Knee sliding.

HillbillyJohn
510 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I currently have Bfv on ps4 and noticed all the servers I played in had players sliding all over the map, is this the case for xbox as well?  

Comments

• sabersun
    153 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Love it when the enemy slides up a concrete staircase and around the corner to get me with his knife.
  • HillbillyJohn
    510 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mishkin37 said:
    Yes. It’s awful, and it looks so ridiculous.

I hope they ax this mechanic from the next game; characters can slide around corners, up staircases and across gravel, undeterred by gravity or friction.
    I'm not a fan of it either.

• maximushibee10
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeh you can also knee slide backwards if you time it right... now if only all ww2 soldiers knew how to knee slide or jump and dolphin dive there would’ve been so many more survivors
  • HillbillyJohn
    Be great if they would remove sliding from the game but I won't hold my breath.
  • HillbillyJohn
    So is there a glitch of some kind associated with the sliding because I have a really difficult time killing the players doing it even though I get hit markers on them?
  • NuttysKunKs
    568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So is there a glitch of some kind associated with the sliding because I have a really difficult time killing the players doing it even though I get hit markers on them?

It does seem to through the hit markets off I found.

Wouldn’t mind sliding if it would slow you down a touch.

It’s like they are sliding on a stream of lube.
  • HillbillyJohn
    I've seen them doing more sliding than running, it seems like an exploit to me.
  • tempo_rarity
    1378 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    * Breaks the posted speed limits to barely get through amber traffic lights .
    * Walks away grinning if a store clerk has just short-changed themselves .
    * Visits Food Banks even with full pantries at home because , hey ,  free , right?

To me , EVERY slider is potentially one-or-all of the above IRL , and often much much worse .
    Weird how a simple game animation can so precisely inform on people who may be like that .
    . . actually , they do the informing by their performing .

Me , I'm here to Play a simple Game though , and not to get all guesswork-existential about the purveyors of this phenomena , and so I usually use this : 
    "For the most part , they are CoD Run-n-Gunners" . . . . . but then right here another very interesting phenomena occurs , if this surmise turns out to be true .
    DADA-ing and SLIDE-ing are both examples of common-in-BF adaptations , towards which we witness these CoD'ers yearning-nay-needing to accomplish .

But against what and towards what goal is this borderline-exploitative evolution occurring?
    Well , to ward off sniper tanks and murderous planes and nasty guns and of course their most-hated feature of BFV ; the very effective counter to R-n-G : Static Play . 
    The potential phenomena here in their 'actions' is that ; while at the same time making the Game look silly , they are in fact heaping vast amounts of praise upon it   ;)
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1908 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    learn2aim
  • Shadow0nTh3Sun
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    * Breaks the posted speed limits to barely get through amber traffic lights .
    * Walks away grinning if a store clerk has just short-changed themselves .
    * Visits Food Banks even with full pantries at home because , hey ,  free , right?

To me , EVERY slider is potentially one-or-all of the above IRL , and often much much worse .
    Weird how a simple game animation can so precisely inform on people who may be like that .
    . . actually , they do the informing by their performing .

what?  I share your feelings about red light runners and stealing from the poor.  How is sliding comparable?

I use it, because its a tool.  Its in the game, in the options, its not an exploit, its fun, it helps me.  Use it!  I wouldn't be sad if they took it away.  I don't understand the anger.
  • SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It needs removed from the game and movement of soldiers needs dropped about 10% across the board.
    I absolutely agree.
    Same here.
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    While movement speed or momentum could be lower, the knee sliding offers no benefit, only downside for the game is that it shows the poor net code, or server quality.
    Then like in past games, they could have programmed a block for firing any weapon when sliding or falling from heights. Or a tremendous recoil.
    But that kind of tech was probably too much to ask from this version of frostbyte.
  • OoTh3z4cKoO
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I slide alot for 3 reason i hate stay static , is fun , it helps getting in cover and avoid fire .
    I slide and jump from stair to cut them , slide and knife if i get the opportunity , slide at zig zag to avoid sniper fire , while in combat if enemy go to cover rapidly run ad slide to cut the distance between us and take a better position , slide while running just for slide , slide jump and throw a granade just for fun and slide , as a medic slide and healing around tank to keep them busy while assault destroy the tank . Go ahead and hate me
  • HillbillyJohn
    learn2aim
    Lol!  Typical.