Buff bolt-action rifles. They are toy BB guns.

Comments

• THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There is no movement, it's not a paralax distortion,  it's visual distortion because of recoil only.
    He had try to allign environement for demonstrate that there is paralax  ( but he was thinking the 2 images where a the same size, same cut ) ...  i'm just saying there is no paralax because the HUD is not at the same place in his exemple, in game the HUD never change of place.  + No movement on the compass and no movement on the minimap so no paralax confirmed. 

Recoil makes the camera go up and left, so you can see the roof of the truck and less of the wall on the right in the second picture.
    On the second picture you can also see in the background that the text on wall getting closer from the wall on the right at foregrond.
    THE RECOIL IS CREATING THIS VISUAL ILLUSION

For demonstration : place your thumb right in your vision field , try to hide an object with it  in vision field at 5-10m , now without moving the axis of your body and without moving your finger, rotate your head slightly to the left and slightly up by keeping the the fix on your thumb. Conclusion ? Now you can see the object who was behind your thumb , No paralax only perspective illusion 

• StealthAria
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 10
    There is no movement, it's not a paralax distortion,  it's visual distortion because of recoil only.
    He had try to allign environement for demonstrate that there is paralax  ( but he was thinking the 2 images where a the same size, same cut ) ...  i'm just saying there is no paralax because the HUD is not at the same place in his exemple, in game the HUD never change of place.  + No movement on the compass and no movement on the minimap so no paralax confirmed. 

Recoil makes the camera go up and left, so you can see the roof of the truck and less of the wall on the right in the second picture.
    On the second picture you can also see in the background that the text on wall getting closer from the wall on the right at foregrond.
    THE RECOIL IS CREATING THIS VISUAL ILLUSION

For demonstration : place your thumb right in your vision field , try to hide an object with it  in vision field at 5-10m , now without moving the axis of your body and without moving your finger, rotate your head slightly to the left and slightly up by keeping the the fix on your thumb. Conclusion ? Now you can see the object who was behind your thumb , No paralax only perspective illusion 

Except unlike in-game, your perspective does change as you turn your head.  In-game, a single camera sits right at the center of rotation, there is no movement to the camera from simple rotation.  IRL, your two eyes sit several centimeters in front of any rotational axis, and are even offset to the sides meaning even if you center your rotation perfectly around one eye, you still have your other eye seeing everything from a different angle.

Yes, the hud doesn't move, and that's exactly the issue with his overlay.  He's lining up the one thing on the screen that NEVER moves to try and say that it's only because of recoil, and then he just has a stationary image of the two overlapping with transparency on both set to 50% so you can't make out what details are from which image because nothing else lines up.  You can run across the entire map to take two completely different screenshots and all the HUD elements will still line up, and using even basic imaging software you can even make it look like the changes to the HUD never occurred.
    It's on par with posting a picture taken at 90km/h and insisting that the photo is stationary because the scratch on the lens is clearly visible.
    Post edited by StealthAria on
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bro D.I.Y , take the picture line up correctly with the same zoom on each ( use the minimap scale to find it ) and you will see that there is no movement ( even on the compass ) so no rotation , visual distortion is because of recoil that push up and left, that's all , now stop searching a reason, do it, make all the transparency work you want and you will see  :D

• RealAshWilliams
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 13
    Sgt_Dogo said:
    My god this community is full of casuals, no wonder BFV has less player base than every other WW2 shooter on Steam. If Dice would do the right thing and buff bolt-action to the way they should be then maybe some of those players would come back to BFV because lets face the fact, people play WW2 shooters for the bolt-action satisfaction, unlike you lot, the casual gamer scared of 1 shot bolt actions. 1 shot shotguns are fine but oh no not a balanced 1 shot bolt action that requires actual aim skill unlike a huge buckshot shotgun spread. You guys are such hypocrites. You know it's a good idea and you're just scared to admit it because it would add competition you don't want to deal with.

Actually, the game is often infested of snipers and so you want to make the situation worse?  
    An exemple : https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/fsfr5m/look_here_the_biggest_problem_with_bfv/

And no,so many players have left battlefield it's not because of difficult sniping lol . 
    Many clans left the game due to the removal of private servers (Procon & plugins). Moreover on battlefield 4 the most popular servers were the classics servers with sniper limit.
    And in battlefield 1, the players left the game because sniping was worse than battlefiled v.
    Post edited by RealAshWilliams on
  • Squad_Cohesion
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sure, buff bolt action rifles, BUT give them ACTUALLY SWAY so you have to USE the hold breath function.

Idk why DICE made the gunmechanics so easymode.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sure, buff bolt action rifles, BUT give them ACTUALLY SWAY so you have to USE the hold breath function.

Yup. It's obvious so many old devs have left because dice keep trying to reinvent the wheel due to lost knowledge. The only down side however is it will force the snipers to lay prone if they can No longer easily fire away whilst standing and seeing as the visibility in BFV is awful I'm not sure this would be welcomed.
  • Terminator000001
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Give them supression, that would solve even more.
  • Kunstula
    473 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

The big problem with suppression is that it works when you're not actually trying to suppress but to land a hit but miss.
    This leads to inaccurate fire frequently getting the upper hand against accurate fire, which is a pretty bad game mechanism according to a lot of players including myself.

• talhaONE
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Sway is non existent in every gun in game not just snipers. You want sway on BARs? Sure add sway to everything else too.
  • InS_Hypno
    599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 12
    talhaONE said:

Sway is non existent in every gun in game not just snipers. You want sway on BARs? Sure add sway to everything else too.
    Sway has always been a non-factor on everything but rifles with 6x and higher magnitudes
    Its not gonna do anything to the rest
  • Terminator000001
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kunstula wrote: »
    (Quote)

The big problem with suppression is that it works when you're not actually trying to suppress but to land a hit but miss.This leads to inaccurate fire frequently getting the upper hand against accurate fire, which is a pretty bad game mechanism according to a lot of players including myself.

