Shotgun adjustments

CT1924
1264 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
So hear me out. The Drilling is not included in any of this. Also note I am not a shotgun camper, I actually push.
Shotguns are a weapon class that have lengthy reloads and are only effective up to 8 meters(ish). Spread make it hard to measure. The Suomi kills with a ttk that is nearly identical, and is more forgiving. It is more effective at range as well. Medic also has infinite heals to help with cqc, support does not. Shotguns are rather underpowered as a result.

Select-Fire

Now I want to add a nifty little feature-changing the fire mode dumps your shells out the bottom of the gun, and you load slugs. This would obviously take a few seconds. Only one specialization would need adjusting, so the slug spec would become high velocity slugs, with a 350 m/s velocity(normal is 300).

Ammo

Ammo counts should remain the same, so the total ammo should be cut to 15,15(normal,slugs) from 30 shells, or 20,15 from 35 shells.

Reloads

Shells are loaded one at a time. So hitting the reload button when at 5 out of 7 shells should be able to stop us from adding more shells.

Remember, shotguns are and unforgiving weapon class that is currently cqc only, and has less range than a suomi wich is more forgiving, just as effective, has unlimited heals, and has longer range.

Comments

• Synderz123
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm down for having select-fire changing ammo types between buckshot and slugs. That would be cool.
  • talhaONE
    934 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    All shotguns needs buff including drilling. I dont know why did you exclude it.
  • CT1924
    talhaONE said:
    All shotguns needs buff including drilling. I dont know why did you exclude it.
    These changes would be more detrimental to the drilling, as it's rifle round is superior to the slugs used by other guns. It works like a bolt action rifle, but can only have a 2x zoom applied.
    I'm down for having select-fire changing ammo types between buckshot and slugs. That would be cool.
    I'm glad other people agree.
  • CT1924
    @Braddock512 @PartWelsh is this a possibility? Would be a cool addition, and a much needed one.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1591 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So seriously, you want both to eat the cookie and keep it?

Why not have a select fire slug for the 2a to while you are at it, it is not fair that it only owns up to like 20-25 meters and in that range make all other smgs redundant. Or maybe  a slect fire bolt action sniper with a 2a type smg attached to it to make sure both log range and short range?
  • talhaONE
    934 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 4
    CT1924 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    These changes would be more detrimental to the drilling, as it's rifle round is superior to the slugs used by other guns. It works like a bolt action rifle, but can only have a 2x zoom applied.(Quote)

The problem of shotguns is not their lack of ability to use both buckshots or slugs. Problem is their ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ poor range and giving them both buckshots and slugs wont going to fix them.
  • NuttysKunKs
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So hear me out. The Drilling is not included in any of this. Also note I am not a shotgun camper, I actually push.
    Shotguns are a weapon class that have lengthy reloads and are only effective up to 8 meters(ish). Spread make it hard to measure. The Suomi kills with a ttk that is nearly identical, and is more forgiving. It is more effective at range as well. Medic also has infinite heals to help with cqc, support does not. Shotguns are rather underpowered as a result.

Select-Fire

Now I want to add a nifty little feature-changing the fire mode dumps your shells out the bottom of the gun, and you load slugs. This would obviously take a few seconds. Only one specialization would need adjusting, so the slug spec would become high velocity slugs, with a 350 m/s velocity(normal is 300).

Ammo

Ammo counts should remain the same, so the total ammo should be cut to 15,15(normal,slugs) from 30 shells, or 20,15 from 35 shells.

Reloads

Shells are loaded one at a time. So hitting the reload button when at 5 out of 7 shells should be able to stop us from adding more shells.

Remember, shotguns are and unforgiving weapon class that is currently cqc only, and has less range than a suomi wich is more forgiving, just as effective, has unlimited heals, and has longer range.

The whole point if someone is out of your range is for you to draw them into your range.

Try shooting someone 70m away. You’ll hug him with easy and annoy the hell outtahim. Might even use a med pack etc..

You can stop the reload by switching to your sidearm and back ;)
  • CT1924
    talhaONE wrote: »
    (Quote)
    These changes would be more detrimental to the drilling, as it's rifle round is superior to the slugs used by other guns. It works like a bolt action rifle, but can only have a 2x zoom applied.(Quote)

The problem of shotguns is not their lack of ability to use both buckshots or slugs. Problem is their ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ poor range and giving them both buckshots and slugs wont going to fix them.

