Buff bolt-action rifles. They are toy BB guns.

Comments

• Jayjonah916
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bolt action rifle is under powered for sure.  on that note, one shot kill should be implemented, but only at really close range... and i mean only if it is like a few steps away.  However, most people don't seem to know the secret of the bolt action rifles.  I will just say this... The key to playing these rifle is in using only iron sights at close range but practice being fast... really fast, and go for body shots unless your target is not moving.  Only noobs play bolt action rifles from afar using scopes due to the glint.

I know a noob sniper when i see one.  They usually have a scope glint.

The scariest sniper is the one with no glint, the one that you can't really see, he's fast, accurate, and most of the time, he is right by you.
    agreed, from close to long range. Bolt Actions are in a pretty good spot. Especially with Irons as you can see from below

• Hawxxeye
    7775 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ^ console aim assist maybe?
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1106 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »

The first one definitely looks like it.
  • RealAshWilliams
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 4
    Sgt_Dogo said:
    Please buff bolt action rifle damage or make a class of rifles that can't be used with a sniper scope if people want to cry about balance and make them 1 shot chest shots as they should be. The current bolt-actions are like shooting toy BB guns, it's pretty tragic to hit someone 3 times with a bolt action to kill them and it's the main reason why I rarely play this game over Post Scriptum and similar games is the garbage bolt-actions. Please buff them.
    No, the parties are often infested with snipers like Breakthrough so no.
    And the last patch there was a buff on some bolt action rifles.
  • Hawxxeye
    7775 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 4
    Sgt_Dogo said:
    Please buff bolt action rifle damage or make a class of rifles that can't be used with a sniper scope if people want to cry about balance and make them 1 shot chest shots as they should be. The current bolt-actions are like shooting toy BB guns, it's pretty tragic to hit someone 3 times with a bolt action to kill them and it's the main reason why I rarely play this game over Post Scriptum and similar games is the garbage bolt-actions. Please buff them.
    Instead of a buff I would call that an major injustice being dealt with.
    As said by others, the minimum damage is still lousy and meant for the BFV alpha attrition levels. Most people agree that OHK chest is too much but the max- min bodyshot damage should be closer to the 90s or the 80s than the 60s
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In past games, and I'm thinking bf2 here, wasn't min damage related to the guns rof. So a the semi auto was like 60 due to being able to quickly follow up with a second shot, but the slow rof 50cal was 90
  • Jayjonah916
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    Second one wasnt, as far as I know. Aim assist caps out at a specific distance

First might have been. dunno. but bolt action still feels powerful regardless
  • InS_Hypno
    599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    Sgt_Dogo said:
    As said by others, the minimum damage is still lousy and meant for the BFV alpha attrition levels. Most people agree that OHK chest is too much but the max- min bodyshot damage should be closer to the 90s or the 80s than the 60s
    With the current health attrition getting tagged by a sniper would mean dying 20 seconds later because YOU ARE SPOTTED and you get forced into a fight with low HP
  • Hawxxeye
    edited April 5
    InS_Hypno said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    Sgt_Dogo said:
    With the current health attrition getting tagged by a sniper would mean dying 20 seconds later because YOU ARE SPOTTED and you get forced into a fight with low HP
    That is rarely the case for me. I just take cover until it the spotting goes away. Very few people stick around an exposed place after the first shot.
    The SLRs do similar damage and also apply the spotting. There is not enough gain for what is lost for using a BA rifle.
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    InS_Hypno said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    Sgt_Dogo said:
    That's the purpose of the med pack to use in these circumstances. Because med packs are basically 10 a penny in game, we (or I) tend  to use them all the time to top up my health even if it's at say 80 or 90, because I know I will either get killed or come across or get given more med packs very quickly. Where as I assume the intention way back when, was to use them more strategically. 
  • InS_Hypno
    599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 5
    Hawxxeye said:
    InS_Hypno said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    Sgt_Dogo said:
    That is rarely the case for me. I just take cover until it the spotting goes away. Very few people stick around an exposed place after the first shot.
    The SLRs do similar damage and also apply the spotting. There is not enough gain for what is lost for using a BA rifle.
    It means at least 10 seconds of not being able to take any gunfight
    And yeah you do get run down by 1/2/3 randoms when you get tagged and you're the only thing people see on the minimap

ninjapenquinuk said:
    That's the purpose of the med pack to use in these circumstances. Because med packs are basically 10 a penny in game, we (or I) tend  to use them all the time to top up my health even if it's at say 80 or 90, because I know I will either get killed or come across or get given more med packs very quickly. Where as I assume the intention way back when, was to use them more strategically. 
    With the proposed buff 80 even 90 HP wouldn't matter, you would still get OS in the body by the sniper 

