every game. Who's correct? Who's wrong?

Over a two year span from 2017 to 2019, the number of blatant cheaters I have come across in this game can be counted on one hand (3 maybe, 4 at most).

I've even tried out the snooze-fest known as BFV (which apparently has an ever greater cheating problem?) for 30 odd hours before calling it quits but not once did I come across a botter. It was dreadfully boring and I couldn't even see anything because of the poor visibility but I would be lying if I said it failed to provide me with a cheat free experience.

Is it bad in both games? Maybe. Probably?
    Am I just lucky? Perhaps? I don't know.