Always killed, tips for play

lorisgio
3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Hi, I have been playing BFV for a long time but I cannot understand why they kill me very often, many times I am killed without seeing the opponent arrive. maybe it depends on my internet connection? if anyone can give me some advice. Thank you. Sorry for my bad english.

Comments

• TFBisquit
    2115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 19
    It's the servers. sometimes you are behind in time compared to some others.
    Also, it will cost you some fps, but, use dx11 and future frame render off. You will have the least amount of delays and win more direct firefights.
  • soupy48
    161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 19
    For sure the internet connection is important.
    My internet is not the greatest and it does matter.

• lorisgio
    edited March 24
    Thanks for the advice, I did what you told me and now it seems to be better. I have not found DX11 but in my PC there is DX12, I think it is the same thing. See you soon. Hello.
    Post edited by Braddock512 on
  • -aarp-19Crib
    735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 said:
    The game often seems to be "out of sync", what you see on screen is what happened some time ago - you get killed by a player you didn't see/hear that seems to just 'appear' right in front of you. Part of this is just online-gaming in general, but BFV seems to be pretty bad in this regard. This happens even with a good internet-connection.

The sound is broken, you often doesn't hear footsteps or vehicles coming from behind which also results in 'stupid' deaths.

Visibility is bad in general, people are hard to see and this also contributes to this problem.
    I wonder too about the unequal upload/download rates in internet service. I'm told that is why out of region players seem to have an advantage.
    I've got Comcast cable and a great ping - as low as 14 sometimes, yet FPS all over the place and lost packets, both icons yellow to red half the times.

• TFBisquit
    2115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It never was as bad as it is nowadays. Sure, there were instances where you emptied an entire clip into someone without hit registration, but never felt behind in time. Which happens frequently on my 18ms connection in this game.
    Getting insta gibbed by any type of weapon, while using it yourself reveals it's a slow firing type, doesn't help either.
    Then the notion of some to reduce the overall damage, so you would survive longer, while in practice insta deaths still happened each and every day.
    Not that it's better now. latest patch shifted things around, but not for the better.
  • lorisgio
    Hello, 
    I agree with you, it is really difficult to stay alive for a long time. my lag is not good (50ms) i tried to see just killed and opponent has higher lag (150ms). :/ 
  • CrashCA
    1258 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 24
    DX11 setting is in game video options Advanced, near the top
  • Celsi_GER
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    32ms over DSL (16.000 GBit) and I do not have any problems, even not in time of curfews and everybody working and streaming from home.
    Don't know why I am so lucky while other people with far better fiber-connections and lower pings have so much problems.
  • CSO7777
    1611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    lorisgio said:
    Thanks for the advice, I did what you told me and now it seems to be better. I have not found DX11 but in my PC there is DX12, I think it is the same thing. See you soon. Hello.
    If you disable DX12, the game runs DX11.

FFR only works with DX11 as far as I know.
  • EXILE157
    283 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lorisgio said:

Hi, I have been playing BFV for a long time but I cannot understand why they kill me very often, many times I am killed without seeing the opponent arrive. maybe it depends on my internet connection? if anyone can give me some advice. Thank you. Sorry for my bad english.
    Trust me when I say it's the server connection issues and a few suspicious players.
  • PayneNDiass
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I have the same issues, and I'm playing with an  Asus Strix RTX 2080 Ti and Fibre Optic network.  FFR is turned off.  Most games I log into are 19- 24 ping. After the game is over, I'm killed the most on either side! Most of the time I'm not dead until I fire my gun, then I'm instantly killed or shot at by 2 or more enemies, that were not there until I do .

• EXILE157
    283 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I have the same issues, and I'm playing with an  Asus Strix RTX 2080 Ti and Fibre Optic network.  FFR is turned off.  Most games I log into are 19- 24 ping. After the game is over, I'm killed the most on either side! Most of the time I'm not dead until I fire my gun, then I'm instantly killed or shot at by 2 or more enemies, that were not there until I do .
    Welcome to BrokenfieldV.
  • SquaddFather
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I get less fps in DX11 .
  • lorisgio

I think there is no solution to this. I have MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G and I wanted to change it with an rtx 20 .. but I will not spend this money. my GTX is still good for other games, COD MW for example. angry.
  • PayneNDiass
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm wondering if there would be an advantage using Radeon cards, as the Battlefield developers are with AMD?
  • NamelessForNow
    1469 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm wondering if there would be an advantage using Radeon cards, as the Battlefield developers are with AMD?

I believe this is the first installment that developers teamed with nvidia over amd. Nvidia was trying to show off ray tracing.
  • CSO7777
    1611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I believe this is the first installment that developers teamed with nvidia over amd. Nvidia was trying to show off ray tracing.
    Both consoles are using AMD-hardware and AMD-GPUs runs the game very well in DX12.

But fundamentally this is probably not a hardware/game problem.

BF-games are more "chaotic" and "uncontrollable" than most other online games, due to the high player-count and the mix of vehicles/infantry. And the way the game/guns are balanced, you have to adjust your play-style to the maps and whatever class/weapon you are using.

If you are constantly getting killed without killing anyone, you have to adjust your play-style. Perhaps you play way to aggressively or run around alone without your team/squad...
  • Netranger9
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Best tip : play another game,this one is rife with utter crap.

• VOLBANKER
    1437 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    OP you could try and record your games, then watch it afterwards so you can learn from your mistakes that way.

A simple but important tip: Be careful about running. I know people do it constantly, but often it pays off to play a little slower.