• ninjapenquinuk
    InS_Hypno said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    InS_Hypno said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    Sgt_Dogo said:
    And yeah you do get run down by 1/2/3 randoms when you get tagged and you're the only thing people see on the minimap

ninjapenquinuk said:
    With the proposed buff 80 even 90 HP wouldn't matter, you would still get OS in the body by the sniper 

That's why things cannot be changed in isolation, and one reason why BFV is in such a mess. The game was originally designed with one vision in mind, only for that vision to change, but only partial changes to mechanics, and weapons/vehicles were made.

You are right, with how easy sniping is in BFV (headshots aren't easy but hitting an enemy is) having 80 or 90 min damage is dumb and will result in many, many ohk with body shots. In previous  games sniping was a lot harder, so having some guns with such a high min damage was fine as it wasn't so easy to hit someone even in the torso.
  • InS_Hypno
    edited April 5
    Your comment is waiting approval
  • StealthAria
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    wtf are you even talking about? you asked for 3x magnification on iron sights and now you say players using 3x magnification are "noobs". you just want the same magnification as all other players, but unlike them you don't want to suffer the negative aspects that come with the magnification. i mean 3x magnification on an iron sight lmao. it seems like if anything, you are the noob. 

You can run a 3x on any weapon without glint, as long as it isn't a Scout weapon.

G43? No glint on the 3x.
    STG44? No glint on the 3x.
    Lewis Gun? No glint on the 3x.
    Garand? No glint on the 3x.
    Jungle Carbine? No glint on the 3x.
    KE7? No glint on the 3x.
    FG42? No glint on the 3x.
    Agm/42? No glint on the 3x.
    Turner SMLE? No glint on the 3x.

Lee-Enfield? Glint on the 3x.
    Gewher M95/30? Glint on the 3x.
    Trench Carbine? Glint on the 3x.
    RSC? Glint on the 3x.
    Model 8? Glint on the 3x.

Tell me, where's the balance, when every gun is just as accurate at 600m as a BA, and maintain TtKs of less tha 1second at minimum damage, all except the ones that are actually intended for long range?

If you have the skill to snap to headshots at long range and actually land them with a BA, you'll have a much better time and better stats if you use any other class instead.

Im Well aware of this and thinks its a stupid design choice as well. I'm all for the removal of 3x scope glint on sniper rifles especially considering that medics bolt action carabine don't suffer this. what I find stupid is that the guy is asking for 3x on iron sights and then goes and calls people using proper 3x scopes "noobs". so in conclusion all the positives that a 3x provides he wants as well, he just doesn't want the negatives. and then he goes and calls people noobs that actually chose to accept the negative effects and challenge themselves more? this is simply ridiculous...
    3x irons would actually be worse than a 3x scope, especially with the sights on most of the BAs, massive, blocky front posts that rise no more than a few mils above a body made cartoonishly massive by poor perspective positioning.

The only downside to using a 3x scope is currently purely the glint for Scout
  • Hawxxeye
    edited April 5
    InS_Hypno said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    InS_Hypno said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    Sgt_Dogo said:

ninjapenquinuk said:

That's why things cannot be changed in isolation, and one reason why BFV is in such a mess. The game was originally designed with one vision in mind, only for that vision to change, but only partial changes to mechanics, and weapons/vehicles were made.

