Warzone is much more smoother than BFV

BrianLocal1
583 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited March 19
In Warzone UI is outstanding, assignments are great and well done and not a hassle like BFV, loading maps and getting back to the UI is a breeze.  Dice could take many pointers from COD Warzone in how to do things.  I didn't think I could be sold on a battle royale, but Warzone is pretty great.

Comments

• MrCamp121
    1168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mw in general runs better than this garbage
  • Titan_Awaken
    1312 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Go play Warzone then and don't look back on this game.
  • Feney_exe
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 19
    forget it, the players left playing bfv are braindead 'muh realsim' milsim boomers who dont care about good performance and fun fast paced gameplay they only care about their immersion and realism. They want bad visiblity, campy slow paced braindead gameplay, they dont care about bad performance the list goes on. Why is this opinion unpopular? well its pretty obvious all the decent battlefield players (mainly from bf3/4 and a small amount of BF1 players) have left battlefield and simply given up on it.
  • BrianLocal1
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Titan_Awaken said:
    Go play Warzone then and don't look back on this game.

I'm still gonna play BFV, but probably not for a tier skip week.

• MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Feney_exe said:
    forget it, the players left playing bfv are braindead 'muh realsim' milsim boomers who dont care about good performance and fun fast paced gameplay they only care about their immersion and realism. They want bad visiblity, campy slow paced braindead gameplay, they dont care about bad performance the list goes on. Why is this opinion unpopular? well its pretty obvious all the decent battlefield players (mainly from bf3/4 and a small amount of BF1 players) have left battlefield and simply given up on it.
    I've really tried to stick with it, but at this point it's probably better if I abort like so many for my sake, and what little hope of a better future BF game.  
  • filthmcnasty
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Feney_exe wrote: »

There never was any realism in BF, so how you link the current playerbase to milsim players is gross ignorance. BF1 was a much better game than this and mag dumping was common. Immersion has little to do with TTK. In my time spent playing MW I noticed tons of OHK (bodyshot) rifles, fast TTK, and as many questionable deaths as BF. Killed after running behind cover? Yep, happens in both games. Sniping was worse in MW, everyone had a sniper rifle in their Conquest rip off game mode. It's no secret people aren't happy with the hardcore-lite gameplay. DICE needs to make a Softcore mode and a hardcore mode like they have been doing for the last 10 years.
  • olavafar
    2261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I tried Warzone but as much as I really would want to like it I just can't. The COD game engine makes my eyes hurt how much I ever fiddle with the graphics settings. It has this odd blur of things in the distance that my eyes tries to compensate for and it gives me a headache. There is also this whole COD world of sound effects constantly coming at you even when you did not realize you did something special (Dodo dot dodoo, CLIMBED A LADDER! 4000 XP!) which to an old chap like me is just distracting (but also a bit cool in a weird way I admit).

Otherwise I agree, the game feels much more like a product made by professionals and the rounds I did play felt cheater free which was refreshing compared to BFV.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1783 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    olavafar wrote: »
    I tried Warzone but as much as I really would want to like it I just can't. The COD game engine makes my eyes hurt how much I ever fiddle with the graphics settings. It has this odd blur of things in the distance that my eyes tries to compensate for and it gives me a headache. There is also this whole COD world of sound effects constantly coming at you even when you did not realize you did something special (Dodo dot dodoo, CLIMBED A LADDER! 4000 XP!) which to an old chap like me is just distracting (but also a bit cool in a weird way I admit).

Otherwise I agree, the game feels much more like a product made by professionals and the rounds I did play felt cheater free which was refreshing compared to BFV.

