This Week in Battlefield V - March 30, 2020

Braddock512
1525 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
edited April 2

Let’s see what’s going on this week.

(This is the current schedule for this week. Please note, items could shift, be added, or be moved around, so check back daily for updates on the calendar, links, etc.)

Monday, March 30, 2020

• This Week in Battlefield V - An overview of this week's news, blogs, content, and more. As items are added or shifted, this will be updated. Keep an eye on it through the week for redirect links! 

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Thursday, April 2, 2020

• Chapter 6: Week 9 Mission Begins

• The Pacific War Playlist will remain throughout Chapter 6.

• BCIW & EA PLAY 2019 Emblem Giveaways - We'll be posting 300 codes on Reddit and Forums (each) throughout the day for you to grab. Link will be updated on Thursday, April 2, 2020. Good luck! 

Friday, April 3, 2020

NOTES AND ADDENDUMS

• Battlefield V in Pictures Screenshot Contest is currently accepting submissions. RULES

• Our global teams on all franchises continue to work to keep games going, per EA Update on the Coronavirus Situation

• Stay Home. Play Together.  - We’ll be popping into random streams and dropping game codes for folks, as well as giveaways on our official Battlefield channels. 

• Community Broadcast - An Update on Updates DETAILS

Post edited by Braddock512 on

Comments

• Noodlesocks
    3535 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What are the chances of all game modes being made available during this quarantine?
  • fragnstein
    750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 30
    What are the chances of getting a hot fix for broken plane missles? Or do we just have to suck it up until someone gets around to deciding they want to fix it? Surely this is something that can be fixed through values at home with a laptop
  • Braddock512
    1525 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    What are the chances of getting a hot fix for broken plane missles? Or do we just have to suck it up until someone gets around to deciding they want to fix it? Surely this is something that can be fixed through values at home with a laptop
    Chance of a hotfix is probably nil as we've pushed 6.4 back to combine with 6.6 for May release (as noted in the link to the Community Broadcast above). It's not about "someone deciding to fix it". They do want to fix it. (And it should be addressed in the next update) And while the Devs are busy working from home, getting ready for 6.6 (which is 6.4 and 6.6 combined), pushing a hotfix requires testing etc. and delays current production. Shoving a hotfix in the middle of a dev-cycle isn't something anyone wants to do just willy-nilly. 
    While I know it's frustrating - and it is something that the team is working to address with a future update - you don't have to be snarky. 

-Braddock512
  • soupy48
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I appreciate the fact that the game is still being managed during these times. :|
  • CT1924
    1141 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Any news on a trailer contest?
  • NightmarePE
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 31
     Eligibility:  Battlefield V In Pictures Screenshot Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada (excluding Quebec), Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Malaysia, The Netherlands, New Zealand , Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, South Africa , South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United Kingdom and the United States (including the District of Colombia) who are at least as old as the minimum age of majority in the jurisdiction from which they enter the Contest.

It's a shame, we Brazilian Players don't be elegible. ¬¬' The question is "WHY?"

@Braddock512

• Braddock512
    Chance of a hotfix is probably nil as we've pushed 6.4 back to combine with 6.6 for May release (as noted in the link to the Community Broadcast above). It's not about "someone deciding to fix it". They do want to fix it. (And it should be addressed in the next update) And while the Devs are busy working from home, getting ready for 6.6 (which is 6.4 and 6.6 combined), pushing a hotfix requires testing etc. and delays current production. Shoving a hotfix in the middle of a dev-cycle isn't something anyone wants to do just willy-nilly. 
    While I know it's frustrating - and it is something that the team is working to address with a future update - you don't have to be snarky. 

-Braddock512
    I wasnt "snarky",just very frustrated.   I dont know if you realize just how frustrating it is. Maybe if you played the game like your customers do, you would realize the level of frustration it brings because when something like this breaks, there are quit a few people who abuse it which ruins the game for several people.  The more often people rage quit, the more likely they wont return.  Is that what you want? To take your time as more players quit over 2 planes with broken values?  
    Frag, you were a bit snarky. It's not a matter of "if someone decides to fix it" and it's not just "something that can be fixed through values at home with a laptop".  I had already noted a couple weeks ago that the team has a fix for the issue coming in the next update. Then the entire company was moved to work-from-home due to quarantine rules.  If it can't be fixed with a back-end fix (which is probably likely), then it needs a client update. Our 6.4 update was pushed back and combined with 6.6 due to the extreme circumstances facing everyone. And while it is 100% frustrating, "just changing some values" can impact multiple other things, so the fix needs to be tested, QA'd, tested again, then signed-off.

