Buff bolt-action rifles. They are toy BB guns.

Comments

• talhaONE
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Big headshot hitbox + no suppression + being able to shoot through wall and still OS + aim assist with scope on console is worst than sweetspot ... 
    Sometimes 90% of the server is playing recon, it need to stop.
    Sniperfield is totally out of control and need a HUGE nerf to stop this mess
    Head hitboxes are same with bf4.

Supression is non existent on every gun not just snipers.

Aim assist exist on every gun.

I really want to see that match 90% of players use recon. All I see is Assault and medic.

• DingoKillr
    4352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 9
    talhaONE wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Big headshot hitbox + no suppression + being able to shoot through wall and still OS + aim assist with scope on console is worst than sweetspot ... 

I really want to see that match 90% of players use recon. All I see is Assault and medic.

Head hit boxes are bigger than BF1 but smaller than BF4. It makes it just as easy for other weapons too.

If people don't like headshot maybe they should put 1HK location centre chest.

Edited: a mistake.
    Post edited by DingoKillr on
  • StealthAria
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE said:
    Sniper rifles are more overpowered than ever in this game. 
    Bf1 *cough* *cough*

You can't actually wallbang with snipers though, they have the worst penetration stats in the game.  No joke, they drop off to doing 20 damage headshots if they so much as clip a leaf.  By comparison, SARs are still doing 30+ on a headshot after punching through several centimeters of wood and plaster.
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE said:
    (Quote)

Drunkzee said it was the same as BF4 in the alpha/beta ( in BF1 they were smaller to compensate with random bullet deviation )  but now they are bigger than any other BF in a certain cituation : When you see enemy facing you, HS hitbox is extended to the shoulder  ( doesnt work if he is not facing you ) like this : 

And with aim assist on console, it just point and clic ... 

Weak spot of recon was suppression in previous BF,  now playing recon is just easy mode ( bullet drop and velocity weren't the same in BF4 / BF1 and + 100m sniping was not that easy, especialy when aiming for the head ) and guess what they just buff in the last patch ? Velocity and bullet drop ...  :D
    The lead gameplay designer is a recon player, 99% of his play-time is with recon , do you need a drawing or you've understand where this pointing ... ? 

So i re-say it , having a bigger HS hitbox + no bullet drop + high velocity it's worst than having a range sweetspot ! When hitbox is the same size as the upper body + fast bullet's velocity and almost no bullet drop it's like having an easy sweetspot at all range. + you can OS enemy through wall with bolt action -> TOTALY OP

Bro do you even play on console ? In some mode ( break through / rush ) with the aim assist , 90% of servers are full of recon ... The reason ? When you are in the defence team , the enemy team come from only one direction ( and so is facing you ), and for all the reasons listed above -> THE RESULT IS THAT BOLT ACTION ARE OP !

i launch a game in break through and i will edit this post to share the first match i join. you'll see that this game is an out-of-control sniperfest on ps4... 

• xKusagamix
    1191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 8
    talhaONE said:
    (Quote)

THE RESULT IS THAT BOLT ACTION ARE OP !
    Good lord, stop reading there. How about you get off the planes and try playing with BARs first?
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE said:

Here you go : https://www.casimages.com/i/200408015902132002.png.html ...  :*
  • xKusagamix
    1191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 8
    talhaONE said:

Here you go : https://www.casimages.com/i/200408015902132002.png.html ...  :*
    Nice try, but all i can count is 28 Recon players (which is 46% out of 61 players in your image) and only 12 of those Recon players have a positive K/D (which is 42.86% out of 28 Recon players).

