Move M3 Grease Gun from Medic to Recon

VOLBANKER
1436 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited March 20
It would make a lot of sense to move the M3 Grease Gun from Medic to Recon.

First of all, a soldier who is doing recon work could use a gun with a silencer to keep him from being detected by any enemies he might encounter.

Second, Recon really needs another automatic weapon besides Trench Carbine.

Third, Medic has plenty of other good CQC weapons. Recon only has the two pistol carbines, and Model 8 provided you land your shots without missing even once. And the pistol carbines have a horrible TTK past around 10-12 metres.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    6872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Absolutely. The grease gun is wasted on the likes of medics
  • The-Monz
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Would you swap it for the zh-29?
  • Hawxxeye
    6872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The-Monz said:

The jungle carbine is better
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    The-Monz said:

that is only true if the player in question can consistently lad HS at all ranges. other then that the ZH will beat any jungle carbine at any range if both land the normal bodyshot
  • dariarty
    98 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Excellent suggestion OP.
  • Hawxxeye
    edited March 20
    Hawxxeye said:
    The-Monz said:

that is only true if the player in question can consistently lad HS at all ranges. other then that the ZH will beat any jungle carbine at any range if both land the normal bodyshot
    If anyone who gets hit once stays around to get hit twice they deserved it.
    The whole point of these weapons is to take someone who is exposed out before they can hide or retaliate. The headshot makes a huge difference for that
  • CT1924
    955 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No. Recon is not supposed to be cqc.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    The-Monz said:

The whole point of these weapons is to take someone who is exposed out before they can hide or retaliate. The headshot makes a huge difference for that

that still makes the ZH better since it has a considerable better ROF and does not rely on HS all the time, in fact the ZH doesn't reward them at all. plus you get the benefit of much higher magnification and if i recall correctly the ZH has higher velocity.
  • Hawxxeye
    edited March 20
    Hawxxeye said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    The-Monz said:

that still makes the ZH better since it has a considerable better ROF and does not rely on HS all the time, in fact the ZH doesn't reward them at all. plus you get the benefit of much higher magnification and if i recall correctly the ZH has higher velocity.
    Based on the times I have been killed by a jungle and a ZH, the Jungle is a more popular choice statistically. If one wants to work on ranges where velocity counts, they are better off using a Krag.
    At least this is my opinion on the matter. A mandatory 2HK in a gun with 5 bullets and a ROF that is less than double of the bolt action jungle is a pretty lousy setup
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    Hawxxeye said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    The-Monz said:

Based on the times I have been killed by a jungle and a ZH, the Jungle is a more popular choice statistically. If one wants to work on ranges where velocity counts, they are better off using a Krag.
    At least this is my opinion on the matter. A mandatory 2HK in a gun with 5 bullets and a ROF that is less than double of the bolt action jungle is a pretty lousy setup

and a medic cosplaying as a sniper is better in what regard again? wasn't that a huge complaint in BF1 and the BFV Alpha that long range weapons would cause medic to camp even more and low and behold they have actual sniper rifles and nothing has changed.
  • Hawxxeye
    edited March 20
    Hawxxeye said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    The-Monz said:

and a medic cosplaying as a sniper is better in what regard again? wasn't that a huge complaint in BF1 and the BFV Alpha that long range weapons would cause medic to camp even more and low and behold they have actual sniper rifles and nothing has changed.
    In the objective ranges the medics have an effectively better sniper rifle and they also have the power to ignore health attrition.
    When I want to "Snipe agressively" I more often than not use the medic instead of the recon. My recon has almost always the trench carbine
  • InS_Hypno
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You think the jungle carbine is better until you get 99 with a HS or 99 with 2 hits
    Only reason the jungle carbine is better is because the class that has it is just straight up better
  • Hawxxeye
    edited March 20
    InS_Hypno said:
    You think the jungle carbine is better until you get 99 with a HS or 99 with 2 hits
    Only reason the jungle carbine is better is because the class that has it is just straight up better
    If a soldier is more than 100m away then they are just too far.
    The straight pull bolt is sorely missed in the recon class too. There is also no glint to telegraph the shooter. All hail the double standards of DICE!

• InS_Hypno
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    InS_Hypno said:
    The straight pull bolt is sorely missed in the recon class too. There is also no glint to telegraph the shooter. All hail the double standards of DICE!

because unlike with a ZH you can't just sit in your spawn and snipe people across the map
    that's the difference
  • Hawxxeye
    InS_Hypno said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    InS_Hypno said:

because unlike with a ZH you can't just sit in your spawn and snipe people across the map
    that's the difference
    I have literally never seen anyone do that with that gun. The chances that someone across the map will stay to be hit twice are astronomically low.
  • Synderz123
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I support this idea.
  • InS_Hypno
    Hawxxeye said:
    InS_Hypno said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    InS_Hypno said:

that's the difference
    I have literally never seen anyone do that with that gun. The chances that someone across the map will stay to be hit twice are astronomically low.
    welp you either don't play the game at all or you're oblivious

One round of Aerodrome and they are everywhere bodyshotting people from the other side of the map
    I've already been tapped by a ZH on F from the British spawn
    You get tapped to death plenty of time from people hugging the side of the map
    The only real advantage the jungle carbine has over the ZH is the fact it can headshot
    Other than that you're better off going with a ZH or any other medic gun if you can't land HS consistently
  • Woodlbrad
    734 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Or just buff the pistol carbines.
  • DingoKillr
    4009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 20
    Woodlbrad wrote: »
    Or just buff the pistol carbines.

It the silencer too, not just another CQC weapon.