It will increase ranged capabilities, but with proper drawbacks.
  • CT1924

Select-Fire

Ammo

Reloads

The whole point if someone is out of your range is for you to draw them into your range.

Try shooting someone 70m away. You’ll hug him with easy and annoy the hell outtahim. Might even use a med pack etc..

You can stop the reload by switching to your sidearm and back ;)

Ooh thanks, forgot about that.
    Also slugs are good for about 50m, unless they stay still.
  • CT1924

Why not have a select fire slug for the 2a to while you are at it, it is not fair that it only owns up to like 20-25 meters and in that range make all other smgs redundant. Or maybe  a slect fire bolt action sniper with a 2a type smg attached to it to make sure both log range and short range?

So the suomi is better than the 2a. Also, shotguns are good to 5m, and kinda ok up to 9. 25 is not accurate either-a suomi can take someone at 50 meters with select fire(which increases accuracy by 20%). So other guns do get select fire bebefits, and no one complained when select fire changed the bar damage model. Go main shotgun on Hamada, no camping, and tell me how it went after an hour or two.
  • InS_Hypno
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No one wants shotguns to be effective at anything else than close range
    They are already insanely frustrating to deal with CQC, no one with half a brain wants to have to deal with them at distances too
  • CT1924
    InS_Hypno said:
    They are already insanely frustrating to deal with CQC, no one with half a brain wants to have to deal with them at distances too
    Just as effective as a suomi, but for a shorter range. And no self heals. How is that balanced? Sure, they are one shot, but the same goes for the suomi with the netcode. It'l get its 4-5 shots off fast enough, and comes out of a sprint faster. Also, slugs have a slow velocity anyways. And you would have to unload and reload to switch fire modes. It increases accuracy, which other weapons can do with select fire(20% increase). I really do not see how this is a problem. As for being effective cqc, as long as it is within 7 meters, they work. But backup to 8, and you are fine.
  • InS_Hypno
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CT1924 said:
    InS_Hypno said:
    Just as effective as a suomi, but for a shorter range. And no self heals. How is that balanced? Sure, they are one shot, but the same goes for the suomi with the netcode. It'l get its 4-5 shots off fast enough, and comes out of a sprint faster. Also, slugs have a slow velocity anyways. And you would have to unload and reload to switch fire modes. It increases accuracy, which other weapons can do with select fire(20% increase). I really do not see how this is a problem. As for being effective cqc, as long as it is within 7 meters, they work. But backup to 8, and you are fine.
    No the suomi is not the same as a shotgun
    If you want to play at mid range just equip the slugs and assume the fact you need to aim
    You still one shot people in the upper body at close range
  • CT1924
    edited April 5
    InS_Hypno wrote: »
    (Quote)
    If you want to play at mid range just equip the slugs and assume the fact you need to aim

Have you seen the netcode?
    Also, a shotgun with slugs is just a crummy jungle carbine with slow bullet velocity. Never gonna us the gun in that ohk range.
  • InS_Hypno
    CT1924 said:
    (Quote)

Have you seen the netcode?
    Also, a shotgun with slugs is just a crummy jungle carbine with slow bullet velocity. Never gonna us the gun in that ohk range.
    yeah like it matters on your 120 ms input lag 64 inch TV
    If anything shotguns needs a nerf so that we can tone down weapons like the Suomi and 2A that have to be this crazy to be able to compete with them at close range
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1724 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 5
    I feel like they are in a place where they need to be. I don't see why we need to change them. And no a soumi will not kill as fast as a shotgun idk where you are pulling that from. 
  • CT1924
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    I feel like they are in a place where they need to be. I don't see why we need to change them. And no a soumi will not kill as fast as a shotgun idk where you are pulling that from. 

Not equal, but similar for all intents and purposes. Plus infinite heals and longer range. And they are OK, but not havong slugs and normal shells, two very situational things(pistol level velocities or lower), and no unlimited heals snd such.
    (Quote)
    If anything shotguns needs a nerf so that we can tone down weapons like the Suomi and 2A that have to be this crazy to be able to compete with them at close range

My ping is usually 10. But please continue. As for the 2A-I would argue it is fine. Suomi can kill more stuff, and faster according to sym. And it is more accurate.
  • CT1924
    (Quote)

Also, how would you even nerf it anymore? Any less range and it's a melee weapon/bayonet. With no infinite heals.
  • CT1924
    OK, so this sums up most of my grievances. Please watch to the end before flipping out over it.
  • CT1924

They aren't stuck in a 7 meter window. And have less competition(snipers).