Shotgun adjustments

123457»

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    7511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 3
    CT1924 said:
    InS_Hypno wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I do have 5 hours played with the model 37
    I have 3 kills per minute with it so safe to say I don't camp with it
    Also played with the m1897 for 4 hours only with slugs
    They are definitely fine

Fair. I don't chrck stats cause I know it doesn't properly track for a lot of people, myself included.
    I do think the pellet distribution should be a lit tighter, but with more damage drop off. More consistancy.
    I agree, what the shotguns lack is not in effective range (0-10m is fine) but in consistency at that effective range.
    Most enemies will not just sit still to strike a pose for the perfect positioned shot as most of the victims at tyrone's video
    I find that static huge hipfire shotgun reticle more misleading than helpful; I think we have a problem when most of the body of an enemy 5 meters away is in the one half of the circle and most of the pellets chose to go to the other empty half of the circle. (or even outside the circle)

Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • InS_Hypno
    599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CT1924 said:
    (Quote)
    oh stop sharing that damn video

Its literally explained by the fact you're shooting at prone people without being on center mass

It's still true. You get one framed by suomi and thompson, even 2a, so it's true. Go play shotgun without camping and come back after 5 hours. Then we'll talk.
    I do have 5 hours played with the model 37
    I have 3 kills per minute with it so safe to say I don't camp with it

talhaONE said:
    (Quote)
    oh stop sharing that damn video

Its literally explained by the fact you're shooting at prone people without being on center mass

Again you are clueless about how shotgun pellet distribution works in bf5.

How would that make any sense if I'm utilizing them better than you are?
  • DingoKillr
    4257 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 3
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I agree, what the shotguns lack is not in effective range (0-10m is fine) but in consistency at that effective range.
    Most enemies will not just sit still to strike a pose for the perfect positioned shot as most of the victims at tyrone's video
    I find that static huge hipfire shotgun reticle more misleading than helpful; I think we have a problem when most of the body of an enemy 5 meters
    away is in the one half of the circle and most of the pellets chose to
    go to the other empty half of the circle. (or even outside the circle)
    (Image)

For more consistency up to 10m the spread cone needs to be smaller, that increase the effective range.

What shotguns really need is not cone spread with sharp damage drop. Just a trumpet like spread where 10m the pellets are tight then after it increase pellet spread so beyond say 25m is almost no damage.

Then adding the ability load different shells would make shotgun interesting.
    Post edited by DingoKillr on
  • Foxassassin
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    InS_Hypno said:
    CT1924 said:
    (Quote)
    No the suomi is not the same as a shotgun
    If you want to play at mid range just equip the slugs and assume the fact you need to aim
    You still one shot people in the upper body at close range

Have you seen the netcode?
    Also, a shotgun with slugs is just a crummy jungle carbine with slow bullet velocity. Never gonna us the gun in that ohk range.
    yeah like it matters on your 120 ms input lag 64 inch TV
    If anything shotguns needs a nerf so that we can tone down weapons like the Suomi and 2A that have to be this crazy to be able to compete with them at close range

CQC weapons being good at CQC. Who would've thought...
  • Hawxxeye
    7511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    I find that static huge hipfire shotgun reticle more misleading than helpful; I think we have a problem when most of the body of an enemy 5 meters
    (Image)

For more consistency up to 10m the spread cone needs to be smaller, that increase the effective range.

What shotguns really need is not cone spread with sharp damage drop. Just a trumpet like spread where 10m the pellets are tight then after it increase pellet spread so beyond say 25m is almost no damage.

It bothers me so much that people think that shotshell just ... stops ... after 10-25 feet. I understand it's for balancing reasons, but you shouldn't need to be in melee distance to harm someone with a shotgun. You're not shooting feathers.
    Well if we look into the actual effective range of every weapon in the game then pretty much every weapon would be having like 3-4 times the effective range they have have now.
    What bothers me with the shotguns here is not the range but feeling like if I am pulling the level of a slot machine each time I use it in its  intended range for enough pellets to go where they need to go.
  • Magikf1ngers
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    (Image)

It bothers me so much that people think that shotshell just ... stops ... after 10-25 feet. I understand it's for balancing reasons, but you shouldn't need to be in melee distance to harm someone with a shotgun. You're not shooting feathers.
    As long as they don't bring back the slugs which made people able to snipe with shotguns - that was ridiculous.

• talhaONE
    951 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    As long as they don't bring back the slugs which made people able to snipe with shotguns - that was ridiculous.

Why? Whats wrong with sniping with slugs? Its not an easy job to secure kills with slugs at long ranges anyway.

Bf3 slugs were a lot stronger then the slugs we have in Bf5 and they were still nowhere near op. Slugs always took skill to use.
  • CT1924
    1300 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Standard shot has no headshot multiplier. You're safe. ;)
  • DingoKillr
    4257 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CT1924 said:
    (Quote)

Standard shot has no headshot multiplier. You're safe. ;)
    Add with the fact that it less than 400 ms/s and no scopes actual sniping beyond 50m is pointless with a shotgun on moving targets. 
  • iron_site_sniper
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My biggest issue with the shotgun is the accuracy right after zooming in.  It is so slow that it makes the shotty worthless especially if you are using the slugs.  Right after you zoom in on a target, you have to wait like 3/4 of a second before the slug is accurate which makes all the shotguns useless.  Is this how it's suppose to be? or is this a bug?
  • DingoKillr
    My biggest issue with the shotgun is the accuracy right after zooming in.  It is so slow that it makes the shotty worthless especially if you are using the slugs.  Right after you zoom in on a target, you have to wait like 3/4 of a second before the slug is accurate which makes all the shotguns useless.  Is this how it's suppose to be? or is this a bug?

Yes, some weapons are design to have slow ADS settle. Whether shotguns should have I don't know.