And then you assumed I don't play the game. I play on all platforms (as I've done for every Battlefield title since Bad Co 2). I try to play daily (mainly on PC), but hit PS4 and Xbox One as much as I can while maintaining a balanced life of not "working" constantly. 

I absolutely DO understand the frustration - and have expressed that frustration from a personal level and shared the feedback from the community. 

-Braddock512
  • Braddock512
     Eligibility:  Battlefield V In Pictures Screenshot Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada (excluding Quebec), Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Malaysia, The Netherlands, New Zealand , Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, South Africa , South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United Kingdom and the United States (including the District of Colombia) who are at least as old as the minimum age of majority in the jurisdiction from which they enter the Contest.

It's a shame, we Brazilian Players don't be elegible. ¬¬' The question is "WHY?"

@Braddock512

Short answer: Because of legal restrictions of shipping prizes to some regions, legal restrictions on the value of some prizes. 

-Braddock512
  • Fatkid6172
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SoI have been trying to do research on how to obtain new emblems, and I haven't been successful. I know this is probably a topic brought up in the past and I must be overlooking the readings, but could anyone tell me how I would go about earning or unlocking new emblems? ( PS4 player if that matters) 
  • BerrakFX
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Fatkid6172 wrote: »
    SoI have been trying to do research on how to obtain new emblems, and I haven't been successful. I know this is probably a topic brought up in the past and I must be overlooking the readings, but could anyone tell me how I would go about earning or unlocking new emblems? ( PS4 player if that matters) 

I advise you to join the community on Twitter, since many events move here, on the way I leave you a link, follow them and find out some, good luck 😉👍

Échale un vistazo a Scottish HellFighters (@SCOHellFighters): https://twitter.com/SCOHellFighters?s=09
  • Alaybeyii
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
     :/  :/
  • Tzar_Draco
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hey Mister EA community manager, how about youscrew chapter 6 and give us back our south african servers.  
  • Tzar_Draco
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Or frankly I want my money back.  I definitely didn't buy the game for the single player missions. And I'd like to see you play effectively with a ping over 200!!!!!
  • kingofmacedon
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

-Braddock512
    I wasnt "snarky",just very frustrated.   I dont know if you realize just how frustrating it is. Maybe if you played the game like your customers do, you would realize the level of frustration it brings because when something like this breaks, there are quit a few people who abuse it which ruins the game for several people.  The more often people rage quit, the more likely they wont return.  Is that what you want? To take your time as more players quit over 2 planes with broken values?  
    Frag, you were a bit snarky. It's not a matter of "if someone decides to fix it" and it's not just "something that can be fixed through values at home with a laptop".  I had already noted a couple weeks ago that the team has a fix for the issue coming in the next update. Then the entire company was moved to work-from-home due to quarantine rules.  If it can't be fixed with a back-end fix (which is probably likely), then it needs a client update. Our 6.4 update was pushed back and combined with 6.6 due to the extreme circumstances facing everyone. And while it is 100% frustrating, "just changing some values" can impact multiple other things, so the fix needs to be tested, QA'd, tested again, then signed-off.

And then you assumed I don't play the game. I play on all platforms (as I've done for every Battlefield title since Bad Co 2). I try to play daily (mainly on PC), but hit PS4 and Xbox One as much as I can while maintaining a balanced life of not "working" constantly. 

I absolutely DO understand the frustration - and have expressed that frustration from a personal level and shared the feedback from the community. 

-Braddock512

I don't frequent this forum as much as I should but from what I have seen from the pacific TTK changes, It is very difficult to believe that the Dev's are listening. While I'm sure you do your absolute best to pass along our feedback, the fact that such an overwhelming backlash against the TTK change only seemed to register LONG after makes it difficult for us a fan base to have any kind of faith in them. While again, I'm sure they work hard and do their best, Us as fans looking out for content and wondering when, OR EVEN IF, there will be more content is hard. From our perspective its like BF5 isn't doing well and won't receive the support it needs to become a more successful title. There is genuine belief that we will never get content on the Eastern front. (IN A WW2 GAME!!!!!)

