Shotgun adjustments

Comments

• bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I feel like they are in a place where they need to be. I don't see why we need to change them. And no a soumi will not kill as fast as a shotgun idk where you are pulling that from. 
    I do....
  • talhaONE
    934 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CT1924 wrote: »
    talhaONE wrote: »
    (Quote)
    These changes would be more detrimental to the drilling, as it's rifle round is superior to the slugs used by other guns. It works like a bolt action rifle, but can only have a 2x zoom applied.(Quote)

The problem of shotguns is not their lack of ability to use both buckshots or slugs. Problem is their ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ poor range and giving them both buckshots and slugs wont going to fix them.

It will increase ranged capabilities, but with proper drawbacks.

As i said shotguns needs straight buffs. Shotguns will still be mediocre after these.
  • Player_rs688is9
    91 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Shotgun like They are now needs to go away or be massively nerfed. Im so sick and tired of seeing clips by people actually thinking its something impressive killing with a shotgun.
  • talhaONE
    934 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Shotgun like They are now needs to go away or be massively nerfed. Im so sick and tired of seeing clips by people actually thinking its something impressive killing with a shotgun.

Shotguns are awful what the hell are you talking about? Even the drilling barely can one shot anyone in 10 meters.
  • GrizzGolf
    1376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Shotguns feel pretty good right now
  • talhaONE
    GrizzGolf wrote: »
    Shotguns feel pretty good right now
    I dont know if you realized but shotguns didnt buffed back at update 6.2.
  • CT1924
    1264 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Jave you used one on Arras or Hamada? And pushed?
  • InS_Hypno
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE said:
    talhaONE wrote: »
    (Quote)
    These changes would be more detrimental to the drilling, as it's rifle round is superior to the slugs used by other guns. It works like a bolt action rifle, but can only have a 2x zoom applied.(Quote)

The problem of shotguns is not their lack of ability to use both buckshots or slugs. Problem is their ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ poor range and giving them both buckshots and slugs wont going to fix them.

It will increase ranged capabilities, but with proper drawbacks.

As i said shotguns needs straight buffs. Shotguns will still be mediocre after these.
    No, not at all
    How can anyone come to that conclusion is beyond me
  • InS_Hypno
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CT1924 said:
    InS_Hypno wrote: »
    (Quote)
    yeah like it matters on your 120 ms input lag 64 inch TV
    If anything shotguns needs a nerf so that we can tone down weapons like the Suomi and 2A that have to be this crazy to be able to compete with them at close range

My ping is usually 10. But please continue. As for the 2A-I would argue it is fine. Suomi can kill more stuff, and faster according to sym. And it is more accurate.
    You didn't understand what I'm talking about and it kinda plays into my point
    THERE'S PROBABLY A BILLION THINGS MAKING YOUR EXPERIENCE WORSE BEFORE THE GUN BALANCE
    The 2A and Suomi both need to be nerfed
    They shouldn't be a thing, the only thing that can consistently compete with these is a shotgun or the same weapon
  • talhaONE
    (Quote)
    No, not at all
    Another claim without backing up.
  • InS_Hypno
    talhaONE said:
    (Quote)
    No, not at all
    Another claim without backing up.
    I play with shotguns once in a while
    They definitely don't need a buff
    Learn to aim
  • talhaONE
    (Quote)
    Learn to aim
    Nobody asked for how often you play with shotguns.

I asked you to back up your claim. If you cant read just leave the forum.
  • InS_Hypno
    talhaONE said:
    (Quote)
    Learn to aim
    Nobody asked for how often you play with shotguns.

I asked you to back up your claim. If you cant read just leave the forum.
    Ah the console mmg camper is being condescending again?
    They OS, that's all you should need to understand that they are the best gun in CQC
    AKA not mediocre
  • talhaONE
    (Quote)
    Ah the console mmg camper is being condescending again?
    They OS, that's all you should need to understand that they are the best gun in CQC
    AKA not mediocre
    Calls me condescending in a condescending sentence. I dont know how anyone can lower himself that much.

Back to topic. They are one shot only at point blank range and they are not consistent. SMGs have a lot more range and a lot more consistent.
  • InS_Hypno
    edited April 5

If you aim on target it isn't inconsistent
    You shouldn't lose a 1v1 against an SMG
    Especially on console where you can abuse the aim assist
    If you are engaging out of range you shouldn't take the fight 
    Just like an SMG wouldn't engage a Gewerh-43 at 30 meters up

Whoever is approving the other comments just erase them
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1724 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Watched the video. The guy answered his own question. You have to pick your engagements like EVERY OTHER weapon in the game along with routes and flanks.Why would you pick something up or go to an area out of its effective range is beyond me and shows a lack of game sense. Again i see no reason to buff a shotgun if its already strong in its niche that would just invade other weapons sector. Smg's are a niche.  Lmgs are a Niche. MMG's are an extreme niche. The only weapons that need a pass-through are SLRs. I primarily use them and still feel they are a bit too strong for the little recoil they have.

• CT1924
    (Quote)
    Learn to aim

Aiming has nothing to do with this. And it would take a few seconds to switch fire modes, just to be clear. The issue is needing to be within 5m with no infinite heals, so more range is needed for balance.
  • CT1924
    (Quote)
    You didn't understand what I'm talking about and it kinda plays into my point
    THERE'S PROBABLY A BILLION THINGS MAKING YOUR EXPERIENCE WORSE BEFORE THE GUN BALANCE
    The 2A and Suomi both need to be nerfed
    They shouldn't be a thing, the only thing that can consistently compete with these is a shotgun or the same weapon

That's an opinion, not a fact. You just claimed something id op. And provided no evidence. Also, many people believe that gun balance is one of the most important aspects of an FPS game.
  • CT1924
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    Watched the video. The guy answered his own question. You have to pick your engagements like EVERY OTHER weapon in the game along with routes and flanks.Why would you pick something up or go to an area out of its effective range is beyond me and shows a lack of game sense. Again i see no reason to buff a shotgun if its already strong in its niche that would just invade other weapons sector. Smg's are a niche.  Lmgs are a Niche. MMG's are an extreme niche. The only weapons that need a pass-through are SLRs. I primarily use them and still feel they are a bit too strong for the little recoil they have.

Good points. Weapons do have a niche. However, it does seem a bit off that medic competes in the same range, but has a wider operational range. And unlimited heals.
    It was the best adjustment I thought of at the time, but less spread from a blast could help with consistency instead, I suppose.
    But well argued points overall. :)
  • CT1924
    (Quote)
    If you aim on target it isn't inconsistent
    You shouldn't lose a 1v1 against an SMG
    Especially on console where you can abuse the aim assist
    If you are engaging out of range you shouldn't take the fight 
    Just like an SMG wouldn't engage a Gewerh-43 at 30 meters up

Whoever is approving the other comments just erase them

If the SMG is at 7m, you will lose though, and the suomi is just as effective at that range.