Cod visibility issues are like pouring acid in my eyes compared to bfv's soapy water shesh.
  • NASTYNEIL357
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tried it but it feels too arcade for me.
    I’m off to the cod forums to complain about a game I don’t play anymore.
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    556 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It sticks to what cod does well, firestorm may have been better received if it had done the same and stuck to what bf does well.
  • iwashighwayman
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 19
    No COD is dead to me after advanced warfare and BO3, i dont know if they still have p2p and same infamous netcode n lag compensation discriminating good stable connections but i m never going back there.
    Battlefield V got hit hard by social justice n corporate greed but it s still at least one level above extremely greedy Activision n their 20year old engine

And i dont care about Battle Royale, i will regret forever spending money on PUBG which was and probably still is one of the worst optimized games for Xbox X ever.
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    994 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In Warzone UI is outstanding, assignments are great and well done and not a hassle like BFV, loading maps and getting back to the UI is a breeze.  Dice could take many pointers from COD Warzone in how to do things.  I didn't think I could be sold on a battle royale, but Warzone is pretty great.

The UI in Warzone is horrendous. A confusing, console-maze, eyeball destroying nightmare. So. Much. Visusal. Noise.

But the gameplay is far more polished than BFV. I didn’t experience any bugs, at all.

The graphics are pretty bad, I had to jack up the settings in every way possible for it to look ok but... gameplay is more important. BFV/Frostbyte games are near-unplayable buggy. Playing WZ reallt brought that into sharp focus.

• TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Feney_exe wrote: »

If you think this game is a “muh realism” milsim, I don’t even know what to say.
  • LeesSummit09
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I get the appeal of BR games if you and your friends are good players.  The friends I play with can only get on every so often, something about life and kids get in the way.  So, to say we are a casual team is an understatement.  Going solo, for me, is mainly a game of hide and seek, then maybe kill a few and die.  So, for me, time in a game with little action to show for it.  Have watched warzone on youtube and waiting for players to join takes awhile and since that is where I would be spending my time, BR just isn't for me.  Maybe I have ADD. On PS4 and join games based on ping.  Usually, one or two tries, and find server that fits my ping and gameplay is good.  Enjoying rush and grind right now, so camping and sniping are less prevalent.  
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14433 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    So um,  This is the Battlefield forum, If you want to discuss warzone ( or anything not regarding BFV ) please use the off topic section :  https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/categories/off-topic

This thread has been moved on this occasion.

• filthmcnasty
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What is Warzone? Battle Royale? I assumed it was DLC for MW, an addition to their Conquest-likw mode
  • olavafar
    2261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What is Warzone? Battle Royale? I assumed it was DLC for MW, an addition to their Conquest-likw mode
    It is an addition but they did what EA should have done. The BR part is free to play (constantly reminding you to buy the game of course). It also have a new game mode that is less like BR called Plunder. I do not play much else than BF so I have not seen any mode like it before. Basically you and your squad gather loot in form of money and the squad who gets most wins the round (there are a lot more to it than that...). If you die you re-spawn into the game like in a non BR mode.
  • olavafar
    So um,  This is the Battlefield forum, If you want to discuss warzone ( or anything not regarding BFV ) please use the off topic section :  https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/categories/off-topic

This thread has been moved on this occasion.

By that logic the anticheat thread should probably be moved off topic too ;-).

• GenesisMD5745
    544 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I decided to give this Warzone mode a go. I first did quite a bit of solo to get used to BR before heading to the squad version, and it's more fun than I thought it would be. So far it is the only BR that I've played and enjoyed, and I'm not even a BR or COD person.

Had some pretty exciting and sometimes hilarious moments. The kind of moments that I don't get in BFV as often. Most of my time has been in solo so far, but as I start doing more squad BR, I expect things will become even more exciting.
  • BrianLocal1
    edited March 23
    I decided to give this Warzone mode a go. I first did quite a bit of solo to get used to BR before heading to the squad version, and it's more fun than I thought it would be. So far it is the only BR that I've played and enjoyed, and I'm not even a BR or COD person.

Had some pretty exciting and sometimes hilarious moments. The kind of moments that I don't get in BFV as often. Most of my time has been in solo so far, but as I start doing more squad BR, I expect things will become even more exciting.

Yeah, no BR appealed to me either, until this one.  I think the contracts really spice things up a bit and the map is well done compared to other BRs.  It also has a good call of duty feel to the gameplay.  I think BFV is a better game for the most part, better gameplay, but this will probably be my go to BR game.