Please bring back the hardcore mode!!

xXch0i18Xx
postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited April 2020
EA / DICE Devs, can you please please please please please bring back the hardcore mode!!

Most players now relay on the map and not with their senses. When you play CQ, Breakthrough, most of the time players spamming on flares and would know where the enemies are, not like before that you have to search for the enemies.

Most of the time, players would just camp and know where the players are going.

This is not COD, there should be no campers, but since there"s no Hardcore mode, more and more players camp.

Played BFBC2, BF3, BF4 on hardcore mode and it was great, but with BF1 hardcore sucks and now on BF5 you removed it. Please give us this option EA / DICE.
Post edited by IIPrest0nII on

Comments

• IIPrest0nII
    2580 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Let's not use Caps Lock please. Your topic title edited.
  • Sgt_Dogo
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2020
    I would also like to see Hardcore mode in BFV. Perhaps that would make bolt action rifles a little less useless because when you shoot someone square in the chest with a bolt action at close range they should die. Simple as that.
  • kid_n4pper
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I mean I'll be happy if they give us a playlist with the vanilla TTK instead of the bullet sponge garbage we have now.
  • PTFO_PLZ
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I'd love to see Hardcore return.  I also agree that BF4 Hardcore was excellent, but BF1 Hardcore was an unplayable teamkill fest.  The difference between BF4 Hardcore and BF1 Hardcore?  In BF4 Hardcore there were coloured dots above friendlies heads to help you stop gunning down your own team mates, and no red dots above enemies heads.  In BF1 Hardcore there were no coloured dots of any kind above friendlies or enemies heads, so it was pretty much a flip of the coin, hence BF1 Hardcore being unplayable.

I started this thread a while ago arguing for the return of BF4 Hardcore style in BFV, i.e. with coloured dots above friendlies heads and no coloured dots above enemies heads:

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/191779/how-to-make-hardcore-mode-excellent-again#latest

I presented clear arguments that it is more realistic to have coloured dots above friendlies heads in hardcore mode, in terms of there being a closer match between the actual recognition distance of the player with the other players figure on the screen, when compared to a situation where the player actually saw the other figure in real life at the same distance.

Please feel free to resurrect this thread with its detailed arguments.

Several people disagreed with me, but no-one made any serious attempt to dispute the specific arguments and logic that I presented. 

Nevertheless, I respect the fact that some people have a different opinion, and that some people preferred the BF1 Hardcore approach with no coloured dots above friendlies heads and no coloured dots above enemies heads.

So here's my suggestion for a sensible compromise:

1)  DICE Hardcore servers stick to a default setting like the BF4 Hardcore style, i.e. coloured dots above friendlies heads, and no coloured dots above enemies heads.

2)  For those who prefer the BF1 Hardcore style, i.e. NO coloured dots above friendlies heads and NO coloured dots above enemies heads, they can rent their own server and there can be a setting to switch off coloured dots above friendlies heads.

How's that sound to all you Hardcore fans out there?  A compromise we can all agree on, thereby helping DICE to make a decision on the matter?

• THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    262 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Please bring back real core mode
  • AmosBurton_GER
    996 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2020
    I would love to finally have Friendly Fire again. It would solve one of the great diseases of this game, the dumb, permanent and undirected fire into the crowd.
    This game would gain a lot if all the mindless ammo spammers suddenly must take care not to hit their own people.
    Post edited by AmosBurton_GER on
  • PTFO_PLZ
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER said:
    I would love to finally have Friendly Fire again. It would solve one of the great diseases of this game, the dumb, permanent and undirected fire into the crowd.
    This game would gain a lot if all the mindless ammo spammers suddenly must take care not to hit their own people.

I agree.  Any thoughts on my suggestions re: how to compromise on the issue of whether or not to have coloured dots above friendlies heads, in my post above?  If we could get some agreement on this then it could help DICE to make a decision on the matter and finally get hardcore for BFV (and hopefully BF6 too).
  • AmosBurton_GER
    996 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2020
    As a colorblind person (red-green) I would depend on some kind of markers over friendly heads.
    But don't bother, it's 2 years after release, they will never bother to give us a hardcore mode so late after they have refused to do it so long.
  • fragnstein
    867 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    While I got into bf4 late, I played quite a bit of hardcore and enjoyed it more then regular. I think that there is to much going against bfv to implement a hardcore mode. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there wasn't enough time to code in hc during the prerelease development and doing so now would require much more time to incorporate, time and money ea doesn't want to spend
  • bigguyhawaii
    397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2020
    I want it to tk the hackers
  • NuttysKunKs
    578 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

That’s the main reason it’s not being implemented xD
  • SirBobdk
    5379 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Lol now I also want hardcore