Knee sliding.

1235»

Comments

• Red_Label_Scotch
    1571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    I don't understand what the 'learn to aim' and 'get gud' comments have to do with players abusing a game mechanic.

It’s the meta. You are complaining about a technique some players use to play the game. Clearly because you are blaming it for your poor performances. Of course people will say that.

Same as everyone complaining about the TTK in the past. Stop blaming everyone and everything else for your failures.
    Something being meta does not stop it from being a disgusting practice that utilizes unnatural and unintuitive movement.
    Do I mind losing a gunfight? No. But I mind seeing such ridiculous things being the meta way to play, especially offensively.
    I think you need to look again. That was the faster sprint of the katana running up the hill, then the guy slided away behind cover. Exactly how the slide should be used. 

There is a cool down of a number of seconds and you can't fire when sliding.  The problem is you finish crouched that does offer lower spread, the ending of the slide is the issue not the slide itself.

DICE in late BF4 removed the fall firing on jumps to stop a hitbox exploit. Slide just needs some adjustment to just after ending, high recoil or spread is not the answer as most slide are used for close range attacks.
    So what would you suggest could be done?
    I am obviously biased against erratic movement so I am not the best one to make suggestions on that.
    I m ean, just listen to the wording, "the problem of the crouch is the lower spread..."  is lower spread a problem, or a bonus?  You're being gaslighted, dude.
  • Hawxxeye
    7779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I trust that Dingo at least has the best intentions.
  • The_BERG_366
    2781 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    I don't understand what the 'learn to aim' and 'get gud' comments have to do with players abusing a game mechanic.

It’s the meta. You are complaining about a technique some players use to play the game. Clearly because you are blaming it for your poor performances. Of course people will say that.

Same as everyone complaining about the TTK in the past. Stop blaming everyone and everything else for your failures.
    Something being meta does not stop it from being a disgusting practice that utilizes unnatural and unintuitive movement.
    Do I mind losing a gunfight? No. But I mind seeing such ridiculous things being the meta way to play, especially offensively.
    I think you need to look again. That was the faster sprint of the katana running up the hill, then the guy slided away behind cover. Exactly how the slide should be used. 

There is a cool down of a number of seconds and you can't fire when sliding.  The problem is you finish crouched that does offer lower spread, the ending of the slide is the issue not the slide itself.

DICE in late BF4 removed the fall firing on jumps to stop a hitbox exploit. Slide just needs some adjustment to just after ending, high recoil or spread is not the answer as most slide are used for close range attacks.
    So what would you suggest could be done?
    I am obviously biased against erratic movement so I am not the best one to make suggestions on that.
    I m ean, just listen to the wording, "the problem of the crouch is the lower spread..."  is lower spread a problem, or a bonus?  You're being gaslighted, dude.
    and that is a myth. knee sliding doesnt give you crouch spread, you remain with the spread values of standing up. also even if that wouldn't be the reason why its effective (obviously, given the fact that its used now). 
    tbh i just don't see why its a good idea to make this game even more camper friendly. if anything, the manual leaning mechanic should go. its not like sliding turns people into unkillable offensive one man armies. If you play it "smart" and defensive you will always have the advantage over the people pushing in this game, regardless of sliding. 

also btw, you can initiate some form of slide by jumping, crouching mid air and letting go of movement keys/stick before you touch the floor again and not pressing any movement keys until the slide comes to a stop. the advantage of this is that you can turn in any direction during sliding which isn't possible on an ordinary slide. you'll also get crouch spread/recoil when doing this (not really an advantage on the ranges on which this is useful to begin with but well...). however you can't change direction or influence the slide in any other way. it also has less range than an ordinary slide as your speed decreases during the slide until you come to a full stop. its hence also not possible to keep running automatically after the slide is finished like with the normal slide. This one is only effective offensively, for any defensive use you're always better of with the ordinary one. 
  • StupidNameHere
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My mom used to play as Oddjob in Goldeneye 007, back in the day. She did the ole "slider'oo" on one knee and since that little dude so short, she was damn near impossible to see coming in a fire fight. She only used slappers so no harm, no foul but i always think of her laughing and him slapping and sliding when i see people knee scraping everywhere. Those people suck but my mom is super awesome.
  • Hawxxeye
    7779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 18
    My mom used to play as Oddjob in Goldeneye 007, back in the day. She did the ole "slider'oo" on one knee and since that little dude so short, she was damn near impossible to see coming in a fire fight. She only used slappers so no harm, no foul but i always think of her laughing and him slapping and sliding when i see people knee scraping everywhere. Those people suck but my mom is super awesome.
    Having a mom that understands about games instead of looking at her son like an addict sounds so epic. Lucky you
    Even at my 30s with a good job I still feel that I get "that" stare when I play more than 1 hour on my free time...
  • TyroneLoyd
    1786 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sigh

Just lower the momentum after sprint. I don't really care for spread as I don't use it offensivly but whatever add a penalty.

If you have issues killing the user after a change like that you have other problems.

Tired of looking at the thread because the answer is easy compared to the hyberboles being made.

• InS_Hypno
    603 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    it's crazy people complain about the slide being annoying to hit but no one mention how ridiculous the transition between prone position is and how it significantly shift the hit box

Not an problem when playing with an automatic but when playing with a bolt action its annoying

Sometimes I feel like people are actually doing breakdance on the floor
  • Hawxxeye
    InS_Hypno said:
    it's crazy people complain about the slide being annoying to hit but no one mention how ridiculous the transition between prone position is and how it significantly shift the hit box

Not an problem when playing with an automatic but when playing with a bolt action its annoying

Are you talking about something like this?

• InS_Hypno
    603 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 18
    Hawxxeye said:
    InS_Hypno said:

Are you talking about something like this?

basically but sometimes they can stay on the ground longer and do a couple quick 180

This is an example of a broken mechanic both in term of gameplay and realism

And don't get me started on the people breaking their back proning on debry fields and still being able to shoot

But you don't see bots doing threads about it 

• Zombi131
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They should definitely nerf it down, add 5sec cooldown or something and remove sliding uphill. There is no downside and yes, you should look after the game and update it still... there is no rule that you can not update mechanics after certain time after release. It's a good game and you can still make it better and stick around longet with just a small tweaks. 
  • HillbillyJohn
    510 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zombi131 said:
    They should definitely nerf it down, add 5sec cooldown or something and remove sliding uphill. There is no downside and yes, you should look after the game and update it still... there is no rule that you can not update mechanics after certain time after release. It's a good game and you can still make it better and stick around longet with just a small tweaks. 
    Sounds good to me!