After 180 hrs I have come to a conclusion

HexedShadowWolf
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
As much as I love the Battlefield series I can't stand this game, it just sucks. No matter how good or bad I do, if I play infantry or with vehicles, no matter the class or game mode I cannot have any fun on this game. Everything is bad or at best just meh. If this is the direction the series is going to continue in I'm jumping ship here and now and hope that I can find a game similar to Battlefield to fill the void.

I really hope Dice will maybe, hopefully, possible, but very unlike turn their stuff around and make a Battlefield game that's feels more like a Battlefield game and less of a bandwagon shooter. Personally I don't think BF needs players sliding, flipping, running on walls or whatever else Dice thinks is all the rage. Just make a solid, polished and fun to play Battlefield game with the core modes and not some half baked garbage that is populate at the moment. Also it might help if you actually listened to the players instead of ignoring their input and acting like the issues they have in-game don't exist, just saying.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Goodbye Battlefield.

Comments

• Titan_Awaken
    930 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Funny. 

Took me 10 hours at most to reach the same conclusion but I gave an additional 20 "benefit of the doubt" hours before pulling the plug on it completely.
  • Skill4Reel
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It sits on the shelf with my other games, and it has "Battlefield" in the title.  However nothing about BFV motivates me to want to play it. 
    No matter how good or bad I do, if I play infantry or with vehicles, no matter the class or game mode I cannot have any fun on this game.

I can definitely relate to this sentence as I've purchased BFV the week that it released and have a little over 45 hours total play time.  Everything about playing Battlefield seems like a chore now.  So far from when I used to just play the games because I thought they were great, and wanted to do what was necessary to help my team win.  Destruction led to Levolution which transformed into Behemoths as all were used to enhance the core Battlefield experience.  While Battlefield V seemed to have all of it's marbles in the Firestorm bag in an attempt to pull people away from other games that were similar to this mode.  Fortifications, Assignments and Tides of War rewards are just more distractions as people ignore game mode objectives and make most of the matches terrible.        
  • DerDoktorMabuse
    93 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield2 was best Battlefield...
  • Zozeberry
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've gone back to Battlefield 1. Sometimes when I play the BFV Pacific maps I forget what war it's supposed to be portraying, it feels like a Vietnam game.
  • CrashCA
    1258 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Gone to BF3/4 and Hell Let Loose
  • DonKamillentee
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You all turned your back, but keep coming here for commenting? :)
  • Skill4Reel
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Yes. Tto express disinterest in BFV in hopes that anyone on the dev team cares enough to take the next game in another direction.
  • M_Rat13
    1499 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

And what are you? The gatekeeper?
  • CrashCA
    1258 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Keep checking to see if anything is fixed, game COULD be great.  Still waiting, thou
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1405 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Funny. 

Took me 10 hours at most to reach the same conclusion but I gave an additional 20 "benefit of the doubt" hours before pulling the plug on it completely.
    And some of us bought Deluxe.
  • CSO7777
    1611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 17
    I have gone back to BF4 as well (still playing a little BFV though, mainly TOW).

Fun is the missing factor in BFV. BF4 sucks on so many levels (BFV has improved a lot of things), but BF4 is still great fun. A good round in BF4 feels satisfactory, in BFV it just feels hollow/indifferent...

Even though BF4 is rage inducing, the game somehow manages to be fun and make you forget the bad stuff. In BFV you just get fed up with the issues/stupid gameplay and then quits playing the game, when you had enough.
  • Titan_Awaken
    930 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Funny. 

