Buff bolt-action rifles. They are toy BB guns.

1234568»

Comments

• InS_Hypno
    599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
     SMGs are still perfectly capable of wiping people from 100 to 0 in less than a second at a few hundred meters.
    Do you really believe this?
  • TyroneLoyd
    1783 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    InS_Hypno wrote: »
    (Quote)

Pahahaha that one got me good
  • StealthAria
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    InS_Hypno said:
     SMGs are still perfectly capable of wiping people from 100 to 0 in less than a second at a few hundred meters.
    Not counting the damage from headshots, most SMGs are 8 BtK max, which even at the MP34 get get out in less than 1 seconds at its slowest in class 514 RPM, netting it a TtK of <0.95.  Once you consider that there's going to be a few headshots mixed in the TtK drops by up to half.  Back in older BF games, using SMGs at range wasn't even worth considering because of their spread, but they did away with RBD and SIPS, instead opting for every gun being perfectly accurate as long as you can control the recoil, and even made it so most automatics have predetermined recoil patterns they'll always follow for the first few shots of each burst.

So yeah, you learn your SMG, it's perfectly capable of downing people in less than a second at over 100 meters.
    And dont go saying "but the sights" because I already know a good portion of Scout players are using iron sights out to a few hundred meters to escape the headshot beacon, and those sights aren't much better than the sight options on SMGs.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1783 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Not counting the damage from headshots, most SMGs are 8 BtK max, which even at the MP34 get get out in less than 1 seconds at its slowest in class 514 RPM, netting it a TtK of <0.95.  Once you consider that there's going to be a few headshots mixed in the TtK drops by up to half.  Back in older BF games, using SMGs at range wasn't even worth considering because of their spread, but they did away with RBD and SIPS, instead opting for every gun being perfectly accurate as long as you can control the recoil, and even made it so most automatics have predetermined recoil patterns they'll always follow for the first few shots of each burst.

So yeah, you learn your SMG, it's perfectly capable of downing people in less than a second at over 100 meters.
    And dont go saying "but the sights" because I already know a good portion of Scout players are using iron sights out to a few hundred meters to escape the headshot beacon, and those sights aren't much better than the sight options on SMGs.

Prob the largest stretch of ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ive seen in this forum.
    Not even worth explaining how wrong this is.
  • InS_Hypno
    599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    InS_Hypno said:

Idk in what kind of bubble you live in to think people can line up all shots with an smg over 100 meters
    If you are getting killed by any SMG from 100 to 0 from over 50 meters you are doing something terribly wrong
    I think you need to get a grip on reality 
  • Plucky6922
    489 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Is that the kind of SMG play that occurs on PC,?
    It doesn't work like that on PS4.
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 14
    (Quote)
    Max of 8 bullets to kill on quite a few of them, low recoil and no spread, they dont perform much worse than ARs beyond 75m.  Of course, ARs are easier to use at range because of their no-glint 3x scopes, but SMGs are still perfectly capable of wiping people from 100 to 0 in less than a second at a few hundred meters.

Uh, the longest ranged smg in the game, the Mp34, has a ttk of 970ms at 100m IF you land every single shot while firing at max RoF. That's 0.03 seconds away from 1 entire second. It only goes up from there. So no, if you're not 100% accurate (good luck with an SMG), most SMGs don't kill under 1 second a few hundred meters away. And the more shots you miss, the longer the TTK is.

The difference between the lowest ttk of the Mp34 and Krag Jorgensen at 100m is 0.12 seconds or 120 milliseconds in the Mp34s favor, a weapon that is significantly less accurate at that range than rifles. That means if you miss even one shot, the SMGs ttk skyrockets past the rifle, who is probably NOT going to miss a shot on a guy standing 100m away trying to stand still enough to accurately fire an SMG at such a distance.

