Waited since December 2018 for BF4 Premium to be free again

2010_was_the_end
8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
Was told to wait and follow @battlefield on twitter and see if they ever do it again, but it's been over a year.
Could I get a Premium code to redeem on origin?

I can't agree with paying for something that's been given away free to others multiple times in the past. I got into BF4 around december 2018 which apparently was just a little while after the last premium giveaway, so I missed out.

Comments

• BigF33t_13
    6805 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    They may or may not ever offer it free again. My guess is probably not since they don't support the game anymore. Asking for a code is against forum rules, by the way.
  • 2010_was_the_end
    I'm not asking for a code from someone else, I'm asking for a code from EA. They told me to wait and follow @battlefield so i did, but they never came through. Tired of waiting.
  • BigF33t_13
    6805 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I'm not asking for a code from someone else, I'm asking for a code from EA. They told me to wait and follow @battlefield so i did, but they never came through. Tired of waiting.
    It may never happen. The game was abandoned a long time ago. They told you to follow in case there were more giveaways. There was never a guarantee there would be. To be honest, no one really plays the DLC maps. Every time I go to play, it's the same 2 or 3 maps.
  • 2010_was_the_end
    I cycle between 2-3 servers with the best ping to me and they frequently play DLC maps if the population is 40+, and it's not uncommon that i boot up BF4, find all three of them are playing a DLC map, then just exit BF4 cause I don't have the DLC, and I wouldn't put it past many of the people on those servers to have acquired the DLC Premium for free during past giveaways. I have the community operation free maps, but every DLC expansion for BF4 has like 5 maps each, so altogether that's a large percentage of the maps I'm forced to quit the game over.
  • BigF33t_13
    You'll probably have to buy it then. Or wait for a sale.
  • 2010_was_the_end
    You'll probably have to stop replying to this thread.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

He’s done nothing but try to help. It’s not his fault he can’t give you the answer you want.
  • BigF33t_13
    Sorry, but no one here is going to give you a code for premium. And the moderators here can't do anything for you. I suspect they'll end up locking the thread.
  • 2010_was_the_end
    edited March 26
    Turban, I'm not addressing other users with my thread. I clarified that in my second post. It's not that Bigfeet is trying to help, it's that he's trying to be snarky and encourage spending money on content that has been literally free for weeks at a time, with the most recent time being just before I got into BF4 at the end of 2018, of which I didn't even know about the premium giveaways at the time. I'm not paying money for something everyone else still playing BF4 in 2020 got for free just cause they happened to be aware of BF4 a month before I was.

Bigfeet continues his snarky conundrum by saying "Sorry, but no one here is going to give you a code for premium." when I already made it perfectly clear i'm not asking other users to give me a code for premium. He's just trying to turn this into something it isn't and never was, he's not "helping".

If you're going to defend him clearly being a nasty person, then I have nothing left to say in this thread. I'll try going through different channels to get the free DLC.
  • BigF33t_13
    I'm not being snarky at all. I never inferred that you were asking users for a code. I'm telling you that there's no one here that can help you get a code. I don't think you understand the EA doesn't post here and doesn't read the forums. The moderators here are not EA employees. They can't help you get a code, or tell you when EA may give it away. They made it free for one week, years ago. They did the same for BF3 and BF1. They've never done it a second time with either. That's not to say they won't, or that they may offer it a discount down the rode. But like I said, no one here can give you a time frame. Contacting support would be your best bet. I wasn't being snarky. I'm just telling you the facts. But if you want to wait for a moderator to tell you, then that's fine. I won't comment again. 
    StarscreamUK@LOLGotYerTags
  • 2010_was_the_end

He’s done nothing but try to help. It’s not his fault he can’t give you the answer you want.
    His reply had pretty much nothing to do with what I was saying. I'm not asking for an answer from him. I made that perfectly clear in the second post when I clarified this wasn't directed at other users, but at EA or DICE themselves. He continued the conversation by saying he doesn't even play DLC maps that often as if it were defacto that there were no value to the DLC and not to worry about, so I replied with saying that the only 3 best servers I personally play on with good pings frequently do in fact play the DLC maps and there's times where I don't even get to play at all because all 3 of them are playing DLC maps. It wasn't even a direct reply, more of just an obvious statement. Then he responds with
    Which just seems snarky.

If this were another game where the DLC was just, you know, always priced - then whatever. I can easily come to terms with not having paid DLC for other games. But because ALL the DLC was given away for free at least twice in the past, with the most recent time being shortly before I originally started playing BF4 in december 2018 (when I didn't even know about the free Premiums at the time), it just makes me feel cheated. They were free for a entire weeks, which means there's a very good chance most previous BF4 owners were able to pick up Premium for free. I'm not shelling out $40 for something the rest of people still playing BF4 in 2020 got for free. 
  • Turban_Legend80
    @2010_was_the_end - I paid for all content before it was released for free. There’s no difference really. I’m still playing this game.
  • Turban_Legend80

This is the most snarky response in this thread.
  • BigF33t_13

His reply had pretty much nothing to do with what I was saying. I'm not asking for an answer from him. I made that perfectly clear in the second post when I clarified this wasn't directed at other users, but at EA or DICE themselves. He continued the conversation by saying he doesn't even play DLC maps that often as if it were defacto that there were no value to the DLC and not to worry about, so I replied with saying that the only 3 best servers I personally play on with good pings frequently do in fact play the DLC maps and there's times where I don't even get to play at all because all 3 of them are playing DLC maps. It wasn't even a direct reply, more of just an obvious statement. Then he responds with
    Which just seems snarky.

If this were another game where the DLC was just, you know, always priced - then whatever. I can easily come to terms with not having paid DLC for other games. But because ALL the DLC was given away for free at least twice in the past, with the most recent time being shortly before I originally started playing BF4 in december 2018 (when I didn't even know about the free Premiums at the time), it just makes me feel cheated. They were free for a entire weeks, which means there's a very good chance most previous BF4 owners were able to pick up Premium for free. I'm not shelling out $40 for something the rest of people still playing BF4 in 2020 got for free. 
    You are mistaken. Absolutely none of it was snarky. I can't help how you perceive it, but I would have said it the same to anyone I know. I only deal in fact. I'm not going to stroke someones ego.
  • StarscreamUK
    7431 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    There is nobody here who will give you a code.

Promotions come and go, its very unlikely to ever return as bf4 is now a legacy title, so it wont be promoted.

If you want premium, the only way now is to buy it, or sign up to origin access premium is included for bf4....... it's £3.99 in the UK so i'd expect it to be as reasonably priced.