And some of us bought Deluxe.
    You know, still to this day I don't understand what the Deluxe Edition has over the Standard Edition if anything. Bless the fellas who spent $80 US on release for a shell of a game. 
  • Woodlbrad
    734 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just gotta face the facts bf1 was the last good bf title the franchise is dead.
  • LeesSummit09
    472 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Think it’s funny that BF1 is now the gold standard. We don’t want WW1, behemoths to losing team, why. Elite troops that take forever to kill, players on horses running through everyone. Gas grenade spamming or any grenade spamming, I could go on and on about what people complained about. It’s like old people looking back at the good old days. OP states,Dice doesn’t listen to its community, but for every thread about, I want this, there is a thread wanting the exact opposite. Games have to evolve, so they tried some different ideas. For me, I like operations from BF1 and breakthrough on BFV. Conquest, the go to game of BF, has lost its luster for me. Running in circles taking, then immediately losing objectives just not fun. Don’t play on PC any longer, but remember the cheating on previous versions, so don’t have that problem. Do I think it’s perfect, nope, none have been. For me, fix team balance number one. I usually join servers based on ping, but overall servers need some type of upgrade. So, yea, I will still play, but once I decide not to, I am pretty sure I won’t be making a, “I uninstalled this game 6 months ago” thread.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2434 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Think it’s funny that BF1 is now the gold standard. 
    I know, just take one aspect vehicle warfare. The very seeds were planted then which grew into the mess we have now. Personally all that game had was better immersion.  
  • Magikf1ngers
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Think it’s funny that BF1 is now the gold standard. We don’t want WW1, behemoths to losing team, why. Elite troops that take forever to kill, players on horses running through everyone. Gas grenade spamming or any grenade spamming, I could go on and on about what people complained about. It’s like old people looking back at the good old days. OP states,Dice doesn’t listen to its community, but for every thread about, I want this, there is a thread wanting the exact opposite. Games have to evolve, so they tried some different ideas. For me, I like operations from BF1 and breakthrough on BFV. Conquest, the go to game of BF, has lost its luster for me. Running in circles taking, then immediately losing objectives just not fun. Don’t play on PC any longer, but remember the cheating on previous versions, so don’t have that problem. Do I think it’s perfect, nope, none have been. For me, fix team balance number one. I usually join servers based on ping, but overall servers need some type of upgrade. So, yea, I will still play, but once I decide not to, I am pretty sure I won’t be making a, “I uninstalled this game 6 months ago” thread.
    BF1 is not the gold standard.  I hated BF1.  I am okay with BFV in comparison, but it's still got so many issues that need to be taken care of that it's lost it's luster for me.  That's bad, considering I've been a faithful fan since the day 1942 came out.  I even played on several ladders with my clan.  

If you want to go to the gold standard (at least for the PC) it was Battlefield 2: Bad Company.  BF3 & 4 were okay (once they got the network issues worked out on 4) - but then Hardline, BF1 came along, and now V is going the way of those two.  Just awful games, no discernible anti-cheat, lackluster content, game modes and game play that make it feel more like the COD twitch style than Battlefield's more tactical play used to be.  

I agree - neither EA or DICE seem to listen to the community.  EA has a TERRIBLE track record of listening to the players.  I mean - they have so many of the big franchises, why should they?  People keep spending their money with them - up until Battlefield V - I was one.  No more.  I"m done giving them money for cheat infested, bug filled, crap games that ruin good franchises, or with other studios - make them abandon a hit franchise all together for an asinine BR game. 

To answer the guy above that says, "Then why come in here if you're quitting" - I haven't been playing this franchise for nearly two decades to have my voice silenced by a couple of crap installments of the game.  I'm going to make noise and make my voice heard to both DICE and EA. They're driving us loyal fans off with this nonsense.  

• Loqtrall
    12279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 18
    Weird. I've put 700 hours into BF5 (more time than I put into the past 4 BF games), and still play it at least 2-3 times a week - juggling between it and 3 or 4 other games. And my favorite BF title is BF 2 and I've been playing these games since 2002.

You'd almost think, instead of the game being objectively bad, that people just have different tastes or something.
    Post edited by Loqtrall on
  • xHonest_Abe
    204 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield needs to go back to the drink "Mountain Dew" business model. They had a good drink then substitute the sugar with something else and sells dropped. They turn around and made a "throw back edition" by return the sugar into the drink. People were happy again. We need an updated "Battlefield 4 Throw Back Edition" :D. This would have updated maps and clan servers. I bet you would sell more of this than a BF6. I never hear anything about BF6 in the works.
This discussion has been closed.