Where are the remastered editions?

Comments

• Ti11iesandBeer
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A remaster of BF4s RSP!!!!

• CSO7777
    1765 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ridge_V2 said:

Dice should really use BF4 as a foundation for the next game instead of remastering it. BF4 has a lot of issues and I would rather have a new game with the "feel" of BF4 (especially the gun-play/TTK), but with the improvements that has been made to BF (spawning, less spotting, movement/vaulting, removal of RBD etc).

Having a BF4-like game with less of the issues/frustrations, but still retaining the fun of BF4, would be awesome.
  • Turbo_Nozomix
    405 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited April 19
    EA_Tom said:
    Purely out of personal interest... which remasters would y'all like to see?
    Battlefield 2. It's by far the pinnacle of the entire series and nothing since has offered nearly as rich, sophisticated, and satisfying an experience.

In a very real way, every game that DICE and EA have released in the series since Battlefield 2 is measurable by how much it failed to live-up to Battlefield 2. And the time since Battlefield 2 until now is the measurement of how much time has been wasted with casual and underwhelming cash-ins and how long the Battlefield series has been dormant or dead from its true potential, its greater identity, and its former glory.
  • Vespervin
    1368 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA_Tom said:

Definitely Battlefield 3. Keep the gameplay the same just improve the graphics. Also bring back Battlelog.
  • Turbo_Nozomix
    405 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    CSO7777 said:
    Ridge_V2 said:

Dice should really use BF4 as a foundation for the next game instead of remastering it. BF4 has a lot of issues and I would rather have a new game with the "feel" of BF4 (especially the gun-play/TTK), but with the improvements that has been made to BF (spawning, less spotting, movement/vaulting, removal of RBD etc).

Having a BF4-like game with less of the issues/frustrations, but still retaining the fun of BF4, would be awesome.
    In what way has spawning been improved since Bf4? It's only gotten worse.
  • SICIOUS
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA_Tom said:
    Hi Tom. I'm just wondering what actually goes into remastering any of BF's previous titles? How time consuming and difficult are upgrading graphics etc. 

I loved the Vietnam dlc. I think this could be a cool little remaster. Especially given the fact that its only 5 maps. I remember it being generally well received by players and critics alike. It would be great to have something small like this to bridge the gap until the new game is released! My guess is maps from previous modern titles will make it into the new game anyway. Thats why I would choose Vietnam dlc #1 as a remaster.

I would play any of these titles remastered.
    BF2
    BC2
    NAM dlc
    BF3
  • lm97ivanl
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA_Tom said:
    BF3 sin dudas,el mejor battlefield competitivo que hubo !!!!
  • FearNoTears
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

BF3 or even BF2.

Add all the weapons and content with the game release.

Add only maps later.

Close the forum for people don't cry about this and that and ask for nurfs or counter weapons.

No rules. Attack the base.

• Henry_Laurentius
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    EA_Tom said:
    Battlefield 2. I played battlefield 4 and battlefield 2 in 2013 and 2014. Going back to Battlefield 2 was not only nostalgia, it was extremly fun. The teamwork with strangers aspect and class system was very satisfying. Bf3 and 4 still has a great player base and the graphics aren't that outdated.
  • BARAN_OBAMA14
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    BF3 + secondary customazation  and classic weapons from BF H and 4: AKM, Galil, Groza, MPX, Vector, FMG9, UZI, Mac10, KG9, P226, Five Seven ,CZ75
  • Trokey66
    8981 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm very weary of re masters as they could lead to disappointment.

That said, I would buy a remastered BC2 or BF3.
  • ragnarok013
    3776 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Trokey66 said:

Trokey66 I think that's where the difference between a remaster and reboot come into play. A remaster should only update the graphics, address bugs, and have behind the scenes technical updates such as better servers and stability fixes for modern OSs. The game play and progression systems should remain relatively unchanged in a remaster. A reboot on the other hand leaves the door open for a lot of changes such as progression system changes, shoehorning in modern monetization trends etc. and that's where the real danger is for disappointment in this debate IMO.
  • Trokey66
    8981 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Trokey66 I think that's where the difference between a remaster and reboot come into play. A remaster should only update the graphics, address bugs, and have behind the scenes technical updates such as better servers and stability fixes for modern OSs. The game play and progression systems should remain relatively unchanged in a remaster. A reboot on the other hand leaves the door open for a lot of changes such as progression system changes, shoehorning in modern monetization trends etc. and that's where the real danger is for disappointment in this debate IMO.

I get that.

I used to live Blake's 7 when I was a bairn, a cracking TV show.