You are right, with how easy sniping is in BFV (headshots aren't easy but hitting an enemy is) having 80 or 90 min damage is dumb and will result in many, many ohk with body shots. In previous  games sniping was a lot harder, so having some guns with such a high min damage was fine as it wasn't so easy to hit someone even in the torso.
    I will give you that it is easier to hit a completely stationary target in BFV than other titles.
    But at the same times it is harder than ever to hit an evasive target in BFV with that crazy strafing. So it cancels out.
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • Woodlbrad
    744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 6
    They need some more versatility buff pistol carbines and maybe AT rifle dmg vs tanks slightly. Gadget slot 2 sucks for recon this game suffers a lot with boring to nearly useless gadgets if you’re not playing assault class.
    Post edited by Woodlbrad on
  • MarxistDictator
    5251 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    InS_Hypno wrote: »
    There's a reason the m16a3 was one the most used weapons 
    It because it was bugged for most of the lifetime of the game and didn't get suppressed

Huh, that's new to me. 🦆

It was actually more accurate under suppression if recoil was not a factor, since it had its base spread multiplied by 0.5 instead of the 1.5 penalty everything else got. At least that’s how I remember it being explained when people pulled things for you.
  • Sgt_Dogo
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 6
    Sgt_Dogo said:
    I don't see any reason to buff them.  Sniper rifles do a ton of damage when you score a good hit, and that's how a sniper works.  One clean shot - then move off to a new location.  The abuse of the sniper class in this game is rampant.  I get so tired of joining a game only to be put on the losing side, and having half the team snipers, and most of them camping and shooting from our own spawn.  (That's also the exact same complaint I have about the way most seem to play armor)

I don't have the patience to play sniper often, so I don't.  Mostly just to get the daily assignments.  I just don't see a reason to buff them when they fill their niche and people don't understand what that niche is.
    I'm not at all saying "buff snipers". I think there should be a class of infantry bolt-actions that don't use sniper scopes that can actually be competitive against all the automatic rifles and shotguns that dominate the game. We need some love for the infantry riflemen as it's a WW2 game after all. Rifles were the weapons of WW2, every soldier didn't run around with shotguns and assault rifles like in this game.
    They also didn't use bolt-action rifles as infantry.  They used the M1 Garand and rifles like that, then around the time of D-Day, the Thompson was used, the Browning Automatic Rifle was used for the Automatic Rifleman in the squad, etc.  The  British used the Lee Enfield at first, but then switched over to a semi-automatic weapon early-on, delegating the Lee Enfield .303 to a sniper role.  

That's why I assumed you're talking snipers.  
    Are you kidding? I'm not talking about the Americans on D-Day.... The Karabiner 98k was the standard issue weapon for the Wehrmacht. According to wiki 14,000,000 were produce and used by German soldiers so you clearly don't know your WW2 history.
  • xKusagamix
    1191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BARs are now "fine", they're not any better than previous games, in fact BARs in BFV is the worst ever in the history of this franchise ever since the Frostbite enegine era.

The overall movement of BARs is far too slow for a game that has a fast pace.
    Bullet velocity after the buff for BARs just bring them as fast as an MMG (M1919A2 also has 900ms bullet velocity with spec upgrade). And that come with lower magnefication scopes, even BF1 has 10x scope.
    If you're an aggressive BARs player you should know by now that Medic carbines are far better.
    And people with SLRs/SARs should hide from you at long range instead of trying to pick you up, they should be outranged. 
    Not only Snipers benefit from no scope sway and random bullet deviation so it's not that easy to hit people abusing the ADAD movement, since the head movement and soldier acceleration speed are ridiculous.

I don't mind the damage model, you shouldn't OHK torso anyway with anygun (excluding Anti-Tank rifles).
    So in the end, BARs are no good at close range because Medic carbines are much better, they're somewhat usable at mid range against other rifles and just fine at long range against SLRs/SARs/Medic Carbine.
    If you find it's enjoyable, sure it is after the lastest buff, but it's not excel at anything and you'll find yourself better with other guns.

Recon in BFV also has the worst gadgets ever and people keep complaining about how broken the Aerial flare is. Meanwhile i would trade anything for Mortar strike and sensor ball/BF1's ground flare.
  • Sgt_Dogo
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I had a thought. Why not add some bolt-actions to the Assault class such as a Kar98k or variant of it that can't be used as a sniper obviously and give them 1 shot to the torso capabilities at close to medium range to make them competitive against the crazy OP shotguns and automatic rifles. This would add so much fun to the game and bring in more players. Please give the Kar98K the respect it deserves dice!.