Buff bolt-action rifles. They are toy BB guns.

Comments

• Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Rifles are perfectly fine in this game if you can actually aim and were just recently buffed to muzzle velocities that actually seem acceptable for a high powered rifle.
    Sniper rifles are more overpowered than ever in this game. 

Lol, no, they're not. With the recent muzzle velocity buff, rifles just reached a point where they're ALMOST as effective as rifles were in BF1942-BF2. That's, rifles with nearly 1000m/s velocity and only capable of an OHK if it's to the head. I say "almost as effective" because rifles in those other games did upward of 90~ damage per body shot, which BF5 doesn't even come close to.

We've had WAY more powerful iterations of rifles in BF games. In BC2 you could OHK with body shots from 0m to 15m (even on limbs), and they had the M95 that could literally shoot drivers out of armored cars and blow up helicopters.

In BF3 and BF4, rifles could OHK with chest shots from 0 to 12.5m, and had things like 14x, 20x, and 40x scopes, lasers to increase hip fire stats, target finders that tell you how far away an enemy is, and the most extensive and easy to use distance zeroing system in any BF game to date. It also had two pickup sniper rifles, one of which was a semi auto 50 cal that OHKd everything, and another of which was a literal Rail Gun that could OHK infantry with splash damage and destroy vehicles.

BF Hardline rifles OHK from 0 to 12m and they had the .300 Knockout that could OHK with chest shots up to 30-40m.

BF1 had probably the most powerful rifles in the entire franchise, wherein they were all set up with a "sweet spot" mechanic that allowed OHKs at a myriad of ranges, and all rifles had decent muzzle velocity (sort of similar to BF5s rifles right now).

In saying all that - before the muzzle velocity buff, BF5 had objectively some of the weakest rifles in the franchise, and all the buff did was make some rifles more worthwhile, they still don't even do as much damage per shot as other non-OHK-capable rifles in older BF titles.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6309 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE said:
    (Quote)
    It's a post from a typical support camper who can't supress and spray sniper across the map with MMG. That's it.
    Who said Im complaining about the lack of supression effect? Im just stating a fact not complaining. Learn the difference.
    Supression is an awful mechanic and should have never been in any bf game. That's a fact.
  • Terminator000001
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    (Quote)
    which just mean that they are better than bad now :joy:

They were already before the velocity buff. Alone from not getting supressed like in previous titles made them much stronger.

Stick to your planes then.

BFV are not stronger or better than past even with new velocity.

BF3/4 had quickdraw ability compared to current and they had a 12 to 15m sweet spot.
    BF1 rifle where fine with how quick a body shot could heal.
    /s BFV is so super op /s off. Higher drag and low velocity indicates that rifles should be used at below 100m. However low ADS damage, high hipfire spread, ROF and draw times makes that difficult to do.

What did DICE do to make them so called OP now buffed velocity for better range on targets and add snap-to for controllers.

SAR where and are more OP, yet any to changes BA cause Victoria falls to run.

Then the rest of option get even more stupid.
    AMR bipod only, with massive spread and slow draw time all you can do is camp.
    SLR are so niche your better playing either a BA or PC.
    PC my only complaint is the distance TTK is not good, either BTK or ROF needs changing.

I just don't think that's very fair if you land first your hits on a sniper, you even hit him 3 times already, but the sniper still has the time to jerk off and gives you a headshot.

I can't even count that anymore how often that happens and how much I did this to other people. That body shots don't OHK at full health is at least something good about them. But then there're ZH-29 and Selbstlader 1906.
  • fragnstein
    835 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Supression is an awful mechanic and should have never been in any bf game. That's a fact.

Sounds like an opinion, not a fact
  • talhaONE
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Its not a fact, its your opinion. Bf3 was one of the most succesful bf game yet had the insane amount of supression effect.

• Kunstula
    473 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall said:
    Rifles are perfectly fine in this game if you can actually aim
    And by that you mean go for headshots I take it?
    If only this was required for all weapon classes and not just bolt action rifles, then there would probably be no balance problem at all.
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Kunstula wrote: »
    (Quote)

And by that you mean go for headshots I take it?If only this was required for all weapon classes and not just bolt action rifles, then there would probably be no balance problem at all.

No, by that I mean you land the majority of your shots and can generally hit enemies when you need to. Because by design of bolt action rifles alone, missing a shot is significantly more punishing than it is with other weapon types, which is why rifles do significantly more damage per shot and are the only weapons capable of OHK headshots at all ranges and are undeniably the most accurate weapons in the entire arsenal.

The issue here lies in the fact that any given average BF player throughout the past 5 titles in the franchise have barely maintained 25-30% accuracy with rifles and couldn't hit a follow up shot to save their lives (literally).