The only way you're beating a rifle with an SMG at 100m or further is if you are 100% accurate while firing the weapon at its fastest possible RoF or if the guy with the rifle has like a 10% accuracy stat with rifles. 200-300m away? Not gonna happen unless the guy with the rifle is an absolute potato.
  • Hawxxeye
    7778 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 14
    Sometimes I wonder if the problem with the BARs is not in their stats but on how the map design does not easily let them reach targets inside an objective.
    Vantage points with a view to an objective are rather rare and they usually get a cannon shot.
    Meanwhile there are vantage points that have view toward the middle of nowhere, increasing the reputation of the snipers as non-contributors.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    Sometimes I wonder if the problem with the BARs is not in their stats but on how the map design does not easily let them reach targets inside an objective.
    Vantage points with a view to an objective are rather rare and they usually get a cannon shot.
    Meanwhile there are vantage points that have view toward the middle of nowhere, increasing the reputation of the snipers as non-contributors.
    The maps don't help but I would say for that reason. From my memory snipers in previous games had to mostly use rooftops or rooms in buildings to do their dirty work. Players knew where these spots were for the most part so knew where to look out for. In BFV the snipers nearly always hide in bushes or behind rocks and these are all over the map
  • Kunstula
    473 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    InS_Hypno said:
    if you get killed at ranged by an SMG while sniping you're doing something wrong
    I said all non-scout weapons are far more accurate than before. Of course you would only pick the smallest offender in the most extreme and least likely situation to downplay the entire issue, but I know how to deal with straw man arguments like these.

SMG's are not laser melting at 100m away, it's not that bad but they are also definitely a lot more accurate than previous BF's.
    I do however see LMG's, AR's, SAR's easily defeating scouts at moderately long ranges like 50-70m while firing from a ADAD strafing position.

Medics, the so called 'close range only class' can also compete with the scout at a similar range because of the bolt action carbines. The higher fire rate, larger magazine, ability to fire while staying scoped and 1HK ability make this possible.

• DigitalHype
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Is that the kind of SMG play that occurs on PC,?
    It doesn't work like that on PS4.

Yes. But, only due to additional software.
  • InS_Hypno
    Kunstula said:
    InS_Hypno said:
    if you get killed at ranged by an SMG while sniping you're doing something wrong
    I said all non-scout weapons are far more accurate than before. Of course you would only pick the smallest offender in the most extreme and least likely situation to downplay the entire issue, but I know how to deal with straw man arguments like these.

SMG's are not laser melting at 100m away, it's not that bad but they are also definitely a lot more accurate than previous BF's.
    I do however see LMG's, AR's, SAR's easily defeating scouts at moderately long ranges like 50-70m while firing from a ADAD strafing position.

Medics, the so called 'close range only class' can also compete with the scout at a similar range because of the bolt action carbines. The higher fire rate, larger magazine, ability to fire while staying scoped and 1HK ability make this possible.

Buddy unless you are intentionnaly playing aggresive as a recon you shouldn't get killed by a medic unless he has a jungle carbine
    And barely anyone use the jungle carbine anyway because they can't land headshots at range and get ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ on up close
    Hitting people for 99 damage with a HS because their out of range got to be one of the most disappointing thing to ever happen in a video game
  • Magikf1ngers
    253 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    .. while the proper sniper is ....
    Going to stop you right there.  There ARE no proper snipers in this game.  No one plays it the way a sniper would act on a real battlefield.  Snipers don't stand to shoot.  They don't take multiple shots from the same location in most cases.  

Setting that aside - a proper sniper would still go out and make a contribution to the team, instead of staying in spawn and pumping up a K/D ratio.  

So - "Proper sniper" is a misnomer. 

..and yes, if I happen to play recon for whatever reason and use a BA - that's how I play it.  If I'm covering an objective so I can watch for people arming / disarming - I use an auto loader or semi-auto so I have a faster rate of fire.  That's also the only time I take more than one shot from a location.  
  • Kunstula
    473 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 15
    Edit: removed double post

Post edited by Kunstula on