Destroy 1 Objective in Rush

Hawxxeye
6872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
This is an example of a bad idea for an assignment.
It makes everyone in your own team your "enemy" as well as the actual enemy team because only the one who does the arming will get credit.
I know it is just 1 objective and that one will randomly get it eventually but it is not a fun assignment.

Comments

• talhaONE
    684 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The other assingment is easy to do. Dont bother with it.
  • Hawxxeye
    6872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah but until  I finish a chapter I want all the chapter XP I can get. :(
    I managed to do it now about several failed attempts
  • TFBisquit
    2115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE said:
    The other assingment is easy to do. Dont bother with it.

Each and every assignment gives tow points. Lets not waste those shall we?
  • Terminator000001
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Eh, I don't really see this as an issue. In older titles you had to do this x amount of times to finish an assignment to unlock weapons.

So just arming a single MCOM once is actually peanuts.
  • Hawxxeye
    edited March 21
    Eh, I don't really see this as an issue. In older titles you had to do this x amount of times to finish an assignment to unlock weapons.

It is not just arming. It also requires that mcom to be destroyed.
    In my book any assignment that makes you regard your own team as enemies, is a bad idea
  • GenesisMD5745
    503 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Fortunately it's just 1 objective you need to destroy and not 5. What sucks is when you destroy an objective before unlocking the assignment and it doesn't count.

I was lucky enough to come across a match where most of the enemy team didn't split up between the objectives (my team did this too) leaving the other objective mostly exposed. Just me and one other teammate destroyed the exposed objective.
  • Terminator000001
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)

It is not just arming. It also requires that mcom to be destroyed.In my book any assignment that makes you regard your own team as enemies, is a bad idea

If you armed the objective already, it's usually not that difficult to defend it until it's destroyed. And if you go the tryhard way with full smoke and Type 2A.
  • Hawxxeye
    (Quote)

It is not just arming. It also requires that mcom to be destroyed.In my book any assignment that makes you regard your own team as enemies, is a bad idea

If you armed the objective already, it's usually not that difficult to defend it until it's destroyed. And if you go the tryhard way with full smoke and Type 2A.
    This is what I also thought until I realized how many people are just laying in a corner to light up anyone who armed or tries to arm an objective.
  • Terminator000001
    (Quote)
    This is what I also thought until I realized how many people are just laying in a corner to light up anyone who armed or tries to arm an objective.

That was always the case since Rush was invented. Nothing new here. 🦆
  • NLBartmaN
    4309 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I like the assignment, players HAVE to PTFO to get it  :D
    With all the camping since the last TTK lowering patch, it feels good to see less campers and more PTFO in a gamemode.

Too bad there is a different path to the finish too, so players can skip it.
  • Hawxxeye
    NLBartmaN said:
    I like the assignment, players HAVE to PTFO to get it  :D
    With all the camping since the last TTK lowering patch, it feels good to see less campers and more PTFO in a gamemode.

Too bad there is a different path to the finish too, so players can skip it.
    You can PTFO all you want and some guy who started arming 10 miliseconds earlier will still the credit and you get nothing. Teamwork and objective play should reward everyone involved and not a lucky one who clicked a button first while they all worked together for it.
    Here is a video which shows how these assignments encourage someone to "let" the enemies defuse so they can get a chance to do his assignment, one more failed attempt to get an Mcom destroyed and then FINALLY the time where I got lucky I both got on the mcom first and  the enemies did not defuse. After that there are two tiny bonus clips of me actually having a fun time with the Drilling, liberated from the damn anti-teamwork assignments.
    Drilling is the only shotgun a man can rely on, the rest are shooting jelly.

• DaMutha1
    1412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    At least it's an assignment that I didn't have completed within 10 minutes on Thursday, unlike most
  • dariarty
    98 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is it more that you don't enjoy Rush? 

It took me a couple of goes but I quite enjoyed the matches and I think it does increase the amount of players willing to PTO.

Regardless it's infinitely better than those bloody Gold Skin weapon assignments.
  • filthmcnasty
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is an example of a bad idea for an assignment.
    It makes everyone in your own team your "enemy" as well as the actual enemy team because only the one who does the arming will get credit..I know it is just 1 objective and that one will randomly get it eventually but it is not a fun assignment.

I got lucky
  • MjrWalker
    138 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I got it almost immediately. Third round I took part in. The team unbalancing was so severe that we were against mostly level 20-40s, who happened to be not as good.
  • Hawxxeye
    dariarty said:
    Is it more that you don't enjoy Rush? 

It took me a couple of goes but I quite enjoyed the matches and I think it does increase the amount of players willing to PTO.

Regardless it's infinitely better than those bloody Gold Skin weapon assignments.

Not, really, I definitely enjoyed the rounds that I did not had to kill myself in the attempt to be the one arming before anyone else.
    I am one of those people who are fine with dying as long as it benefits the team and the objective, but if you have bad luck with this task it is like pulling teeth
  • TFBisquit
    2115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Seems to me not many are willing to arm. did it multiple times already because the team was busy with kdr, or so it seemed.
    But I suppose the better assignment is the arm/defuse as a squad. Which is also in there if I recall correctly.
    But then maybe some other squad let it defuse so they can arm it instead.
    Well, there are 2 objectives per zone, so plenty of opportunity to go for either one of those.
  • bigiain
    324 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, my experience is that most people are barely able to play their class role, never mind the objective. I suppose the rotating modes aren't helping, it feels like a lot of people have no idea what they're doing in Rush. 
  • CT1924
    955 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

It has to detonate.
  • CT1924
    955 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Should have been destroy 1 obj, or arm 15 times. I got it, but was racing teamates and trying not to get shot. You want people guarding it. Spawn beacons are your friend.