So by fact provided by yourself, i can call your arguement is invalid.
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h

Good lord, stop reading there. How about you get off the planes and try playing with BARs first?
    I will come back to infantry when we will stop dying at cover / in one frame and when visibility will be fixed on console.
    I've tried the bar is not a viable weapon, can't kill more than 2 -3 guy in one mag, and it can't compete vs all the Fast firing weapons ...   ;)
    Playing support is a bad choice since there is no effective suppression in this game. Damage at range is the same as medic and assault have more firepower ( except if you use MMG ) but if you do, you make an easy target for all the sniperfest community... :*

So maybe next christmas holiday when they will up the TTK or when this game stop being a sniperfest or if they remove totally the health attrition , Then maybe i will give infantry another try ...  ;)

• xKusagamix

I will come back to infantry when we will stop dying at cover / in one frame and when visibility will be fixed on console.
    I've tried the bar is not a viable weapon, can't kill more than 2 -3 guy in one mag, and it can't compete vs all the Fast firing weapons ...   ;)
    Playing support is a bad choice since there is no effective suppression in this game. Damage at range is the same as medic and assault have more firepower ( except if you use MMG ) but if you do, you make an easy target for all the sniperfest community... :*

So maybe next christmas holiday when they will up the TTK or when this game stop being a sniperfest or if they remove totally the health attrition , Then maybe i will give infantry another try ...  ;)

So you're saying that you're acknowledge that BARs are not a viabale weapon at the same time saying it's OP?
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    No the bar is not OP, it's far from that ...  :D 
    It has the better rof of LMG ( so it's a close range weapon ) but it can't compete vs fast firing Smg/ AR and fast firing semi auto rifle at close range, so it's not a viable choice  ;)

• StealthAria
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 8
    talhaONE said:
    (Quote)

Drunkzee said it was the same as BF4 in the alpha/beta ( in BF1 they were smaller to compensate with random bullet deviation )  but now they are bigger than any other BF in a certain cituation : When you see enemy facing you, HS hitbox is extended to the shoulder  ( doesnt work if he is not facing you ) like this : 

And with aim assist on console, it just point and clic ... 

Weak spot of recon was suppression in previous BF,  now playing recon is just easy mode ( bullet drop and velocity weren't the same in BF4 / BF1 and + 100m sniping was not that easy, especialy when aiming for the head ) and guess what they just buff in the last patch ? Velocity and bullet drop ...  :D
    The lead gameplay designer is a recon player, 99% of his play-time is with recon , do you need a drawing or you've understand where this pointing ... ? 

So i re-say it , having a bigger HS hitbox + no bullet drop + high velocity it's worst than having a range sweetspot ! When hitbox is the same size as the upper body + fast bullet's velocity and almost no bullet drop it's like having an easy sweetspot at all range. + you can OS enemy through wall with bolt action -> TOTALY OP

Bro do you even play on console ? In some mode ( break through / rush ) with the aim assist , 90% of servers are full of recon ... The reason ? When you are in the defence team , the enemy team come from only one direction ( and so is facing you ), and for all the reasons listed above -> THE RESULT IS THAT BOLT ACTION ARE OP !

i launch a game in break through and i will edit this post to share the first match i join. you'll see that this game is an out-of-control sniperfest on ps4... 

Nice try, I can see you repositioned to actually line up the headshot between the first two images.  Just look at that doorway and the sectioning of the wall, it looks like you actually had that shot centered perfectly on his nose when you pulled that trigger.
    The recoil would not rotate you 6.8° CCW and shift your physical position right 2.5 meters.
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    it's an optical illusion because image is not cut / zoomed the same way
  • StealthAria
    it's an optical illusion because image is not cut / zoomed the same way
    Overlay the images, they overlap almost perfectly, except that wall and doorframe, and the shift is not consistent with a simple zoom change.  Not to mention they're both through the same scope, and the zoom does not change while scoped in.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aiyl307eL8EG7Wu7E1jCnh3_WZic
    Just a quick overlay clip showing how your excuse doesn't work.
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
     Just an alligned overlay for showing you how to do an overlay ... (minimap alligned / same zoom on the 2 picture )   :*

what is your excuse now ? 
  • The_BERG_366
    2781 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    (Quote)

Head hit boxes are bigger than BF4 but smaller than BF1. It makes it just as easy for other weapons too.

source? I highly doubt that the bf1 headshot hitboxes where bigger than in bf4 and bfv.
  • StealthAria
    edited April 9
     Just an alligned overlay for showing you how to do an overlay ... (minimap alligned / same zoom on the 2 picture )   :*

Yep, just use the recoil on the gun to hide the fact the perspective changed.  There's a reason I used the environment to align the images, alignment should get more divergent as you move away from the focus and have offset mirrored around the center if it really is just the zoom and cropping as you claim, but instead the offset is consistent and isn't mirrored around anything.
    If it was simply zoom, as you so claim, you should be able to get the two environments to realign perfectly by playing around with the scaling of the images.

