Hard to see enemis

djenka8
0 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
In Bf 5 its hard to see enemy  no spoting options?please fix that.pleasee help

Comments

• Sr_0V3RKILL
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 31
    I was gonna open a thread about this but since you already talked about it I'm gonna post here. Anyway, I have the same problem and I have seen a lot of people in YouTube talking about it. The further the enemy is the blurrier he gets. He looses a lot of resolution and the environment doesn't help at all. Not to mention this white line around everything. As if the anti aliasing is bad. I remember how easy it was to spot an enemy in BF2142 or BF2. It has nothing to do with the games being older. The game "Squad" is new and it is far better looking than this. You can see an enemy from miles away very well defined. What is going on with distant objects and this frostbite engine? Just bad. Also, things look further away than they should. I have my FOV at default which is 50 or so, cant remember. Well, default looks like 120 FOV when it comes to distance. But when you see how little from the sides is shown, it makes it look like it's set to 50. It is hard to explain. But, there is something seriously wrong with the FOV and distance. One doesn't match the other. I remember I use to have 90 FOV in Bad Company and I was able to see so much from the sides without sacrificing distance. I just can't enjoy this game. I hope the new battlefield doesn't have this dam problem.
  • heresPaul
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It was worse back in 2018, not too bad now for me, even on the devastation map which was the worst
  • GrizzGolf
    1380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    heresPaul said:
    It was worse back in 2018, not too bad now for me, even on the devastation map which was the worst
    Same Dude
  • Violent_Rumble
    432 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pro tip - Soldiers wear camouflage not hi-vis, you're not meant to see them easily.
    If you stop for a moment and look left and right before running into the open you will have a lot better chance at survival.. it's the same as crossing the road
  • Celsi_GER
    713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 1
    Honestly, I do not understand complaints about visibility. It's just fine.
    Yes, on maps with much debris like Devastation or parts of Hamada it is difficult to see a soldier motionlessly hiding in debris, but this is just natural. The debris is quite realistic and detailed, and so (like in reality) provides a lot of (visual) cover.
    Adapt your play style accordingly! Running down the street without looking left and right and checking "the usual camper spots" of course get's you killed a lot.
    And usually you are not dead at the first shot. Why are you not able the take cover after first hit? If there is no cover near, you are moving in the wrong way on Devastation.

I, personally, have absolutely not problems on Devastation, it's one of my favourite maps. And I am not the camper type l, I PTFO.

Sorry if my post sounds a little bit aggressive snd maybe arrogant, this is not my intention.
    But if there is something which we really don't need, it's DICE fiddeling with visibility again and ruining this, too.
    Knowing them, they will introduce permanent red markers over the head of each enemy player to "fix" the not-existing problem. Nobody can want this.

• olavafar
    2261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Pro tip - Soldiers wear camouflage not hi-vis, you're not meant to see them easily.
    If you stop for a moment and look left and right before running into the open you will have a lot better chance at survival.. it's the same as crossing the road
    Except that stopping will render an immediate headshot from a recon you do not see even if you look right at him (you just see another bush). Yes, in reality camouflage has a purpose. In a game like this arcady shooter it only promotes stationary play which quite frankly is not that fun unless there is at least a few that are willing to take the risk of moving around.

We have all played these TDM matches (if you play TDM, that is) where most of one team basically hides the whole round and the other team tries to find them. The hiders mostly takes a big lead and even win unless the other team starts to hide too. Then the TDM match goes into slomo mode and who wins will mostly be a matter of which team has the few that did not notice and still run around searching (or as more common nowdays, has a few esp players). A better tactic against hiders is mostly to zerg with medics and scouts to find them, kill them and revive any casualties but this requires cooperation on a level not all teams are capable of.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1029 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER wrote: »
    Yes, on maps with much debris like Devastation or parts of Hamada it is difficult to see a soldier motionlessly hiding in debris, but this is just natural. The debris is quite realistic and detailed, and so (like in reality) provides a lot of (visual) cover.
    Adapt your play style accordingly! Running down the street without looking left and right and checking "the usual camper spots" of course get's you killed a lot.
    And usually you are not dead at the first shot. Why are you not able the take cover after first hit? If there is no cover near, you are moving in the wrong way on Devastation.

I, personally, have absolutely not problems on Devastation, it's one of my favourite maps. And I am not the camper type l, I PTFO.

Sorry if my post sounds a little bit aggressive snd maybe arrogant, this is not my intention.
    But if there is something which we really don't need, it's DICE fiddeling with visibility again and ruining this, too.
    Knowing them, they will introduce permanent red markers over the head of each enemy player to "fix" the not-existing problem. Nobody can want this.