With Rainbow Six Siege, its player base can literally accurately predict ,almost down to a fews day, when the trailer for the next season will drop and when the new operators/map/season will be officially revealed. With BF5 there this just empty void it seems. No players can confidently say if this game will still be developed by the end of this year.

And I can only imagine what morale must be like among the men and women working on this game, with the fanbase in a constant outrage over lack of communicate and and just genuine disgust with some of the decision making and lack of a polished game. But this relationship between fanbase and Devs started low with the quote "If you don't like it, Don't buy it." and has only worsened. Its a far cry from the BF3/4 days when communication between devs and the fanbase was a lot more conciliatory. especially with something like Battlefield Friends being kind of an outlet at times.

IDK, maybe I'm wrong, but I can't deny that there is a serious disconnect between fanbase and Devs. Worse than I have ever seen in the battlefield franchise. Didn't battlefield 5 have a roadmap at some point? what happened to that?

I genuinely hope that DICE and EA are going to support this game cause god knows, with a consistent cycle of updates and content drops AND MORE COMMUNICATION, this game can be amazing. I just look at how far Battlefront 2 has come and hope that something similar will happen.
  • VOLBANKER
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @kingofmacedon

Sadly I think BFV has gotten so much bad PR at this point that EA has no plans whatsoever of attempting a turnaround for the game. Instead they are cutting costs everywhere possible, i.e. by closing the South African and Dubai servers, while at the same time keeping only a skeleton crew still working on the game to secure the dripfeed of small content.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    you can not try to tell us with streight face that you ever intended to deliever 6.4 on time in april.
    you have been working tops 10days from home that 6.4 was ever on point to be released early april. or do we have different interpretations of early now. its not your fault i want you to understand that but not a single person on this planet can call BFV a smooth experience and an adequete BF mainline title. over 1,5 years into the game and the past 2 chapters have been nothing but dissapointment,canncelations and unwanted reworks from start to finish. not even mentioning the first six months of BFV.
    canceling server-regions because your puick match function has been putting ppl into the wrong regions ever since is the reason now? i am actually amazed that noone is realising while your ship is sinking fast and hard someone keeps drilling big holes into your boat claiming data proves putting more holes into the ship will improve our floating capabilities eventually?!
    (not my best analogy)
    by god BF2021 better be the game of the decade

• Braddock512
    Or frankly I want my money back.  I definitely didn't buy the game for the single player missions. And I'd like to see you play effectively with a ping over 200!!!!!
    You can review the Refund Policy here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/returns-and-cancellations/

-Braddock512
  • Braddock512
    edited April 2
    you can not try to tell us with streight face that you ever intended to deliever 6.4 on time in april.
    you have been working tops 10days from home that 6.4 was ever on point to be released early april. or do we have different interpretations of early now. its not your fault i want you to understand that but not a single person on this planet can call BFV a smooth experience and an adequete BF mainline title. 

Hi. I'm only going to respond to this part as it's the part you chose to call me out on.

Update 6.4 was scheduled for the beginning of April. Unfortunately, due to the shift from working in offices with Dev Kits and QA teams around the world, we had to quickly shift to working from home - including our QA teams. This put a strain on getting the update QA'd and verified in time for an early April release, therefore the decision was made to roll Update 6.4 into Update 6.6 and have one big update in early May. It’s unfortunate, but was necessary. 

I have been managing this community since before Battlefield 1, and have worked on this franchise for over 8 years, and have  been on the frontlines with the community since day 1. I'm not being snarky, angry or even slightly annoyed. I'm stating facts. I think I have a keener understanding of the frustrations, aggravations, etc. from the community than almost anyone else (other than the other CMs). Part of my job is to create reports for the studio and leadership teams that specifically calls out community sentiment, conversation topics, etc. based on conversations around the entire community - I get it. I really do. 

The rest of your comment - I do understand your frustration and am not dismissing it. 

-Braddock512
  • Noodlesocks
    3535 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Will this time be used to formulate a new Roadmap for Battlefield 5? We haven't had one in over a year and it has no more content on it.