"Planes are OP" threads are based on nothing but emotion

Comments

• VOLBANKER
    1708 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    When half the lobby quits once it’s time for Fail 652 in the map rotation, it should tell you something.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Is the word, and it's true. 

Yeah not fun for you because you tank, and a good pilot is an effective counter to tanks.

Just because you don't find planes fun or getting killed by them as fun, doesn't mean other people don't have fun using them. Everyone wants their play style buffed while crying to DICE to nerf other play styles. Even though tankers average the highest SPM and KPM than any other class I don't think they should be nerfed just because getting sniped by a valentine that's camping a resupply 100m away "isn't fun." I couldn't imagine being that self-centered.

Again, no one has provided any empirical data that suggests planes are OP other than someone claiming a pilot went 77-1 on breakthrough. "Antifun"? Lmao, that's your data?
    Yea. Stat wise bfv has given me stats beyond another game easy, but as for fun no, been like so dry.  
  • Celsi_GER
    710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 8
    You sound like Trump.
    Nobody has provided any empirical data that planes are OP, that global warming is real and that Corona will kill thousands of people.
    And still all of it is true.
    Some things do not require "empirical data" to be recognised, sometimes open eyes and some common sense are sufficient.
  • StealthAria
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER said:
    You sound like Trump.
    Nobody has provided any empirical data that planes are OP, that global warming is real and that Corona will kill thousands of people.
    Some things do not require "empirical data" to be recognised, sometimes open eyes and some common sense are sufficient.
    We dont have any empirical data for vehicles, because no one has fully taken apart the code like they did for previous titles.  We can however actually play the game and study the results, just like how any simpleton can prove flat-earthers and anti-vaxxers to be the stupidest people alive.

Planes can get massive KDs, but why?  Well, as someone that does fly and actually does use AA, I can assure it it isn't because planes are OP.  99% of the time you see a pilot on a massive spree, it's because no one has been on AA in any capacity.  I'll see a plane going 60-0 on the score board and hop an AA, guess what I see but clear skies all around, not a single round in the skies that wasn't fired by me, and  then the plane suddenly stops getting kills and just starts raking in deaths.
    Planes are not OP, people just can't be bothered to use AA because it hurts their KD and SPM to not be on the front lines with the real OP gear.  With all the range buffs they've received, AA might actually be an OP counter to planes as they can literally deny the entire map to planes with just 1.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2234 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There are plenty of counters to planes but I guess they can be considered not fun and for those who have an attraction to scoring highly then this is also an 'issue'. SAA is plenty effective against most pilots, but can be boring as anything if pilots then just avoid the area you are defending. The minute you leave the AA the minute the plains return.  Good pilots will however fairly easily take you out- but those really good pilots are rare (on PS4 at least). You can also decide to use the fliegerfaust, but if you are the only one then this is more nuisance value and doesn't stop a half decent pilot getting in their straffing/bombing run. A couple players with fliegers however will ruin their day. But again. This can be a boring play style as to be on anti air duty you generally need to be out of range/sight of enemy infantry, so again you score will suffer. 
  • PuckersMcColon
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    I played a round of breakthrough on Panzerstorm on Sunday and the top score was my clanmate who had 92 kills in a tank. Another one of my clanmates got over 80 kills on conquest with the model 37 shotgun on Operation Underground. Are those OP too? 

Those are called good players that no one attempted or figured out how to stop. I guarantee if I was on the opposite team in a fighter, they wouldn't have went 77-1 and 55-0. 

*mic drop
  • CSO7777
    1771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Is the word, and it's true. 

Yeah not fun for you because you tank, and a good pilot is an effective counter to tanks.

Just because you don't find planes fun or getting killed by them as fun, doesn't mean other people don't have fun using them. Everyone wants their play style buffed while crying to DICE to nerf other play styles. Even though tankers average the highest SPM and KPM than any other class I don't think they should be nerfed just because getting sniped by a valentine that's camping a resupply 100m away "isn't fun." I couldn't imagine being that self-centered.

Again, no one has provided any empirical data that suggests planes are OP other than someone claiming a pilot went 77-1 on breakthrough. "Antifun"? Lmao, that's your data?
    The problem with your 'fun' argument is that 2 to 4 player have fun on behalf on the rest (60 players). This is just wrong.

Most players play infantry and the game should be fun for the majority of players, not the select few. I still argue that bombers should never have been an option in the game, it just doesn't work without destroying the fun in the game.

BFV biggest problem is the lack of fun, older titles have as many issues as BFV, but the fun-factor makes up for all the bad things. Bombers are one of the things that sucks the fun out of BFV.

Each time Fjell is coming up you get disgusted, before the map even starts (unless you are a pilot). BT is also much less fun, having to take a single objective which is being hammered by bombers (and rockets/arty/sniper tanks), just feels stupid and makes people camp even more.
  • Celsi_GER
    710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 9
    That's just Word quibble (strange term, I hope that Google translator picked the right term here) I will not deny that there are quite some AA measures available. And that they are unattractive / not rewarding so that nobody uses them.
    This makes them ineffective - - > underpowered - - > planes are overpowered because 60:0 scores are very rewarding to the pilots.

I personally like the AA role, played it a lot in BF2 - BF4.
    In BFV I have downed quite some planes too, but it's no fun at all. Especially since the AA tanks are so ridiculously weak and vulnerable.
    Fliegerfaust is difficult to aim on planes doing wild manoeuvres, ineffective at altitude and you need (at least) two people who do not care having a bad score due to chasing planes instead of doing rewarding things.