I'm fine with the visibility too but remembering back to when I first started playing I certainly wasn't. This down to the fact that things have changed in game but also that you get used to it. I can imagine starting out again would be difficult.
  • bigiain
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you put enough hours into the game, you'll start to become accustomed to where people are, although I still get surprised every so often by someone lying in the middle of the road on their back with an MMG, looking more like a discarded bag than a human. The movement of dead players doesn't help.

The problem with the visibility is that a lot of players haven't got the time to acquire the map knowledge you need for it not to be a problem and either never bought the game after the beta, abandoned it early on or play on in an incredibly slow and timid style where looking at a flag counts as objective play. You'll often hear about how much people don't like the maps or find the game empty and boring. I'd guess that the visibility is a big part of that.
  • olavafar
    2261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bigiain said:
    If you put enough hours into the game, you'll start to become accustomed to where people are, although I still get surprised every so often by someone lying in the middle of the road on their back with an MMG, looking more like a discarded bag than a human. The movement of dead players doesn't help.

The problem with the visibility is that a lot of players haven't got the time to acquire the map knowledge you need for it not to be a problem and either never bought the game after the beta, abandoned it early on or play on in an incredibly slow and timid style where looking at a flag counts as objective play. You'll often hear about how much people don't like the maps or find the game empty and boring. I'd guess that the visibility is a big part of that.
    Lol, the number of times I've shot on a dead person just to be sure... Worst is I often play with SLR or Semi Auto so I have made some noice AND I need to fill up the mag. It is an invite to the Type 2A guy to pop up from nowhere :). These guys dont need visibility. They just hold left MB until hitmarkers starts to show (been there done that).
  • CrashCA
    1321 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Been like this or very similar for 18 months, search forums prior to posting. Old issue, will not be changed.
  • Hawxxeye
    7504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dear OP
    the best thing you can do right now for making enemies a bit easier to see are the following.
    1. Set the mesh quality on max and everything else on low
    2. If your monitor has a "Game mode" use it, it will make the contrast better and the visuals more sharp
    3. Finally download a nice free program called VibranceGUI. With this you can set it so that only when you play BFV the digital vibrancy on your graphics card will increase to an amount you set yourself. With more vibrancy your colors will be more intense which will make it easier to distinguish enemy patterns from the terrain colors
  • Broliszibaila
    319 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER said:

Well, in the ww2 reality all soldiers were able to see enemy without problem in 20 metres distance or more. Soldiers werent aliens from movie Predator who just disappears. Visibility is bad. Like many things in this game. Stop defending it.
  • NightSkyn3t
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you know the map it's easier to spot ennemies not being able to see them is not an excuse for you lack of map knowledge idk why is it so hard to understand for some people. I see my teammates not seeing obvious things it's frustrating.
    Crying about visibility doesn't help improving your gamesense and map knowledge.
  • Snookray83
    41 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    enabling image sharpening in the nvidia control panel helps a bit (sharpen 0.70, ignore film grain 0.0) under manage 3d settings.
  • Porter3KK
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You just need to consider that the enemy will also be able to see you more clearly, specially the pilots and tankdrivers. Also you can play around in the graphicsettings with "blur". I think its on 50/50 default so you might wanna set blur on 0 or 100 %.

• D5RAT
    2009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lots of players atm don't seem to have a problems seeing me . They probably see a red box around me 😂
  • Celsi_GER
    713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Well, in the ww2 reality all soldiers were able to see enemy without problem in 20 metres distance or more. Soldiers werent aliens from movie Predator who just disappears. Visibility is bad. Like many things in this game. Stop defending it.

Must be a matter of computer hardware or eyeball hardware on your side then.
    I have absolutely no issue with visible in BFV. Why should I lie about it? Because I love BFV so much? The game is a series of fails and bad decision. Because I love EA so much? EA... eh, you know what they are.
  • TFBisquit
    2263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, game has a visibility issue from day one. Devastation was very bad but they changed some lighting on uniforms to make it better.
    You can mitigate it with a good monitor and the proper settings with higher contrast and brightness etc etc.
    Ah, 3x scope also helps.
    Then you can change the colours of your uniforms too, to suite the environment so you are harder to see also.
    The fact some never had an issue with visibility, doesn't mean this game has none when a majority does suffer from it.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 3
    Still have some issues seeing the enemy, but it is a lot better now. Just to bad that  both british and  germans have uniforms that kind of look the same.