So let's look at the facts here: the door frame you're aiming through (on the right) shifts slightly to the right, and as you move further away from your position everything skews further and further to the right, ultimately resulting in an entire wall segment disappearing behind the shifted door frame, meanwhile we get a better view through the far door and find that *gasp* the entire contents of it have changed, as if the environment on the other side shifted a great deal.

You can't get away with that kind of BS with me, it's my job to construct 3D models from 2D images, I know how angles change with perspective and FoV.
  • DingoKillr
    4352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    (Quote)

Head hit boxes are bigger than BF4 but smaller than BF1. It makes it just as easy for other weapons too.

source? I highly doubt that the bf1 headshot hitboxes where bigger than in bf4 and bfv.

Sorry, my mistake I wrote the wrong away around.
    BFV is smaller than BF4.
    BF1 is smaller than BFV.

I can't quite source as to long ago.
  • InS_Hypno
    599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 9

literally this is just one shot out of millions
    lag can explain this
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h

Yep, just use the recoil on the gun to hide the fact the perspective changed.  There's a reason I used the environment to align the images, alignment should get more divergent as you move away from the focus and have offset mirrored around the center if it really is just the zoom and cropping as you claim, but instead the offset is consistent and isn't mirrored around anything.
    If it was simply zoom, as you so claim, you should be able to get the two environments to realign perfectly by playing around with the scaling of the images.

So let's look at the facts here: the door frame you're aiming through (on the right) shifts slightly to the right, and as you move further away from your position everything skews further and further to the right, ultimately resulting in an entire wall segment disappearing behind the shifted door frame, meanwhile we get a better view through the far door and find that *gasp* the entire contents of it have changed, as if the environment on the other side shifted a great deal.

You can't get away with that kind of BS with me, it's my job to construct 3D models from 2D images, I know how angles change with perspective and FoV.
    I've just alligned the thing that don't move ( the HUD with the minimap ) and zoom the image to the same scale , visual artefacts created is because of recoil ( crossbar remain in the middle of the screen ) but you can see that shot is fired not on the enemy and it made a headshot  ... ;)
  • StealthAria
    edited April 9

I've just alligned the thing that don't move ( the HUD with the minimap ) and zoom the image to the same scale , visual artefacts created is because of recoil ( crossbar remain in the middle of the screen ) but you can see that shot is fired not on the enemy and it made a headshot  ... ;)
    It goes beyond visual artefacting.  No matter how you rotate the view in BFV, it doesn't actually move the camera as the view originates from a central point right on the rotational axiis and not an offset point.  Because of this, and the way it handles scope zoom, you should not have a different perspective on anything from just firing your gun, if there was no movement on your part, the two would overlap perfectly just by overlapping one environmental piece.  Differences in zoom can be compensated for with basic image scaling, and would have resulted in nothing overlapping perfectly unless the scale was adjusted to match, at which point it would again all line up perfectly with nothing out of place.
    Instead, we have both environments fitting over each other almost (but not quite!) perfectly if you focus on just 1 object, but then everything else is misaligned.
    The game isn't going to just suddenly warp your position right as you shoot, and the recoil isnt going to cause artefacting that throws the entire map out of alignment or bend light around corners.

You can test all this in-game yourself, park yourself at a corner and start looking around without moving.  You dont suddenly see around the corner better as you look away from it, and you dont see over cover any better by tilting your head to the sky.
    The only time turning actually moves the camera is when you turn beyond a certain range in prone/supine.