So being AA is "dangerous", depends on cooperation and aiming skill.
    While a single pilot (no cooperation required) can fly safely (almost no danger) in high altitude and precisely drop his bombs with his 3rd person aim assist (almost no skill required).
    And you say this is not overpowered?
    Ridiculous.

Meanwhile people actively avoid/quit maps with planes because they are annoyed by the overpowered planes. That's alarming and a clear indicator that something is wrong with the planes. I cannot remember this to happen in any BF before.

• cashm0n3y08
    239 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER said:
    You sound like Trump.
    What does politics have to do with this topic? Since you went there, as for empirical data on global warming and COVID-19, yes there absolutely is data on those subjects. 
  • Celsi_GER
    edited April 9
    I am sorry. It was the first thought I had when I read your comment denying an obvious fact because you cannot see "empirical data".
    Anyway, I should not have mentioned the T-Name, this wasn't nice. Sorry.
  • cashm0n3y08
    239 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    From what I've gathered from the anti-plane crowd is that getting killed by them is frustrating because its random, and in the rare event of running into a skilled pilot, getting on anti-air is not an option because its too boring. The other alternative is learning how to fly yourself, but its too hard to learn and takes too much effort, and I quote "most BF players only want to play infantry." There's zero data on how planes are OP, not because the data I provided suggests otherwise, but because data doesn't matter, only common sense and what you can see with your own eyes matters. Makes total sense, I mean when has our eyes and emotions ever fooled us right? Getting killed by planes isn't fun, we can't possibly fathom that BF has never been an infantry only game, that aerial combat has always been a part of the franchise, and that possibly others may enjoy the planes, but despite all that "for the love of god DICE stop these OP planes!!!!" The game should be tailored to my play style only, and since its not, I'm going to go to the forums and reddit to tell DICE how all of the things I find unfun about the game is OP.

Gotcya! 
  • cashm0n3y08
    Celsi_GER said:
    I am sorry. It was the first thought I had when I read your comment denying an obvious fact because you cannot see "empirical data".
    Anyway, I should not have mentioned the T-Name, this wasn't nice. Sorry.
    Planes are OP is not a "fact." And Planes are not OP is also not a "fact." They are opinions. However, at least I backed up my opinion with data instead of my own experiences. 
  • Celsi_GER
    edited April 9
    data!=proof!=facts.

Your "data" bases on your personal experience like mine, unless I have missed some important MIT publications about BFV balance issues.
  • cashm0n3y08
    Celsi_GER said:
    data!=proof!=facts.

Your "data" bases on your personal experience like mine, unless I have missed some important MIT publications about BFV balance issues.
    Did you even read my original post? The data I provided is not my own experience, but rather data collected by battlefield tracker, literally the only source, at least that I know of, that collects player data for BFV. Sadly, MIT does not collect data on the game. The data suggests that in terms of SPM and KPM, the pilot class is the least effective. I guarantee that if you tried to fly, you would struggle to even get a kill, especially in a fighter. There's a reason why most BFV pilots average, according to BFV Tracker, 1 kill every 4 to 5 minutes. In my perspective, that sounds pretty weak. 
  • StealthAria
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    When half the lobby quits once it’s time for Fail 652 in the map rotation, it should tell you something.
    So how about the fact pilots ragequit once someone competent hops on AA?
    If people ragequitting is proof something is overpowered, wouldn't that mean AA is OP, since pilots ragequit when it's actually used properly?
  • VOLBANKER
    1708 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    So how about the fact pilots ragequit once someone competent hops on AA?
    If people ragequitting is proof something is overpowered, wouldn't that mean AA is OP, since pilots ragequit when it's actually used properly?
    One guy who is good at AA doesn’t ruin the game for 32 others.
    That’s the difference between AA and planes.
  • VOLBANKER
    Anyway, if AA and FF were fun and rewarding to use, people would be flocking to them.
  • cashm0n3y08
    VOLBANKER said:

How do you know a good pilot ruins the game for ALL 32 players? Do you message them after each game? I believe you are projecting your own emotions onto other people. Further proving my original post. I have never thought upon seeing a good player dominate whether it be in a tank, plane, or infantry that they are ruining the game for everyone. The first thought I typically have is, "ok that's a good player, let me see if I can find him and kill him or her." I don't automatically think someone has a good score not because they are good, but because they are using some unfair OP weapon or vehicle, because if that were the case, everyone would be doing it. 
  • Terminator000001
    981 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    (Quote)

My fun is ruined if some tryhards running around with Type 2A, Suomi and the 1x scope that reduces recoil. Can we get a nerf for them?
  • cashm0n3y08
    VOLBANKER said:
    Anyway, if AA and FF were fun and rewarding to use, people would be flocking to them.
    Find a game where everything is "fun and rewarding" without actually putting in much effort and I'll probably never buy such a boring steaming pile of garbage. What would be fun and rewarding to you? Being able to one-tap a plane from across the map with an AA?

When flying and an AA starts shooting at me, I don't find the strategy to attack AA as "fun and rewarding" either. I would rather dogfight or attack tanks and infantry, but if I want to stay alive, sometimes I have to do things in the game that I don't particularly find fun. I assure you, finding out a way to deal with an MAA that's camping in its spawn safe from infantry next to a resupply in a fighter is neither "easy" or "fun."