And I think it's worse that a sniper can eat 3 bullets, but outtanks you with a headshot, because he didn't have any kind of penalty that he got hit or surpessed.
  • Kunstula
    473 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

The big problem with suppression is that it works when you're not actually trying to suppress but to land a hit but miss.This leads to inaccurate fire frequently getting the upper hand against accurate fire, which is a pretty bad game mechanism according to a lot of players including myself.

And I think it's worse that a sniper can eat 3 bullets, but outtanks you with a headshot, because he didn't have any kind of penalty that he got hit or surpessed.
    So apparently losing HP is not a penalty according to you.
    If you're so into penalties, what penalties should a player get from a non fatal hit from a sniper?
    Or is this penalty logic of yours a one way street against snipers?

• Terminator000001
    (Quote)

Like that matters if the sniper outtanked you with the headshot.
    If you're so into penalties, what penalties should a player get from a non fatal hit from a sniper?

Getting hit already spots you and supression should be for everyone.
  • DingoKillr
    4352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Like that matters if the sniper outtanked you with the headshot.

Getting hit already spots you and supression should be for everyone.

If you have suppression hit only(flinch) then different damage weapons are still going to have to have different levels of suppression. Which means damage levels need to be looked at.

However if 3 bullets from a AR is going to full suppress then a single bullet from a BAR has got to do the same thing. That was the major complaint in BF1/4 that suppression impacted dueling combat by 3rd parties.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Kunstula said:

The big problem with suppression is that it works when you're not actually trying to suppress but to land a hit but miss.
    This leads to inaccurate fire frequently getting the upper hand against accurate fire, which is a pretty bad game mechanism according to a lot of players including myself.

That whole arguement is just wrong. If mmgs/lmgs were laser accurate you may have a point, but they aren't, and nor should they be. No one just randomly fires without trying to hit a player. No one goes, "I'm going to randomly shoot at that rock in the hope I may suppress someone, if indeed there is anyone there". Whether people are accurate or not, they tend to aim to hit someone.  Anyway being accurate is not the only skill in the game. Positioning is another. Why is ok for someone to stand in the open taking 3-4-5 hits to then OHK or quick 2hk back. We don't want bf1 suppression back, but maybe, in line with bringing back proper gun sway, allow the suppression affect to be breaking or shortening 'holding breath'. 
  • Hawxxeye
    7775 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Fair enough, even my DSLR camera with the 200-500mm lens has sway
  • Kunstula
    edited April 13

That whole arguement is just wrong. If mmgs/lmgs were laser accurate you may have a point

I beg to differ. As a matter of fact, the very first thing that shocked me when I played this game for the first time is how insanely accurate all non-scout weapons have become compared to previous BF's.
    I don't know whether this is done on purpose or that the gun mechanics are bugged, but non-scout weapons are definitely far more accurate then ever before.
    Post edited by Kunstula on
  • InS_Hypno
    599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kunstula said:

That whole arguement is just wrong. If mmgs/lmgs were laser accurate you may have a point

I beg to differ. As a matter of fact, there very first thing that shocked me when I played this game for the first time is how insanely accurate all non-scout weapons have become compared to previous BF's.
    I don't know whether this is done on purpose or that the gun mechanics are bugged, but non-scout weapons are definitely far more accurate then ever before.
    if you get killed at ranged by an SMG while sniping you're doing something wrong
  • StealthAria
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Kunstula said:

That whole arguement is just wrong. If mmgs/lmgs were laser accurate you may have a point, but they aren't, and nor should they be. No one just randomly fires without trying to hit a player. No one goes, "I'm going to randomly shoot at that rock in the hope I may suppress someone, if indeed there is anyone there". Whether people are accurate or not, they tend to aim to hit someone.  Anyway being accurate is not the only skill in the game. Positioning is another. Why is ok for someone to stand in the open taking 3-4-5 hits to then OHK or quick 2hk back. We don't want bf1 suppression back, but maybe, in line with bringing back proper gun sway, allow the suppression affect to be breaking or shortening 'holding breath'. 
    Oh, but it is okay for every weapon category, even those intended strictly for CQC, to have faster TtK at every range than the long range weapons?  Even if you miss several shots with an SMG out beyond 100m, you'll still have a faster TtK than a BA unless that BA specifically manages to land a headshot.  A headshot, meaning they need to hit the smallest hitbox on the target, with a full 1/2 second between when they pull the trigger and when the shot lands, when that hitbox can move 2 meters in an instant.  And BAs aren't the only ones that benefit from headshots, so while the proper sniper is being forced to come to a complete stop to perfectly line up a shot and perfectly account for ballistic drop, other classes can just ADAD spam and spew bullets in the snipers general direction for sub-one second TtKs even if they miss a few shots.  Snipers on the other hand need to score that headshot or their TtK spikes to over 1 second, or to several seconds in the case of AMRs.
  • StealthAria
    InS_Hypno said:
    Kunstula said:

I beg to differ. As a matter of fact, there very first thing that shocked me when I played this game for the first time is how insanely accurate all non-scout weapons have become compared to previous BF's.
    if you get killed at ranged by an SMG while sniping you're doing something wrong
    Max of 8 bullets to kill on quite a few of them, low recoil and no spread, they dont perform much worse than ARs beyond 75m.  Of course, ARs are easier to use at range because of their no-glint 3x scopes, but SMGs are still perfectly capable of wiping people from 100 to 0 in less than a second at a few hundred meters.