Knee sliding.

Comments

• Major_Pungspark
    1599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 11
    It is like an infestation, they slide in 100mph while changing direction, while firing, my guess is that most of them have just scripted it to make it easier. I also think that something horrible happens with the netcode making it even harder to hit them.. I guess DICE is just trying to get is all to make some scripts? Every time there is one of those super sliders I usually just get so pissed of that I quit the game and find something else to play for a while. 
  • sabootheshaman
    1259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    * Breaks the posted speed limits to barely get through amber traffic lights .
    * Walks away grinning if a store clerk has just short-changed themselves .
    * Visits Food Banks even with full pantries at home because , hey ,  free , right?

To me , EVERY slider is potentially one-or-all of the above IRL , and often much much worse .
    Weird how a simple game animation can so precisely inform on people who may be like that .
    . . actually , they do the informing by their performing .

Me , I'm here to Play a simple Game though , and not to get all guesswork-existential about the purveyors of this phenomena , and so I usually use this : 
    "For the most part , they are CoD Run-n-Gunners" . . . . . but then right here another very interesting phenomena occurs , if this surmise turns out to be true .
    DADA-ing and SLIDE-ing are both examples of common-in-BF adaptations , towards which we witness these CoD'ers yearning-nay-needing to accomplish .

But against what and towards what goal , is this borderline-exploitative evolution occurring?
    Well , to ward off sniper tanks and murderous planes and nasty guns and of course their most-hated feature of BFV ; the very effective counter to R-n-G : Static Play . 
    The potential phenomena here in their 'actions' is that ; while at the same time making the Game look silly , they are in fact heaping vast amounts of praise upon it   ;)

Terrible analogy. It’s a mechanic in the game not an exploit or dishonest in any way.

Do you have an ABI?

Stop being a sook.
  • Lancelot_du_Lac
    226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Knee sliding doesn't belong in Battlefield.  It's an annoying and distracting mechanic that isn't implemented correctly anyway.
    Just a BFV version of 'dolphin diving'.
  • SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Knee sliding doesn't belong in Battlefield.  It's an annoying and distracting mechanic that isn't implemented correctly anyway.
    Just a BFV version of 'dolphin diving'.
    Haha true. That was also ridiculous.
  • Broliszibaila
    319 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, this sliding is very stupid.
  • DingoKillr
    4352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

What does then?

This community have some real babies. I have seen threads for these to be removed too.
    - Prone
    - Vaulting
    - Climbing over walls.
    - Doors
    - Jumping through windows
    - Swimming underwater
    - Jumping off building(unless parachute opens 2m off the ground)

There is probably anti ledge grabbing, crouch and crouch running thread somewhere too.

Maybe DICE could make a medieval BF then they could remove all the above, after all they have added swords, horse, lances, crossbows, bows, daggers and clubs in BF.
  • ro7hbard
    167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sliding should have some penalty like bayonet charge. Instead people can use it to evade and shoot, which can make it kind of silly. 
  • HillbillyJohn
    510 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 12
    Hopefully the next Battlefield game won't have this gravity defying, endless sliding nonsense.
  • soupy48
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For me the sliding makes it feel like an arcade game instead of Battlefield.  It's like watching a serious dramatic scene in a movie and right in the middle of it Bugs Bunny comes sliding in and says what's up doc!

Then E. Fudd shows up with a shot gun.
  • stagville
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mishkin37 said:
    Yes. It’s awful, and it looks so ridiculous.

I hope they ax this mechanic from the next game; characters can slide around corners, up staircases and across gravel, undeterred by gravity or friction.

that just ruins the movement, making it easier to get killed. Trust me, BF1 was a nightmare and we don't want that movement style again.
  • stagville
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It does belong in battlefield. 
  • Mishkin37
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 13
    stagville wrote: »
    (Quote)
    that just ruins the movement, making it easier to get killed. Trust me, BF1 was a nightmare and we don't want that movement style again.

Consider this counterpoint:

Knee sliding ruins movement.

Post edited by Mishkin37 on
  • Mishkin37
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Must be the same dev who thought diving dolphin was a great idea.

It was probably a move that looked cool and theatrical in a trailer, but is actually silly when you’re seeing it in 1st person perspective or coming at you.

The reveal trailer had a bunch of movement mechanics that looked extreme and chaotic but didn’t exactly transfer well to first person perspective (e.g. sliding to a wall for cover, crawling backwards on back, etc.).