Most people sucking with rifles doesn't constitute a buff or dictate that rifles are worthless. There are tons of players who make rifles work in this game, including myself.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6309 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE said:
    (Quote)

Its not a fact, its your opinion. Bf3 was one of the most succesful bf game yet had the insane amount of supression effect.

Here is another fact for you: bf3 was successful not because supression is in there. But keep brining funny arguments. I enjoy reading those.
  • talhaONE
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 3
    (Quote)
    Here is another fact for you: bf3 was successful not because supression is in there. But keep brining funny arguments. I enjoy reading those.

An another fact for you: I dont care what you enjoy.

Also supression heavily affected gun fights of Bf3. It wouldnt be succesful if supression is really a garbage mechanic.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    talhaONE said:
    (Quote)

Also supression heavily affected gun fights of Bf3. It wouldnt be succesful if supression is really a garbage mechanic.
    But it is. It awards player for being inaccurate and not being able to land his shots. Which is dumb and makes 0 sense.
    Yet somehow it's great and pure bf experience. 
    But in reality it always goes this way: if I don't like something it's bad. If I like something it's great. And overall my opinion > your opinion just because.
  • Loqtrall
    talhaONE wrote: »

Suppression was a heavily criticized mechanic in BF3 during its time as the active, current BF title. One could easily search and find a myriad of threads criticizing suppression in the BF3 Battlelog forums of olde.

It's like claiming that BF4 having 2d minimap spotting that marked you on the map every time you fired your gun couldn't have been a bad or heavily criticized mechanic because BF4 was a successful game. There's no logic in that.

Suppression has been criticized and argued over in every iteration of BF its been featured in, including its effects in BF5.
  • Terminator000001
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

It was popular, because the CoD kids hat Metro and Noshar TDM. 🦆
  • Plucky6922
    489 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is the first Battlefield game where I have actually enjoyed playing as Recon/sniping.
    Enjoyable as is, in my opinion.
  • talhaONE
    (Quote)
    But it is. It awards player for being inaccurate and not being able to land his shots. Which is dumb and makes 0 sense.
    Yet somehow it's great and pure bf experience. 
    But in reality it always goes this way: if I don't like something it's bad. If I like something it's great. And overall my opinion > your opinion just because.
    Well supression effect is mostly exist because of the real life reasons. In real life there is a thing called supressive fire. That effect did a good job at representing it.

• Magikf1ngers
    253 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sgt_Dogo said:
    I don't see any reason to buff them.  Sniper rifles do a ton of damage when you score a good hit, and that's how a sniper works.  One clean shot - then move off to a new location.  The abuse of the sniper class in this game is rampant.  I get so tired of joining a game only to be put on the losing side, and having half the team snipers, and most of them camping and shooting from our own spawn.  (That's also the exact same complaint I have about the way most seem to play armor)

I don't have the patience to play sniper often, so I don't.  Mostly just to get the daily assignments.  I just don't see a reason to buff them when they fill their niche and people don't understand what that niche is.
    I'm not at all saying "buff snipers". I think there should be a class of infantry bolt-actions that don't use sniper scopes that can actually be competitive against all the automatic rifles and shotguns that dominate the game. We need some love for the infantry riflemen as it's a WW2 game after all. Rifles were the weapons of WW2, every soldier didn't run around with shotguns and assault rifles like in this game.
    They also didn't use bolt-action rifles as infantry.  They used the M1 Garand and rifles like that, then around the time of D-Day, the Thompson was used, the Browning Automatic Rifle was used for the Automatic Rifleman in the squad, etc.  The  British used the Lee Enfield at first, but then switched over to a semi-automatic weapon early-on, delegating the Lee Enfield .303 to a sniper role.  

That's why I assumed you're talking snipers.  
  • InS_Hypno
    599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE said:
    (Quote)

supression was not one of the thing people remember BF3 
    It was a terrible mechanic
    There's a reason the m16a3 was one the most used weapons 
    It because it was bugged for most of the lifetime of the game and didn't get suppressed
  • talhaONE
    edited April 3
    InS_Hypno wrote: »
    (Quote)
    supression was not one of the thing people remember BF3 
    It was a terrible mechanic
    There's a reason the m16a3 was one the most used weapons 
    It because it was bugged for most of the lifetime of the game and didn't get suppressed

M16 brokenness has nothing to do with supression. It was bugged just Usas 12 frag.
  • Woodlbrad
    744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They’re fine now after the velocity buff the pistol carbines are in a far worse place.
  • InS_Hypno
    599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    the bug of the m16 was that it wasn't affected by suppresion
    The value in the game file was left at 0 for no reason
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Some people think suppression effects are rewarding bad players who can't aim, but the same can be said of a player who is poorly positioned yet can take 3-4-5 rounds yet still easily aim and shoot back. That is also dumb.