I happened to see a repeat on Dave I think it was, and it was terrible! Had they somehow upgraded it to HD, the show itself simply didn't age well. Had they remade though, it may capture the 'spirit' of the original show but doubt it would capture the 'magic' of watching it when it was new.

That would be my fear over video game remasters/reboots.
  • Magikf1ngers
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:

That's exactly right.

I may show my age a bit here, but let's take Battlestar Galactica as an example.  If they had just "remastered" it - it'd have not aged well.  What was a fun show in the late '70s that only lasted a season or two and developed that following would now be considered a cheesy Spaceballs type of show, even though it wasn't designed that way.  

However - when the SyFy channel rebooted it, gave it a new vision - it was a blockbuster hit that people still talk about, still watch any time it's aired, and still love.  

There's a couple of previous Battlefield titles I'd love to see a reboot done of - BF: BC2 and 2142.  (I wouldn't mind BF: Vietnam either) However - I don't want to see just a 'remaster' of those.  Personally - I'd love to see them step away from Frostbite and develop a new game engine that .. you know .. actually works as good as it looks.  Then start from the ground up again.

BF:V and BF:1 (at least BF1 to me) were bitter disappointments compared to earlier versions.  It's not just the tangible - no anti-cheat, team balance, endless bugs, endless balance changes, etc - it's that in earlier versions when you could rent a server, you could build a community around that server.  It was fun, it brought people together, to the point where my clan actually had physical team get-together events where folks would travel here from a long way off.  (e.g. - we had a guy travel here to Seattle area from Alaska, another came up from California, etc.)

That feeling of community is gone - and until they can capture what they had before, until they can restore the features they've taken away including server rentals - it's all going to just be 'remasters' instead of 'reboot'. 

• Filipinojo
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would love to see a Battlefield Bad Company 2/Vietnam DLC remaster...or even Battlefield 3...Why not release something like this while a new title is still at least a year away. Give the battlefield community something fun to play while we wait for the next release. There have been so many remasters done in that past year or so by other developers and I don't understand why they have not done anything when clearly we all want it.  It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Even some of the other past battlefield titles you guys have mentioned would be great. It is obviously clear by now no one liked battlefield 5 and it was, in my opinion, the worst battlefield I've ever played. It was a complete joke. I tried liking it too. It'st just not possible. Just remaster those older titles already. Period. End of story.
  • Magikf1ngers
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would love to see a Battlefield Bad Company 2/Vietnam DLC remaster...or even Battlefield 3...Why not release something like this while a new title is still at least a year away. Give the battlefield community something fun to play while we wait for the next release. There have been so many remasters done in that past year or so by other developers and I don't understand why they have not done anything when clearly we all want it.  It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Even some of the other past battlefield titles you guys have mentioned would be great. It is obviously clear by now no one liked battlefield 5 and it was, in my opinion, the worst battlefield I've ever played. It was a complete joke. I tried liking it too. It'st just not possible. Just remaster those older titles already. Period. End of story.
    While Battlefield V wasn't my favorite - by far it wasn't the worst.  Hardline, BF1 (and I know my opinion on BF1 isn't the same as most) win that title.  

That being said - it's also a bit of work to remaster games.  Case in point - there's a "remaster" of Half-Life that's available where they do the original half-life on the source engine, and all they did was the minimum work needed, and it's awful.  To see a masterpiece like Half Life look like that is disheartening at best.  I'd rather not have a remaster than have a bad one.  

It's a matter of resources and time.  Do they have the resources and time, when they're working on the next version?  Probably not - not with all the gimmicky cosmetics and the like that you can only get through micro transactions.  They don't even have time for anti-cheat, server balancing, switching sides, and a server rental platform - features that were all robust in the past (not perfect, but they worked) - and they took them out of the game for some reason, likely so they could concentrate on micro transactions that have pointless nonsense for the game.  Oh - and adding nonsense mechanics like knee sliding.  

So yeah - if they could drop the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ stuff and get back to what Battlefield was - then they could probably churn out a decent remaster in a year or so.  As it stands?  I wouldn't hold my breath. 

• Icemangooo
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Battlefield 3 hands down, would love to see that remastered (especially for consoles, next gen)
  • ragnarok013
    3776 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Battlefield 3 hands down, would love to see that remastered (especially for consoles, next gen)

Icemangooo on PC BF3 is still a great looking game that is fun to play however I would really like servers with a modern tick rate.
  • Trokey66
  • klikard
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 13
    EA_Tom said:

BFBC1 easy with current day player/character control. Getting a bit tierd of playing campaign on PS3 emulator and empty servers on PS3 :P Best overall battlefield IMO. Basicly BFBC1/BF4 is the best battlefield games i played to date. And i have played every single battlefield game/expansion/dlc avalible. "over 15 year battlefield veteran now hehe"